Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not enough points?

Options
  • 24-01-2009 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I'm thinking of going back to college but I don't meet the points requirements for the courses I'm currently looking at with my leaving certificate alone. I do however hold a degree and a diploma already and I'm wondering can these be counted in as points in some way?

Thank you for any responses.

Comments

If you apply as a mature student your points don't matter. You're assessed on the basis of an interview (probably) and a personal statement you put together.

But if you have a degree already keep in mind that you'll have to pay fees as long as the course you're looking to do is at the same level (NFQ level that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^^what he said. But also look into getting any work experience in the area of interest if you can.

Advertisement