Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carroll on Pole for A1 Sprint race.*EDIT* NOW ON POLE FOR BOTH RACES..!!

• 24-01-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭

Hope he can keep up the momentum he has created :cool:

.265 ahead of second place Holland;) in the sprint race

Guess what
    .265 ahead of Holland in the Feature race as well

Along with that
    Carroll put in the fastest time ever recoded for a lap on the circuit :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Think I might stay up to watch this.
    Narrow track in a lot of places could see a few off's during both races.

C'mon Team Ireland and Adam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Another good win for Adam, keep it up mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Did you hear his nickname "Princess":eek:
    Anyway fair play, now for the double!
    C'mon Team Ireland!

What the hell is going on with the anti-stall in the pits, Carrol is down to second because of it.

Second for Team Ireland in the feature race with the Swiss in first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

ARRRGGGHHHH! I missed the bloody thing and I'm absolutely raging, especially seeing as I've got no-one to blame but myself! :mad: I completely misread the broadcast times on the A1GP website, I thought the coverage was due to start at 3.30 but that was actually the finishing time of the coverage (well, it actually finished a little bit later than that)! I fired up the live stream at 3.20, all ready to settle down and watch what i hoped would be another victory for Team Ireland, only to find the top 3 drivers getting ready to go up onto the podium! Absolutely kicking myself here for making such a stupid mistake! :mad: I'll definitely take more care in checking the times in future and not make such a basic error again, that's for sure!

Great weekend for Team Ireland again, though. Two poles, winning the sprint race and finishing second in the feature (which should have been a win too if it wasn't for that problem in the pit stop with the anti-stall). Carroll seems to have really gotten to grips with this new car and it seems to really suit his driving style, and the team have been doing an awesome job as well this season. Ireland have got to be favourites now to take the title.

Roll on South Africa and Kyalami! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

O.K. the stalling was a crapper but he still got another chance when the safety car came out but couldnt take advantage...dont think he would have beaten the Swiss.....:o.....kinda looked like he'd setteled for second to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

I think Adam overcooked his tyres chasing the Swiss car and then when given the opportunity with the safety car he couldn't get anymore out of the car/tyres. His 3rd or 4th lap after his second pitstop was a good 6-7 tenths quicker than Switzerland. I do believe that he could have held Jani off if the anti-stall didn't kick in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I haven't been a fan of A1 in the past, watched it when it started a few years ago, didn't really like it. Since then I've stopped watching F1. Seen the Irish were leading and watched the last race in New Zealand. Have to say I really enjoyed it, has a bit more excitement than F1, looking to the South Africa GP, hope Adam can keep up the good form.

Advertisement