Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamestop has no Skate 2. Anyone got it or gonna?

• 24-01-2009 3:37pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna pick up a copy of Skate 2 today I hope. I went into Gamestop on Friday and they had none. The lady checked the rest of the shops. None. Apparently they didnt order any as a company!

I'm gonna grab a copy from Jervis street today I hope and jump online later this evening or tomorrow evening (when I get my xbox back online!). Anyone wanna ride as a boards gang? Does this new interface make it easier to find your friends and play pickup games with them?

Anyone got Skate 2? Wossit like? I've been waiting for ages for this! Is the editing suite enhanced?? (I loved making videos... especially crashes! :) )

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Yeah it's really good. I picked it up in HMV. Video editor is much better, no filters though apparently they'll be DLC.

Some of the challenges are pretty difficult, I feel myself getting more frustrated at the sequel than the first game.

Haven't touched it online yet, getting used to the new moves and stuff. Wanna check out that create a graphic thing on the skate website.

I'll join your gang. The online activities are apparently like Burnout Paradise, would be great to do in a big group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Rosedale6

I got my copy of skate 2 from shopto.net on Thursday. Its a really good game much better then the first one and the servers are USA as well not just europe. The online is amazing on it and talking to people on the headset is really clear. I am finding it a lot harder to master the spots on this one then i was on the first skate. Really everything on this game is a lot better then the first one.

I would like to join your group but ive got this on PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

absolutely no where had it on release date only 3 of my friends actually got to buy it.. (1 got it in cork) the rest had to rent it... Gamestop wont have it in until wednesday :eek:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

GAME has it - €49.99

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Just got my xbox back online (and finally updated!). When Gamestop get the game in I will be online and looking for some mates to skate with! :)

Downloaded the demo and like what they have done with it so far...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thought the demo was a good laugh but can you alter the camera angle (couldn't in the demo). Its the only thing which bugged me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Vegeta wrote: »
    Thought the demo was a good laugh but can you alter the camera angle (couldn't in the demo). Its the only thing which bugged me.

Yeah you can. There's 2 settings, a low camera which focuses more on the board and your skaters feet or a high camera which is your whole character in frame like Tony Hawks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

rizzla wrote: »
    or a high camera which is your whole character in frame like Tony Hawks.

Excellent

My nephew (5) loves skating games so I might buy this for "him" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

So has gamestop got this in yet as Im holding out to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

Smyths in Blanchardstown have it in stock on 360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I never played the first Skate so I rented this. Really good stuff, although I suck at everything bar the death race and bailing games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭AnotherYou

Got the demo, I'm buying it tomorrow, I used to skate a few years ago and I loved this one because I used to only have tony hawks to play about with, but I always used to just do the cool looking tricks, not the high scoring ones.

Skate 1 was always the most realistic skating game, graphics were a tad lack luster but that was to be expected (and the new one has cleared that issue right up), I still loved it because you were always dead happy with your tricks.

Where as this one has a trick system (in flips at least) a lot like fight night, genuis idea. Even more like real life, flick the left stick off to the right for a kickflip etc. just like your feet on a real skateboard.

However anyone whos actually thinking of jumping on a skateboard and heading for the steepest hill you know, Its not THAT like skating.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm finding it a LOT harder then Skate1 where you were effectively a figurine stuck to a wheelie thing. This is a lot less arcadey but none the less its still a lot of fun.

Owning spots take a lot more work and the scoring system seems a bit sketchy. I have pulled insane stunts and gotten 900, then pulled something less awesome but slightly tweaked and scored 1400 during OTS.

Is anyone else finding their 360 struggling with the graphics?? Mine chugs sometimes when the perspective is distant...

DeV.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Dev - I have a few copies if you are still playing the demo. Let me know if you want one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I can't play it online, there's loads of people on the skate forums with the same problem, there's an issue with EA nation and some gamertags. I can play it online with my spare gamertag, but not with my normal one, and EA's support team haven't got a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Dev - I have a few copies if you are still playing the demo. Let me know if you want one
    DO you mean you have a few xbox 360 copies of skate 2? If so are you selling them and for how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I got this last week and I'm still playing it. I did think the thrasher mag and skateboard mag challenges were a bit short though, however a brilliant game overall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

CyberWaste wrote: »
    DO you mean you have a few xbox 360 copies of skate 2? If so are you selling them and for how much?

I have a few copies but not selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

i'm nearly bald after playing this for the last 10 days or so :mad:

frustrating in a good way as i find my self thumping the air and and shouting out loud when i nail one of the more difficult challanges :D

now if i could only get the last of my pro challenges done, its driving me nuts

Edit: ped's and other skaters make career mode harder than it should be

Advertisement