Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG concept design..

Options
  • 24-01-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

so im goin to do a concept design, im not goin to say it because im not, but it might be in a pub, so anyway, i have 1 idea, so is all i have to do is model it, (does it have to have 5 parts?) or do i have to have another concept design and say why i chose that one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

pickles_17 wrote: »
    , so is all i have to do is model it, (does it have to have 5 parts?)
    I believe it does
    or do i have to have another concept design and say why i chose that one??
    You have two options. One, improve the design you've already modelled, or two, start from scratch and design a totally new design.

Your concept design doesn't have to have 5 parts. Only the CAD model of the existing design that you choose to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

what are people modifying or making out of scratch,

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

I think that it would be easier todo a concept because there has to be a good reason for any modifications that you make although you only have to do one.I think that the model only has to have one part regardless of whether it is a concept or modification. Also remember that "changing the colour of a product is not considered a design modification.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I am starting from scratch.

Does anyone know the break up of the marks for the project?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Im modding it, think thatll be easier aswell, add in an extra speaker or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Personally I feel the concept design has far more margin for error and will be marked easier.
    For the initial post, the concept design does not have to be 5 parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Good luck with it. I just modified mine. I'd say the concept design would be marked harder IMHO. If you designed something that is wholly unpratical they'd slice you I'd say. I read somewhere that is has to be realistic and viable. But I've seen some pretty cool designs so go for it and all the best! :)

Advertisement