Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed

Options
  • 24-01-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

looking for advice for a work mate who is not in any union. Basically he is to be called into a meeting with his manager on monday for what he has been told is publically divulging private and personal info about a work manager who is no longer on location but based somewhere else. Now i was there when that manager worked with us and they clearly talked about their finanacial and personal circumstances to all there and what was said in front of the current manager by my work mate is how bad the manager was in debt and having seen there bank details online as he was being shown by that person in a two minute conversation. Now from where i sit its nothing got to do with the company or the manager but maybe im wrong. Any advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

He is probably being asked to attend a tribunal and there is a set format to these. By law, they must produce details of rights and responsibilies that are applicible in any proceedings. For a start, I bet they haven't done this. Unless they have knowledge or experience of these situations and their own responsibilities, they will almost certainly muck their proceedings up enough to get an early end put to them...

He also has the right to bring someone, be it a solicitor, union rep (he can join a union Monday morning, btw).

Stating these alone and demanding an explanation is probably enough to have it adjourned.

He MUST do research on employee rights in these circumstances. They are hard and fast an will make interesting reading...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

but im trying to understand as to what the company has to do with the details talked about as they were a personal matter and not a company related matter and what can they do.

Advertisement