Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do all the chinese people hang out..its chinese new year week-end

• 24-01-2009 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

this weekend is the spring festival/chinese new year so lets meet up with our chinese buddies,,,but where are all the chinese bars /ktv clubs in dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭albert-bundy

does anyone know a chinese bar on caple street

crap how do i change chibese to chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

There's a Korean bar called the Hop House on Parnell St. across from Fibbers. Fantastic food, friendly staff, cheap pints and the occasional chinese person.

hoping to find somewhere with more than the occasional chinese...and i mean chinese not asian ...could not be in china for their new year so tryin g to find the c,brations here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Do the chinese know your after them,if so there probably hiding. If not,they ususally have some sort of celebration around the smithfield area,well I think they did there last year. It's usually advertised.

• Advertisement

but ended up i caple street few different chinese bars/restaurants... then went to parnell st. also good ...all in all i still say the chinese are so far in my book the best ethnic races for mixing...polish take note while the girls may mix the guy are simply into their own world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

this weekend is the spring festival/chinese new year so lets meet up with our chinese buddies,,,but where are all the chinese bars /ktv clubs in dublin?

TED: (frantically)Wha.. Who.. Wha.. ?!? Dougal there were Chinese people there.

DOUGAL: Oh right yeah.

TED: I mean what is.... I mean...

DOUGAL: That's the Yin family. They're living over there in that whole Chinatown area.

TED: Chinatown area? There's a Chinatown on Craggy Island? Dougal, I wouldn't have done a Chinaman impression if I'd known there was going to be a Chinaman there to see me do a Chinaman impression.

haha nice one ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

but ended up i caple street few different chinese bars/restaurants... then went to parnell st. also good ...all in all i still say the chinese are so far in my book the best ethnic races for mixing...polish take note while the girls may mix the guy are simply into their own world

Was that the point of your thread, to have a dig at the Poles?
    They ate our swans.

a go at the poles ;) no no did the eat our swans ??? i wondered where they went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Click on this for details of the Dublin City Chinese New Year 2009:

http://www.dublin.ie/uploadedFiles/Culture/English%20Brochure%20Low%20Res%20Screen.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

The Gnome wrote: »
    There's a Korean bar called the Hop House on Parnell St. across from Fibbers. Fantastic food, friendly staff, cheap pints and the occasional chinese person.

Isnt that the..........SHAKESBEAR(shudder)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Isnt that the..........SHAKESBEAR(shudder)!

Indeed it is.... why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

does anyone know a chinese bar on caple street

The Blue Note?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

On a tangent, does anyone know what happened to all the Chinese restaurants on Moore St? Did they move to Parnell St or where they closed down?
    Great food in them but to be honest I wouldn't have been too surprised if they were shut by the authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

pretty much everything is closed on moore st, a lot of the restaurants moved to parnell st/capel st areas and most of the shops moved to the moore st arcade/mall under the lidl at the end of the street

Advertisement