Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freecom network media player wlan 450 hdmi hd 1080

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

I'm no expert but it looks like this doesnt play mkv, m2ts or ts files which are as far as I am aware the format required for HD files! The audio is also very limited, no metion of AC3 or Dts playback never mind DTS-HD!

In relation to the harddrive question there is a usb port on the back which you can connect an external harrdrive so you dont need one installed.

I have a Tvix 5100 which I am extremely happy with, one of the more popular players is the Popcorn Hour, you can find more info here.

I had a Freecom multimedia standard player and it was rubbish. It kept over heating as it had no fan and was pretty fussy about what xvid files it would play!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, no mention of MKV file support, though does mention TS. DTS gets downmixed to stereo. No mention of audio over HDMI either. Uses a Sigma chipset if that's any relevance, though doesn't have the same model number as the Sigma chipset used in PCH.

Datasheet PDF:
    http://www.freecom.com/objects/00012608.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

No mention of H.264 support either which is the usual format in MKV, therefore no HD.

Advertisement