Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOCKS 2009: What's coming up

Options
  • 24-01-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I havn't seen one of these this year, but last year there was a very active one where people would say what their teachers said what was coming up, or when they did the paper they said what was on it. To keep everything together maybe put it into this thread. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE AN ENITRE PAPER AS AN ATTACHMENT ONTO THE THREAD DUE TO COPYRIGHT REASONS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

my pres start next week so i'll put up all mine then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

hmmm where's my round ball gone to? What f**king subjects are you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

mocks next week so i'll put them up,

Although if your doing accountancy bet on manufacturing for Q1

i'm doing :

HL - english
    HL - biology
    HL - home ec
    HL - geography
    HL - religion

OL - maths
    OL - irish
    OL - french

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

DO NOT COPY AND PASTE AN ENITRE PAPER AS AN ATTACHMENT ONTO THE THREAD DUE TO COPYRIGHT REASONS.

It'll get deleted anyway because its essentially cheating.

laura! wrote: »
    i'm doing :
    HL - english
    1. I'd stop talking in text language on boards.
    2. Poetry - Concentrate on the two women (Bishop/Rich). Montague or Longley are near certainties too.

Fad wrote: »
    It's worse than that, it's cheating yourself.

Nope, it'll get deleted because it's copyrighted material.

K4t wrote: »
    1. I'd stop talking in text language on boards.
    2. Poetry - Concentrate on the two women (Bishop/Rich). Montague or Longley are near certainties too.

that isn't text language really. HL is even used on our books and when marking your subject level for the leaving cert so i doubt i would get out off for that

• Advertisement

laura! wrote: »
    that isn't text language really. HL is even used on our books and when marking your subject level for the leaving cert so i doubt i would get out off for that
    I don't care to be honest. It's just that teachers I know have seen good students use text language in exams because they were so accustomed to it.

K4t wrote: »
    It's worse than that, it's cheating yourself.

Indeed, also cheating in the mocks? I'd say you'll pass the LC........

]I don't care to be honest. It's just that teachers I know have seen good students use text language in exams because they were so accustomed to it.[/quote]

i'm an A grade student when it comes to english in school thank you very much so it won't be on my exam. on a computer it is just easier to shorten words, everyone knows that. so personally i'd prefer if you didn't try and correct me. i do know that the words are shortened... i don't need it highlighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Do you all know what company's doing your mocks then? Seems a bit stupid to tell students that.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

K4t, who told you Montague and Longley? They've come up a good few times already. I've been hearing Keats and Walcott, as well as Bishop. Keats hasn't been on since 2001, and Walcott's never come up.
    As for Irish essays, cúlú eacnamaíochta is supposed to be pretty much guaranteed.
    History document is supposed to be moon-landing. Although some people are saying the bus boycott because of Obama. It's not going to be Vietnam anyway.

Anyone got any ideas on what's coming up in RE?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You're wasting your time guys for three reasons:

1. you're doing yourself no favours

2. oh, yeah and this thread will be deleted:rolleyes:

3. and even if it wasn't, people will probably get confused between the companies and post the wrong hints!

Just study for the bloody thing, give yourself a proper trial run.

Twinkle these are the MOCKS, they have nothing to do with the State Exams Commission! Why are you trying to predict what a private company decides to put on a mock exam paper?????

K4t, who told you Montague and Longley? They've come up a good few times already. I've been hearing Keats and Walcott, as well as Bishop. Keats hasn't been on since 2001, and Walcott's never come up. An Irish poet always comes up. Mahon, Montague and Longley are the only Irish poets on the course and Mahon came up last year. :)
    History document is supposed to be moon-landing. Although some people are saying the bus boycott because of Obama. It's not going to be Vietnam anyway.
    It could be any of the three. The Moon Landing is the hardest/least interesting imo.

I heard algebra is coming up on both HL and FL Maths, but to really fúck with our heads, they're leaving it off OL.

Super secret, but Mechanics has a strong possibility of coming up on Physics, and because of that it cant come up in Applied Maths (Duh!).

In English, Macbeth will be one of the single texts.

In French, there will be two reading comprehensions.

In Irish, there's gonna be, count 'em, two papers (MINDFÚCK!).

In Biology, Section A is gonna be short questions.

Follow these tips and you'll be set!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I heard algebra is coming up on both HL and FL Maths, but to really fúck with our heads, they're leaving it off OL.

Super secret, but Mechanics has a strong possibility of coming up on Physics, and because of that it cant come up in Applied Maths (Duh!).

In English, Macbeth will be one of the single texts.

In French, there will be two reading comprehensions.

In Irish, there's gonna be, count 'em, two papers (MINDFÚCK!).

In Biology, Section A is gonna be short questions.

Follow these tips and you'll be set!

:D

dragonfly! wrote: »
    :D

A friend of a friend, is setting all the papers, mocks for all the companies (secret sub-bodies of the DOE) and the real papers.

I hear the Examcraft mocks are gonna be the EXACT papers the use in the leaving too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If you post up mock papers they will be deleted and you will be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement