Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La liga week 20

• 24-01-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday, 24 January 2009
    Barcelona v Numancia, 21:00
    Villarreal v Osasuna, 19:00
    Sunday, 25 January 2009
    Almeria v Athletic Bilbao, 16:00
    Getafe v Sporting Gijon, 16:00
    Malaga v Atletico Madrid, 16:00
    Mallorca v Valencia, 16:00
    Real Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna, 20:00
    Recreativo Huelva v Real Betis, 16:00
    Sevilla v Racing Santander, 18:00
    Valladolid v Espanyol, 16:00

Villarreal lineup:
    Diego López, Ángel, Cygan, Fuentes, Capdevila, Bruno, Senna, Cazorla, Pires, Rossi, Llorente

Osasuna lineup:
    Roberto, Azpilicueta, Josetxo, Miguel Flaño, Monreal, Vadocz, Nekounam, Plasil, Juanfran, Font, Pandiani

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

What's with Villarreal's defence? Godin/Rodriguez injured or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Goal.............

1 - 0

Rossi

My god I regret Fergie selling this guy.

EDIT:

Full-time: Villarreal 1 - 1 Osasuna

Villarreal drop points yet again. How fortunate have Real Madrid been as of late that all their nearest rivals keep dropping points and now Real have jumped from 6th to 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Why the F*** is this not on the telly?

Expect a poor game between Barca and Numancia as that entire region is having a major storm according to the news. I thought the game might even be cancelled.

redout wrote: »
    Goal.............

1 - 0

Rossi

My god I regret Fergie selling this guy.

You think he would have made it at Utd then? :S I don't. I think La Liga flatters him a bit. There's a buy-back clause there anyway if he wanted to bring him back.

I am watching in Madrid on la sexta so if you can find an online link to that then you should be sorted otherwise try here http://www.iraqgoals.com/en/ch3.html

Barca lineup:
    Valdés; Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Abidal; Touré, Xavi, Iniesta; Messi, Henry, Eto'o

Marquez is out for two weeks after picking up an injury during the Copa del Rey match at Espanyol during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Barcelona expected to annihilate Numancia, I suppose this means we get a scrappy 1-0 win.

Why are Barcelona wearing black armbands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Why are Barcelona wearing black armbands?

Watch the news. 4 children died when a sports hall roof collapsed in Barcelona during a storm.

Also didn't an ex-player pass away during the week? hence the minute silence...

Have Numancia to win this by 1-0.

Got 99/1 on betfair :P

• Advertisement

Lol lucky for Etoo that flag went up :p

Barca are doing an Arsenal on this one, completely overplaying it.

Messi not having a great game for once.

Barca gonna score??

they are 1/3 on betfair to win this game at the moment!

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Also didn't an ex-player pass away during the week? hence the minute silence...

Yes.

Barca lucky not to be one down here as Numancia had a perfectly good goal chalked off. Numancia are defending excellently. If Barca are to win this game, they will have to be very patient, much like Sevilla last week.

Glad I chose to go to last weeks game rather than this :p

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Barca gonna score??

they are 1/3 on betfair to win this game at the moment!
    It just didn't work for them in the first half.

I'd wait ten minutes into the second half to see are they up for this.

1-0, great from Alves

1-0 Messi. Alves did very well. Too easy for them though...

2-0 Etoo. Good goal.

Go Barca !

First goal was totally offside!

Barcelona will probably go on to rout Numancia, they have been lucky though.

• Advertisement

Excellent goal. 2-1.

Good free-kick, Valdes is crap though.

Henry! 3-1.

If Barcelona are a level above every other team in Spain, Messi is ten levels above any other Barcelona player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not the best goal you'll ever see Messi score.

4-1, Messi himself scores.

If Messi gets injured during the Champions League, Barca are seriously in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is Messi on course to beat Cronaldos goal tally? What did Cronaldo have this time last year?

Messi has already hammered him in the assists department anyway.

JPA wrote: »
    Is Messi on course to beat Cronaldos goal tally? What did Cronaldo have this time last year?

Messi has already hammered him in the assists department anyway.
    If he doesn't beat it, he'll be very close to it.

Off the bar from Barca, again.

Messi should have had his hat-trick. Although having said that, Henry and Etoo should have had hat-tricks as well.

Can't blame Numancia for being demoralised though, they had a perfectly good goal disallowed and the first Barca goal was offside.

• Advertisement

messi is a dream to watch, cant think of a footballer with a touch like him. He is similar to Best imo

Not the best goal you'll ever see Messi score.

Cannot all be 35 yard runs beating 5 players. It was a good goal.
    If Messi gets injured during the Champions League, Barca are seriously in trouble.

Barca are far from a one man team. Sure, it would be a massive blow, but with Henry and Eto'o in the form they are in, and Iniestas ability to play Messis position it would not be the end of the world.

Going mad Messi did not complete his hattrick tonight. He deserved it.

One problem i had with barcas display tonight was the over use of the sweeping ball to the right for the on rushing Alves. If I see it coming miles off everytime, every coach in Europe sees inand knows how to stop it.

15 points clear. How bad :D

gimmick wrote:
    Cannot all be 35 yard runs beating 5 players. It was a good goal.
    I think you're missing the sarcasm there.
    gimmick wrote:
    Barca are far from a one man team. Sure, it would be a massive blow, but with Henry and Eto'o in the form they are in, and Iniestas ability to play Messis position it would not be the end of the world.
    If Messi is injured, or he's not playing well, Barcelona tend to struggle. You saw that today, He wasn't at the races in the first half and Barcelona struggled. The second half was a completely different story.

As for Iniesta, he's a very good player, but to compare him to Messi is an insult to both players. Iniesta's skill is in his ability to pick out a cross or a pass. When Xavi decides to move on, or when his legs go, I imagine that Iniesta would be the player that would take over his role.

But Messi was not at the races at all last Saturday and Barca ran out 5-0 winners. Any team would miss him, thats obvious, but I think you reckon barca depend on him more than what they actually do.

Re Iniesta, he is versatile. he certainly can play the "Xavi role", but he can also play a more advanced role also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

For all the fuss about the disallowed goal, it should've been another 10-1 in the 2nd half alone

Sevilla trailing 0-1 at half time Vs Racing. Racing have been hampered by an outrageous red card mid way through the half.

Last heard, Valencia were losing 3-0 away to bottom side Mallorca

• Advertisement

More that if any one team in Europe could cope with Messi injured, it's Barcelona..93 goals all season now. Any team missing Messi starting regularly would be in trouble.

Eurosport have it that Valencia lost 3-1, Racing 0-2 up and Getafe won 5-1 against Gijon..

lolerskatez @ Luis Fabiano, never seen a player fluff so many chances in one match in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

The Segundo is unbelievably tight. 6 points separate the top 11.

So much inconsistency.

Real 1-0 up against Depor. Raul with the goal.

Total rubbish from Real, despite winning 1-0. Some great stuff still from Valeron though:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Valeron made nearly every forward that ever played with look amazing. I remember watching him in the Superdepor days and being in awe everytime he got the ball. A joy to watch.

I have just come back from tonights Real Madrid v Deportivo game. Easily the worst game I have been to in a while. Both sides were utter rubbish in my opinion.

Here is a few pics from game. The blurry one of Raul going to head the ball is actually the goal.

Here is a few more.

Nice one redout :)

Do you go to see them often then?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Redout just out of interest how much are tickets on average for the Madrid teams?

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Nice one redout :)

Do you go to see them often then?

I got to about about 8 - 12 games a season maybe depending on what tickets I can get but not all Real Madrid. A mix of Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Getafe as all three teams are within Madrid and its suburbs. This was my first match since the Getafe v Real Madrid game in november.
    Redout just out of interest how much are tickets on average for the Madrid teams?

My ticket for tonights game was €40 but I was up in the rafters. Ticket prices vary here depending on who the away team is. The bigger teams expect to pay much, much more. To sit pitchside tonight was €180 but for Barcelona that price is about €500. The prices here are a joke compared to the premiership in all honesty but they also very rarely ever sell out. There must have been several thousand empty seats in the Bernabeu tonight and that is a regular occurence.

Advertisement