Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry on Bent Miss Last Week

Options
  • 24-01-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Good Evening Lads, Iv had a week to mull over this in my mind and I want to air my opinion and see what the rest of you think. We all saw Harry slate Bent last week by saying he felt his missus would have scored that header, and the more I think about it, the more I feel it was bang out of order.

If ever a player needed a boost in confidence, It was Bent that needed it now, just as we hit a tough stage of the season and just as we might need a few goals from him. And the last thing we need is one of our strikers take a confidence bashing from the manager with such a personal insult or dig.

I dont think I have ever seen any of the top managers have such a dig at one of his own players just as they hit such a crucial stage of the season.

You may say its what Bent needed, but if it was , should it not have been done in the privacy of the training ground on a one to one basis and not in the public eye, and making Bent look such a tool.

Harry was wrong in this case for me, just like he was when playing Gomes when he was clearly not fit.

I hope to god like us all that Bent can score a few a shove it up Harrys arse, but if I was him, such an public outburst from my manager would always be playing on my mind,and it certainly would'nt endear me to him.

Harry so far has made some very strange decisions, I hope they prove to be right in the short term, but for some reason, he has a lot to prove to me to get my full backing and support, not that it means fcuk all to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Completely agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

harry was right in what he said but not when and where he said it. should have kept it for the dressing room.

that said bent is a pity and the sooner we get shut of him the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Agreed that it was the wrong time and wrong place, stupid to be honest.

Thats what the training ground is for.

Bit harsh on Bent if you ask me. Never once has he had a good run in our team. He scored a few goals at the start of the season and played a few games on the bounce, only to be axed again. How is he expected to build up consistency ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agreed that it was the wrong time and wrong place, stupid to be honest.

Thats what the training ground is for.

Bit harsh on Bent if you ask me. Never once has he had a good run in our team. He scored a few goals at the start of the season and played a few games on the bounce, only to be axed again. How is he expected to build up consistency ?

took my point here hatch. i was thinkin the same thing.
    harry can say he is not pussy footing around any players and blame as many players as he likes, in the end its them who will keep him in the job, if they go awol on the pitch, levy weilds the axe and harrys head rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Maybe Harry knows that Bent is on the way out so he couldn't give a **** what he said about him, and I'm sure most of us said worse things about him the second he missed that header.and as regards Gomes I'm not surprised harry played him in the league while injured after seeing what his replacements are like...

• Advertisement
Advertisement