Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALL Affliction Discussion **Contains Spoilers** Merged Threads -

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Arlovski is one of my favourite fighters. If he is on his game, he is a tremendous fighter.

Potentially, this could be Fedor's hardest fight ever. Arlovski has the game and the power to do serious damage. However you can't really look past Fedor's amazing record and he has to be favourite.

I think it'll be a super fight and I'd be picking Fedor to win, although I'd love Arlovski to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭hmmmmmm

Is there anyway of watching this on the telly or online?? I know Bravo were meant to show the first Affliction before the UFC told them that was a no no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

yeah there is ways to im going to pm a moderator now to find out if its allowed to talk about how.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭cagefan

Im hoping Arlovski wins..he has to be one of the most exciting heavyweight fighters and I think its better if Arlovski wins as its being rumored that a return to the UFC would be on the cards for a possible match with Lesnar. Tho it has to be said that Fedor is an animal in every aspect while arlovski really excels at striking so fedor has a lot more ways he can win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I wouldn't advise streaming, it's just not good enough quality for MMA.
    You'll miss so much.
    Just wait untill the next morning and download the torrent in HD.
    It'll be up within 4 hours of the show ending.

P.S: Fedor all the way.
    He'll control the first round, and finish it in the second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭7daze

I recently saw a promo on Bravo for this Affliction show - 25 Jan at 21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Just seen an ad for it,January 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

what time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

I've just wet myself with excitement! They did this the last time and pulled it soon after announcing so I hope it's for real. Never seen Fedor on a tv screen so this will be sweet. Arlovski's my fave fighter too.

solid card to!

PPV matches
    WAMMA Heavyweight Championship bout: Fedor Emelianenko (Champ)vs. Andrei Arlovski
    Heavyweight bout: Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
    Light Heavyweight bout: Renato Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou Middleweight bout: Matt Lindland vs. Vitor Belfort
    Lightweight bout: Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
    Heavyweight bout: Paul Buentello vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

HDNet matches
    Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    Welterweight bout: Jay Hieron vs. Jason High
    Featherweight bout: Bao Quach vs. LC Davis
    Featherweight bout: Albert Rios vs. Antonio Duarte
    Welterweight bout: Brett Cooper vs. Patrick Speight

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

If it happens :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Kettle316

Its being shown on the sunday night at 9 like bravo used to do with the ufc!!

Dis is absolutely amazing news though it'll be good to be able see the whole event from start to finish instead of watching the fights in any sort of random order!!

Im excited to see wat kind of show affliction put on aswell!!

I'm so suprised people aint swarming this thread! The greatest MMA Heavyweight of all time is fighting!

must be the GSP vs Penn fight captivating the forum!

live on Bravo WOOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Sm0ke wrote: »

live on Bravo WOOT!

Not live. The fights take place 3am on sat night/sun morning. So stay away from your pc until you watch it if you dont want to have it ruined.

Curious to see what type of show they put on. Like i've said before never seen Fedor fight so want to see what all the Hype is about.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'll just watch it live instead.. There's not the same atmosphere when you know you're watching a taped event.

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'll just watch it live instead.. There's not the same atmosphere when you know you're watching a taped event.
    yeah same.

also it will be the first time i get to watch Fedor live properly! (last time against silva i was drunk and asleep not even acknowledging my friends woots of joy!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dlofnep wrote: »

yes them adverts are necessary for piss breaks when watching live :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Solid card.

As incompetent as they are, I really hope Affliciton can pull it all together and make a profit at some point down the road. This is a card that should be on CBS or similar level stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Bao Quach was one of Chris Brennan's original students, one time ranked top 5 in Shooto. Great guy hope he kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Delighted to see Bravo showing this as well. From what I have seen & read about Fedor on the net the bloke looks like a beast. Those of you watching this live I take it your watchin it on the net? Have you a link for where it will be on?
    Long term if this is Afflictions final fight card like Dana White says it is I hope Fedor will join the UFC. Would love to see Fedor fight Broc, reckon Fedor would murder him!

• Advertisement

Countdown to Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andre Arlovski in HD:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8121/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

rovert wrote: »
    Countdown to Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andre Arlovski in HD:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8121/

now im psyched , my 2c worth fedor win's it quick or he loses / he gets a decision . f**k i cant call this lol

As much as i would love to see him there with some of the guys in UFC i hope he never dirties his feet in a ufc octagon, he has nothing to prove to them. And im not a huge fedor fan btw.

anyway as said in the video : "He's human , he is a human" ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

That promos got me psyched too. Pity the rest of their promotional activities have been so sh*tty. Word is their having major problems selling out the arena. This event looks like its going to be make or break for them..

That promos got me psyched too. Pity the rest of their promotional activities have been so sh*tty. Word is their having major problems selling out the arena. This event looks like its going to be make or break for them..

My theory is that Affliction is lost cause (shocking I know) and video I posted is Fedor's insurance policy as it seems to build him up more than the fight and the event combined. Fedor's people are very, very smart on how they postition him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kurt Cocaine

Can someone tell me where it's being shown live? I can watch it sunday but would love to see it live. Don't want to miss the 2 minutes it'll take Fedor to get through Andrei. Andrei sounded like a beaten man in the press conference. Even said thanks to affliction for letting him fight "the best fighter in the world" Looked like he was going to cry, and looked very sheepish (may be a tactic to fool Fedor). Oscar De La Hoya introduced Fedor, who looked ready to go!

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Try justin.tv or something. It is not being shown live on tv in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kurt Cocaine

Cheers Mossy. I'll check it out. If the streaming looks like it's going to be too jumpy I'll just wait til Sunday so I don't end up screaming at the computer.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

does any1 know what time the fight will be at? There seems to be conflicting reports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

7daze wrote: »
    I recently saw a promo on Bravo for this Affliction show - 25 Jan at 21:00

Nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Highnoon

I like Arlovski but hoping Fedor holds onto his 'mythic status' and kicks his ass. Then wait for Dana to start bashing fedor again. Eventually there'll be a fight against Lesnar and hopefully he'll kick his ass too. I know they say that everyone loses eventually if they keep fighting top opposition but Fedor seems like a good guy (humble etc) and I'd like to see him retire with a perfect record haviong fought all the top guys. Bit like Marciano.

Advertisement