Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet rat? chipmunk breeders?

• 25-01-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of getting pet rats for around march, so looking for a breeder preferably, if anyone can help, also does anyone know if pet chipmunks can be sourced in Ireland? Thanks

Oh breeders around Dublin would be great! cheers!:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Don't know about breeders but Equipet Drogheda have chipmunks, have seen them around other places too though, Ed Drew in Kilmacanouge also has or had them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shelligcorcaigh

hi

im not in bublin but i breed rats
    i have a litter at the moment that woul be ready for new homes mid feb

they are used to being handled
    i am selling them in pairs
    if you are interested pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Don't know where you're based, OP, but PetMania in Tralee has Chipmunks. Maybe they keep them in other franchises too?

Now, I know absolutely nothing about chipmunks so someone on here might be able to give more information about any downsides to buying the little guys from petshops rather than from breeders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 woodsey5

Perhaps coming to this one a little late, but we are reputable NFRS registered rattery in West Cork - though we do operate a waiting list system, and being added to that list is subject to application form :) We find this is the only way to be sure that our babies get the best homes possible.

www.irishrats.co.uk is our rattery site - also, you could try the Irish Rat Forum, as it's a mine of information for rat owners new and old, and a good way to meet other ratty people here, keep up to speed with rescues, meet ups and shows.

xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

A chain pet store mentioned on here shouldn't be supported in my opinion.

chipmunks require an aviary or a huge cage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marian_riordan

Hi I've been thinking of getting some rats and I would much rather buy from a breeder just looking for some details really if you could get back to me that'd be fantastic :)

Advertisement