Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps3 yellow light of death

Options
  • 25-01-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

was playing my ps3 tonight and it just switched off all of a suddan its 2 years old in march will sony replace it

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The normal warranty is only one year . . . do you have an extended warranty?

Never heard of the "Yello Light Of Death" myself, is it common?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mufc2009

ye i think its common with the 60gb version heard a lot of storys ,no extended warenty, sure ill give sony a ring hopefully they replace it still have proof of purchase from shop were i bought it but dont think they will do anything

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

From a search, it seems to be from two main causes - either overheating, or HDD failure (or HDD not connected properly)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080423145210AA8YRrS

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Al electronics have a 2 year warrantee despite what the manufacturers say. Get on to Sony asap and try and get it sorted out and do a bit of research on the warrantee/gaurantee law in case you have to quote. Usually there aren't any problems though.

Advertisement