Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a business in the UK while living in Ireland

Options
  • 25-01-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm thinking of opening a business based in the UK, is this straightforward to do while being a resident of Ireland?

Would I just pay all taxes etc in the UK and not have to worry about anything here?

If I paid myself a salary from this company would I have to declare it as earnings here?

Finally what is the deal with UK companies that also have Irish websites.

For example, beds.ie is a UK based seller of beds, yet they have an .ie domain name. Do they have to register as a company here to do so or could you have an .ie address while still doing all your business in the UK?

Any advice on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

This seems more a taxation issue rather than an entrepreneurial one. Maybe the accountancy forum could help more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks for that, will try there so.

Advertisement