Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite smell

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Freshly cut wood is a great answer. Theres something comforting about that, and its not one you get very often.

+1 on fresh tarmac too. Its repulsive when it first hits you but you settle into it when you realise what it is and that its not coming from some terrible, costly fault in your engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

CL32 wrote: »
    Freshly cut wood is a great answer. Theres something comforting about that, and its not one you get very often.

+1 on fresh tarmac too. Its repulsive when it first hits you but you settle into it when you realise what it is and that its not coming from some terrible, costly fault in your engine.

better start to treasure that smell... can't see much fresh tarmac being laid in the future..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I know it has nothing to do with smell but does anyone remember, when Ireland had sun and heatwaves and the tar in middle of road would melt and u could walk with no shoes on and stick ur toes in it :o

CamperMan wrote: »
    my sides are aching laughing at this one

CamperMan, I swear to god I wish I could tell you the full story in a pub sometime. I couldn't stop laughing typing that post. The best thing was it happened on a green not far from my house and there was a couple and their young son walking towards us along a very long straight path and saw the whole sorry ten minute spectacle. I can only imagine what they thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Back in the early 90's there were some girls who wore some sort of body spray, deoderant or perfume or something.
    I can't describe it, but it gave me a horn any time I was near them.

It wasn't the usual smell. This was different. It was...I don't know how to describe it.
    This was designed to turn men on and it worked a charm.

• Advertisement

julep wrote: »
    Back in the early 90's there were some girls who wore some sort of body spray, deoderant or perfume or something.

See yep thats what i a talking about.The most sexiest smell although not last part i dont get that :D

shqipshume wrote: »
    I know it has nothing to do with smell but does anyone remember, when Ireland had sun and heatwaves and the tar in middle of road would melt and u could walk with no shoes on and stick ur toes in it :o

That was deadly because you didn't need a lollipop stick to scrape up the chewing gum off the road either. Its amazing how neglect seems to revitalise mint flavourings.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The chipper, or McDonalds chips, the two most delicious smells in the world.

Mrs. CL32's perfume is nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hannah-j

mmmmm

petrol...tippex...nd that french bread brioche

yum

o and wood shavings

and no im not a drug addict!!!

x:o

NO!! all I can remember is wind, rain, snow, frost, fog, grey skies

• Advertisement

CL32 wrote: »
    That was deadly because you didn't need a lollipop stick to scrape up the chewing gum off the road either. Its amazing how neglect seems to revitalise mint flavourings.

hahahahahahahahhhahahahahahoh my god i am crying laughing here lol :D
    and ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww at same time almost barfed haha:D
    i knew someone who did that :eek:

Nice one, it must have been some powerful stuff. Remember that crap Lynx used to sell us? Its a wonder any of us ever got laid.

Thinking about girls in the early 90s gave me a semi so maybe it had more to do with the xworx jeans?

CamperMan wrote: »
    NO!! all I can remember is wind, rain, snow, frost, fog, grey skies

awwwww no way well trust me we had it 1993 and 1997 was two i remember aswell as my baby years :o fricken Ireland used to have long hot summers oh how i miss them :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hahaha damn why u have to turn something so nice into a bean post :mad::D

Not joking have u got a gf ? have u ever just smelled her skin if u haven't u should will stay in ur senses always even when you just think about her then you will get that smell.How ever you have to love her passionately :o

oh mmmmmmmmmmm what a sexy man he is :o

That is one of the keys to thru sexual appeal
    Yes I have a girlfriend, we've being living together for 10 years now. My post was in keeping with the crazy crazy big bad world forum that is after hours. Your skin fetish will pass, don't worry:)

Can I ask, in return for my honesty that you please stop using txt spk when you post here, it really is painful to read. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Smell of petrol and freshly cut grass is lovely.

Those two and fresh bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Had anybody said it yet(too lazy to check)

Yer MA!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Berty wrote: »
    Had anybody said it yet(too lazy to check)

Yer MA!!!
    No because there was no need for anyone to say it.

SteveC wrote: »
    Yes I have a girlfriend, we've being living together for 10 years now. My post was in keeping with the crazy crazy big bad world forum that is after hours. Your skin fetish will pass, don't worry:)

Can I ask, in return for my honesty that you please stop using txt spk when you post here, it really is painful to read. Cheers.

Hahaha no it wont i will keep doing it and loving it :o;)

I am really sorry i am trying to break that habbit :o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

No because there was no need for anyone to say it.

What?

Whats your favourite smell?

Your Ma......................as in your ma's vurgina. :D

How more fitting could that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It wasn't the usual smell. This was different. It was...I don't know how to describe it.

Men can't help acting on Impulse?

• Advertisement

sdonn_1 wrote: »
    The chipper, or McDonalds chips, the two most delicious smells in the world.

Mrs. CL32's perfume is nice too.

Yeah its not bad. I'm glad you didn't say 'yore ma' though cos I don't know what muck she wears but god bless my da.

Chipper maybe but McD's nah. There is something special about Kebab shops to me though. (Once the prevaling aroma is of lamb fat and not the bleach they are using to cover up some puke with spagetti in it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Men can't help acting on Impulse?

It was the Lynx effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Hugo Boss,simple as.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

donmeister wrote: »
    Hugo Boss,simple as.
    You like the smell of another guy? That's loike so gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It was the Lynx effect.

Impulsive of you Shawn Dirty Fabric, Impulse was directed at men.
    Think, thats the one ,Terry julep is talking about.

Bit of a dirty one I just thought of. Maybe its just me. I hope not.

Remember when you were younger and for some reason a girl would decide that she'd lower herself to riding you? when you peeled yourself off your mates couch and went to the jacks the next morning, there was this faint, unique aroma of latex and sweat. Not pleasant but a cornerstone of life all the same.

I also like to smell the unread pages of the Irish Vintage Scene magazine, reminds me of when I used to collect the glossy car brochures as a kid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think it might have been OÉ. Did the ad feature kinda tribal, Amazonian chicks?

Actually it might have been Exclamation! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5xxVTeLJs
    awwwww no way well trust me we had it 1993 and 1997 was two i remember aswell as my baby years :o fricken Ireland used to have long hot summers oh how i miss them :(
    No it didn't. That's called seeing things through rose-tinted specs. Heatwaves in Ireland in the past 33 years: 76, 77, 83, 84, 89, 95, 06.
    93 and 97 probably had a few hot days each - they weren't long, hot summers though. Definitely not.

Dudess wrote: »
    I think it might have been OÉ. Did the ad feature kinda tribal, Amazonian chicks?

Actually it might have been Exclamation! http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=7I5xxVTeLJs

No it didn't. That's called seeing things through rose-tinted specs. Heatwaves in Ireland in the past 33 years: 76, 77, 83, 84, 89, 95, 06.
    93 and 97 probably had a few hot days each - they weren't long, hot summers though. Definitely not.

hey it was heat to me hehe i dont care i call them heat waves cause what are they now freeze waves rain waves nothing else:D
    yeah i know at least we used to have them :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭sneakerfreak

girls bums

Advertisement