Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl Beers?

• 25-01-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I was in the states over the xmas and spent most nights watching nfl games and the atmosphere in the bars was great. Just wondering what's a good place to watch the superbowl in Dublin? Thought it might be a good excuse to have a boards Superbowl beers thing if there was enough interest. Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

pretty sure the Woolshed on Parnell Street is the place to be on Superbowl night...they're staying open for the whole thing although they do have to stop serving at 2.30am.....i know thats where me and my friends are going anyways :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Sweet thanks. What time is it starting at here?

EDIT: Just read BBC start coverage at 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

We will definately be in the woolshed; about 5 of us going in it was great in there last year

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Fox1978

I used to go to Captain Americas but will try Woolshed this year. Great that it's serving until 2:30, wasn't sure. Is there a cover charge do you know? Oh and anyone who's been there before, can you advise what time you need to get there to get a seat?

Fox1978 wrote: »
    I used to go to Captain Americas but will try Woolshed this year. Great that it's serving until 2:30, wasn't sure. Is there a cover charge do you know? Oh and anyone who's been there before, can you advise what time you need to get there to get a seat?

no cover charge as far as i know...although im sure their website can answer those kinda questions for you.

ive never been so i dont know what time to be there for. coverage of the game starts at 10pm on Sky Sports i think and 11pm on BBC so im hoping to get in for about 9pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Woolshed for me aswell.
    No idea what time we're planning on heading in for yet. Probably around 9 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Woolshed for me too. Last year there was amazing. Hopefully the game will be as exciting as last years too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Think the Woolshed might be charging a nominal fee in after a certain time, not sure of either but thats what I has heard.

Myself and most if not all of the Dublin Rhinos will be in the Woolshed too... i'll be the Vikings nut with the vikings tattoo, you cant miss me.

Great, thanks guys. This should be an awesome night. Guess I'll cheer for the Cardinals, being the underdogs. Hey, here's a question. Do people wear their team's NFL shirts watching the games or would you look daft if it wasn't a Cardinals or Steelers shirt (i.e. would wearing your Bears, Patriots, Dolphins shirt be seen as weird or is it all good?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's all good. With the new licensing laws I'd check out what time they're serving til though.

• Advertisement

Wear your teams colours; Everyone will be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 lpool1

woolshed here i come!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

kev_s88 wrote: »
    they do have to stop serving at 2.30am

New licencing laws mean they have to stop serving alcohol at 1 am on a Sunday night.

I just checked the Woolshed website. Says the following

"Superbowl
    Coverage from 10pm
    Full Game Shown
    Food served ‘til late
    €5 after 9.00pm"

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what the dealio is with drink shut-off time and post it here.

So Woolshed don't seem to answer the phone. I left a message but doubt they'll phone back. I guess we just order several pitchers at last orders if they close the bar early so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

See you there Boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

The Rhinos should be having a raffle on the night for 2x Steelers jerseys if anybody is interested, winner will be picked at half time. We tried to get 1 of each but nobody supports the Cardinals so couldn't get one in time :D

Oh I'll be supporting the Cardinals alright :D I'm very pro-haircut so that Polamalu fella gets the :mad: from me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Vikings wrote: »
    The Rhinos should be having a raffle on the night for 2x Steelers jerseys if anybody is interested, winner will be picked at half time. We tried to get 1 of each but nobody supports the Cardinals so couldn't get one in time :D
    Could have asked me for mine. I've a Cardinals hoodie too. Think wearing both might be a bit much so hoodie for training on Sunday, jersey for the match :D
    Oh I'll be supporting the Cardinals alright :D I'm very pro-haircut so that Polamalu fella gets the :mad: from me ;)
    So what about Larry Fitz and Darnell dockett :P

Ha ha, yes, too true brother! :D

• Advertisement

well my superbowl has been ruined by losing my ID on Monday night.....totally kills me but im not gonna be making it to the Woolshed anymore unless some miraculous recovery of passport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Sumire

So Woolshed don't seem to answer the phone. I left a message but doubt they'll phone back. I guess we just order several pitchers at last orders if they close the bar early so :P

I wouldn't want to suggest there was anything untoward going on..... but I was there for the play-offs and, eh, the licensing laws didn't seem to be too much of an issue.... might be a different story for a full house for the superbowl though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Sumire wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to suggest there was anything untoward going on..... but I was there for the play-offs and, eh, the licensing laws didn't seem to be too much of an issue.... might be a different story for a full house for the superbowl though

Lock in as they do every year. And they will probably stop serving after awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So Woolshed will def show it all then?!?!?!

And will the Woolshed be strictish on dress code?...obviously jerseys will be allowed!

Anyone know wat the story with Q-Bar is?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Portebello will be showing the full thing game with drinks served late no doubt for those on that side of the city.

my friend phoned the Woolshed yesterday and was told that they're staying open for the whole night and that the bar is staying open the whole time....i can only presume they have some way around it given that legally the bar should be closed by 1am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

kev_s88 wrote: »
    my friend phoned the Woolshed yesterday and was told that they're staying open for the whole night and that the bar is staying open the whole time....i can only presume they have some way around it given that legally the bar should be closed by 1am

or the 3k fine is nothing to them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I'm sure they'd take the hit if there going to clen up tonight!

Licence for them is 2.30; Standard 7 day late night licence; It's handy for them to have if any events happen late at night

See you all there leaving in a few mins must start drinking slowly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Vikings wrote: »

I didn't win

FIX! :pac:

Advertisement