Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options
  • 25-01-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭

Here is a thread for discussion of your mocks.
    This is the only thread for this topic. Other threads may be merged, or possibly deleted/closed.

Here are the rules:

NO POSTING OF MOCK PAPERS. They will be deleted, you will be banned.
    No slyly going "PM me for x paper". This will not be tolerated either.

Anything that refers to specific material on the papers must be behind spoiler tags. This is what a spoiler tag looks like;
    Spoiler spoiler!
    Find the button to the top right of the box you type your post into. A lack of necessary spoiler tags will, best case scenario, involve me editing your post to include them. Otherwise I'll just delete it.

A bit of clarification on what does and doesn't need to be in spoiler tags:
    "English was dire, I ran out of time. My comparative was so rushed." = This is fine. You're not giving away any information about the specific content of the paper. No spoilers needed, post away!
    "English was dire, I had no idea what to say for Kingship in Macbeth." = This is not fine. Spoilers please.

And a quick reminder of the charter: txt speak is not a valid form of communication on this forum. Please try to use your entire keyboard, for the sake of everyone.

Good luck, have fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Im ridiculously stressed about the mocks. I know that Im not going to do well in them and Im really worried that my parents will freak out :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I can't believe
    BUUURRRNNN
    came up in french.
    I was so surprised! Wished I had of studied it and I would have got an A! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Good idea to lump everything into the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

aww dont allow info in spoilers... most of us have no will power when it comes to these things, and it doesnt help anyone anyways :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭pickles_17

what does a spoiler do????

• Advertisement

pickles_17 wrote: »
    what does a spoiler do????
    It blocks information by placing a layer over it.
    To see it you just hightlight it with your mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Are pre papers loosely based on what's predicted to come up in the actual paper June? Or are they picked at random?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Dubs wrote: »
    aww dont allow info in spoilers... most of us have no will power when it comes to these things, and it doesnt help anyone anyways :(

It's entirely your own decision whether you look at it or not you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Sure there are different companies that do mock papers, so the info behind the spoiler is not going to be relavent to most people. Sorry but your gonna have to study! :P
    As for me? I'm soooo freaking out! Ahhhh, I know I'm not gonna fail anything, but still wana do well to let it help with the points calculation.
    Is anyone here doing music practical mocks? Cos our teacher for some reason decided we won't yet that's going towards 50% of my real exam! How stupid!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

-ME- wrote: »
    Are pre papers loosely based on what's predicted to come up in the actual paper June? Or are they picked at random?

They are nothing to do with the actual papers or the State Examinations Commission. They are set by a commercial company to make money and they make those companies lots of money. They are not set by people who have anything to do with setting the actual papers as those who are involved in setting the actual papers are not allowed do any work for 'mock' companies.

If the mocks occasionally hit on a topic that is asked in June, it is entirely coincidental. That said, a well-set mock paper can be very useful, but please do not base any 'predictions' on what is in the mocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

*adele* wrote: »
    Im ridiculously stressed about the mocks. I know that Im not going to do well in them and Im really worried that my parents will freak out :|

Dont get stressed about them seriously the biggest mistake you can do is peak for the mocks and fall flat out then come June, use as a exercises for time keeping and getting a feel of the papers. You will never have another opportunity to sit the papers to get a feel of them. Just do your best, the mocks arent about predicting what you'll get for your LC they are there to toughen your skin, give you that mental edge come June. Believe me the experience you ll gain from that is priceless. Once again just do your best there is no dotted line on them which says you must get x so points its all a learning exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

Last year the mod's deleted all mock paper info...not just the copyrighted stuff.
    Proper order!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Great idea PFM.

I'd really advise anyone not to cheat like this for the mocks, you're literally just fooling yourself!
    It's definitely definitely really tempting. Before French, which was my last mock exam last year, I tried to find out what was coming up. I didn't... and I'm glad of that.
    I definitely shan't be cheating this year! Tempting as it is for like... English Paper 2. (Because I'm doing the whole course in a year. Ewww)

Last year my friend found out what was coming up on the entire Irish Paper. She learned off an essay on the Olympics and nothing else, and we got the other company's mock.
    She got 0 in the essay. So that can indeed happen too y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh lord... They're so close!

Must get back to these maths papers... yes...

I can feel myself hopelessly googling "all the answers to Phasers' mocks" the night before they begin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Just want to wish you all good luck in the mocks.:) :)

Can't comment highly enough on this forum and how much it helped during my Mocks and Leaving last year. You'll all be fine and dont stress too much. You wont learn anything that way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd recommend against looking at what's coming up in the papers. Basically the Mocks are your only chance to get to experience a proper LC atmosphere before you have to do it for real, so if you ruin it by walking in already knowing what's on the paper, you're not doing yourself any favours. My art history teacher basically told us exactly what was coming up in our paper, so I got 100%, utterly pointless. My real Art History exam was rather different!

But yeah, up to yourselves. If you think you'll be tempted to look at spoilers, just avoid this thread entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

don't cheat in the mocks kids =p

i told evverrryone what was coming up and it kinda caused an epidemic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stressedshaz

has any one any ideas whats on the mocks?:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

i do but i really can't tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Why bother allowing a thread on the mocks at all?

If people want to discuss mocks then make them do it via pm and keep it out of the main forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Ugggghhh im doing my mocks right now, had English I and Accounting. I should really be studying but féck it, i need a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

God yours are really early! Mine start next week.. Fun fun fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Blue_Rose wrote: »
    God yours are really early! Mine start next week.. Fun fun fun!

Earliest in the whole country, done especially so no-one is able to cheat. They better be expecting a bit of a drop on the average score this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

K4t wrote: »
    Why bother allowing a thread on the mocks at all?

If people want to discuss mocks then make them do it via pm and keep it out of the main forum.
    Why shouldn't be people be able to discuss the mocks on the Leaving Cert board? Is it not, you know, directly related and a pretty relevant topic FOR discussion on this board?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dose anyone rekon bishop will come up in paper two??

yeah, a woman comes up every year... I'd reccomend her and Longley.

but, A definate is to study Adrienne Rich and Liz Bishop... a woman comes up every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClUeLeSs-Xo

heya, any chance sum1 cud tell me whats comin up on Honours Irish homec or biology?! pleasssssssssssssssssssssssse!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

heya, any chance sum1 cud tell me whats comin up on Honours Irish homec or biology?! pleasssssssssssssssssssssssse!:D
    And so it begins. :pac:

Hiiiii!!!!!!

I just had biology!!!!!!!!!!! [spoilrt]Variation and evolution; and genetic engineering (ch. 18, 19) came up!!! And, am... The skeleton and muscles, sexual reproduction in flowering plants; and vegetative propagation!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

Study them and you'll be set!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bother studying anything else. Just do that and you'll get your A!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Gah, I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not (ok you almost deifnitely are) but Im spoilering this anyway.- Piste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Just to let you know the EXAMCRAFT papers have a logo of a correction tick and i think they may also have a barcode. The DEB papers, have no logo on the front page. This will help people to know what paper they are doing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement