Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Swizz wrote: »
    Please explain? what one is it? and what is the deception question?
    Sorry for all the q's but im confused :confused:
    Cheers

oh sorry the second one is right because i copied that all from the papers and the macbeth question was
    exploring the theme of deception

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    what was on your history paper?
    could ya tell me which topics you're doing and then ill put them up because itd take forever to do them otherwise
    GVNDNN wrote: »
    I can't remember what paper i did,
    But
    janet jackson
    was in the second text too and pictures of a beauty queen etc...
    Is that the paper 2 for that 1?

no
    janet jackson
    but there was the picture of
    jon benet ramsey with other pictures of childhoos

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

cat_<3 wrote: »
    maths paper 1 any hints :D:D

If it's the same OL one as I had don't come in

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

Anybody done german ol deb yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cat_<3

anyone have pass biology yet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 cat_<3

If it's the same OL one as I had don't come in
    haha omg it was so hard:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

could ya tell me which topics you're doing and then ill put them up because itd take forever to do them otherwise

emm sovereignity and partition,northern ireland politics and dictatorship and democracy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emma8P

iMy mocks are starting this week and i dont know where to start....im so stressed out........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭happyfeet22

anyone know the questions that came up on OL irish paper 2?

My paper one had
    Des Bishop

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

omg abso kacking the mocks.... mine start after the mid term so it's not TOO bad but then like we've got 2 weeks after them and then it's our orals! Really not giving us too much time now is it!

• Advertisement

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    emm sovereignity and partition,northern ireland politics and dictatorship and democracy!

right i did the examcraft papers

doccument question was the
    montgomery bus boycott
    not too bad and the contextual question was
    what improvements did it lead to for the black community

Topic 3.the pursuit of sovereignity and the impact of partition 1912-1949
    1.What were the circumstances that brought about the decline of the home rule party and the rise of sinn fein during the years 1914 to 1918
    2.How did successive irish governments deal with economic difficulties during the years 1922-1939
    3.What types of difficiulties did belfast face during ww2 and how sucessfully were they dealt with
    4.to what extent did the catholic church influence the promotion of cultural identity in ireland during the years 1920-1949

Topic 5:Politics and society in Northern Irealand 1949-1993
    1.What was the sunningdale agreement 1973-1974 and why did it collapse
    2.What role did conn and patricia McCluckey and Bernadette Devlin play in the civil rights movement?
    3.To what extent did the "troubles" damage the economy of Northern Ireland 1949-1993
    4.What role did the apprentice boys play in the cultural life of northern ireland

Topic 3.Dictatorship and democracy
    1.why did stalin conduct a series of show trials and what was their impact
    2.What were the causes of ww2
    3.What were the causes and impact of Hitlers policy of anti-semetism during the years 1933-1945
    4.To what extent was the relationship between the churches and the facist states in germany and italy often strained

hope this helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 wowiee

I did HL maths paper one last week bt think i might have misread a question nd kinda worried now. It was a deb paper

Does anyone know if the intergration question was to find the volume of a
    cone
    or a
    sphere
    ?:confused::confused:

Thanks a mil....good luck in the rest of them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

wowiee wrote: »
    I did HL maths paper one last week bt think i might have misread a question nd kinda worried now. It was a deb paper

Does anyone know if the intergration question was to find the volume of a
    cone
    or a
    sphere
    ?:confused::confused:

Thanks a mil....good luck in the rest of them!!

I had the cone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

I've got the higher level geography exam this week and i'm really confused about whats on the paper..any predictions on whats coming up?

:confused:

Well, let me see... There'll definitely be something on physical geography, you know, rivers and waterfalls etc., so, know all of that. There's bound to be something on some region, too. It'll more than likely be a subcontinental or European region - perhaps even Ireland -, so, if you learn all of that you'll be grand. Now, depending on the elective you covered, I could bet that there'll be a question on it; the same goes for the option - I can tell you now, with all certianty, that a question relating to the option will come up. So basically, if you just actually study the course, you'll do fine.

Hope I helped (Yes, this comment contained a copious amount of sarcasm).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Soprano7

ahh here, we dont want to know how ****ing amazing or how.. unbelievably well you think you did in an exam, because thats not going get me inta college :eek: .. well either is looking for spoilers on here :pac: but oh well ;) i wana be allowed out every night of the midterm :eek:
    so anyway,quit the bull**** :mad: this is my social life were talking about :D

EVERYBODY is learning
    the recession for irish PR 1
    So it better come up :mad::mad:

oh yeah and in english
    longley and bishop
    came up, bt sure ya all know that :eek:

and... oh home ec. dear Lord. learn
    FISH, yoghurt,and unemp.
    they are the easiest ;):D u have do do
    the fish question
    cuz its q. 1:eek:

bt yeahh hope i was of some use.. got maths paper 2 2moro, ordinary level. spoilers PLEASE :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

right i did the examcraft papers

doccument question was the
    montgomery bus boycott
    not too bad and the contextual question was
    what improvements did it lead to for the black community

Topic 3.the pursuit of sovereignity and the impact of partition 1912-1949
    1.What were the circumstances that brought about the decline of the home rule party and the rise of sinn fein during the years 1914 to 1918
    2.How did successive irish governments deal with economic difficulties during the years 1922-1939
    3.What types of difficiulties did belfast face during ww2 and how sucessfully were they dealt with
    4.to what extent did the catholic church influence the promotion of cultural identity in ireland during the years 1920-1949

Topic 5:Politics and society in Northern Irealand 1949-1993
    1.What was the sunningdale agreement 1973-1974 and why did it collapse
    2.What role did conn and patricia McCluckey and Bernadette Devlin play in the civil rights movement?
    3.To what extent did the "troubles" damage the economy of Northern Ireland 1949-1993
    4.What role did the apprentice boys play in the cultural life of northern ireland

Topic 3.Dictatorship and democracy
    1.why did stalin conduct a series of show trials and what was their impact
    2.What were the causes of ww2
    3.What were the causes and impact of Hitlers policy of anti-semetism during the years 1933-1945
    4.To what extent was the relationship between the churches and the facist states in germany and italy often strained

hope this helps:)
    They are simple! Except for two of the Northern ireland ones.

I have all the Green Book essays off by heart that you mentioned (Sinn Fein and Economic Policies are a sure bet on any paper, LC included).

Chruch State relations in fascist regimes always comes up in the mocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 russelljames

K4t wrote: »
    They are simple! Except for two of the Northern ireland ones.

I have all the Green Book essays off by heart that you mentioned (Sinn Fein and Economic Policies are a sure bet on any paper, LC included).

Chruch State relations in fascist regimes always comes up in the mocks.

You wouldnt happen to have the Parnell-era questions from that paper??

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

English Paper 1 and Business tomorrow.

Screwed for business as we don't have the course properly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Maths II tomorrow. Screwed as I looked over 2 Circle questions this weekend, nothing more.

Weekends kill me. I just can't get down to it when I can arse around instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Maths II aswell tomorrow....

help anyone? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Anyone know what's coming up in Hons Accounting? DEB paper...
    I presume a Manufacturing account anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stressedshaz

biology please?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

Honours! I need help! The paper one that i got was the one with
    "volume of a sphere"
    so I think that means its DEB?? anyway , if anyone else got that paper one then could you pleaseee inform me about paper 2!?! :pac::pac:

MODEDIT: USE SPOILER TAGS IF YOU REFER TO SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

irish oral in 45 minutes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

French is over, and I completely failed. Our teacher had told us pretty much what was on it, only I didn't understand the questions really so I just spewed out any sentences I knew remotely relating to the topic. The listening and the comprehensions aren't too bad though.

Anyone done Business yet? I have it tomorrow, and I've heard it's a bit of an awkward paper :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My French paper wasn't a great paper, it was very unlike the real LC. The people on the tape spoke too fast and the puases weren't nearly long enough. On the written paper the comprehensions had very vague questions following them but the written pieces were straightforward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had english paper 2, was good. i like the paper, wasn't too happy with my choice on the prescribed poetry but all in all i think it went well.
    i really like the poem we had for the unseen poetry, was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Dante

Ordinary Irish paper 2 - Anyone got any ideas Poetry & Story wise?....My paper 1 had [spoilerDes Bishop[/spoiler] on it. Cheers XxX!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

Ordinary Irish paper 2 - Anyone got any ideas Poetry & Story wise?....My paper 1 had
    Des Bishop
    on it. Cheers XxX!
    answer to that question on previous page if ya bothered lookin!.... DEB history essay titles for NI politics,sovreignity and partition and dictatorship and democracy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement