Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

which history pre has the moon landing for the document? DEB or examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Soprano7

timmywex wrote: »
    Irish p2 higher
    A choice between an bhean og, coileach ghleann phadraig and fiche blian ag fas

Fiche blian ag fas question is about the behavious of young boys not changing from generation to generation

timmy u are offically a legend ;)
    thank youuu :rolleyes: xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I had
    bochtanas
    on my Irish HL P1.

Is that DEB?

I had
    bochtanas
    on my Irish HL P2.

Is that DEB?
    yep thats DEB

oh wait PR 2? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Soprano7 wrote: »
    yep thats DEB

Cheers...any chance you'd know whats on the P2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Had Maths II today. Thought it went ok considering I wasted my weekend, but most people seemed to find it very difficult. 3 of the part c's almost completely stumped me though.

cautioner wrote: »
    Had Maths II today. Thought it went ok considering I wasted my weekend, but most people seemed to find it very difficult. 3 of the part c's almost completely stumped me though.

i was clever and decided not to revise Trig :mad:

but Q1,2,&3 were alright i suppose.

i hate maths with a passion tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flyingpixie

Hey, were they DEB papers??
    If you would you please be able to help me out with Paper 2?
    I have biology (H) DEB if ya need it?
    Thanks (:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭naasface

So its safe to say Bishop on HL English is definitely coming up?
    pretty sure by reading this thread that she was on DEB and Examcraft.
    Im JUST studying Bishop so fingers crossed!!!
    Macbeth is a b***h to answer on. Least the poets are interesting/insightful..mb isn't really imo.

MODEDIT: Please use spoilers when referring to things which were in spoiler tags!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sleepypanda

ANYONE have the BIO lc HIGHER EXAMSCRAFT??please help exam tomo!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 checki-xx

does any1 have any idea whats coming up in DEBS spanish or business...Higher level???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had biology today, I ws only just about able to answer the right no. of questions as loads that we've never done before came up. Thank god I studied
    human reproduction
    on my own beforehand. There were some pretty nasty little questions thrown in there like
    name a disaccharide that isn't a reducing sugar and one that is
    and
    state two similarities between a vein and a lymph vessel
    so I really had to try and bullsh!t them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

The business exam was horrible today. Nothing awful came up as such, it was all the usual enough questions, but I don't think it's actually physically possible to write like an a4 page of comprehendible english in 4 minutes. It's just not! I'm a fast writer but I cannot do it. With the result that I have shorts questions, the ABQ, and maybe a question done in readable writing and the rest is a crazy rushed mess that's not even in order because I only chose the questions there wouldn't be an ounce of thinking on so that I could finish it. I didn't, I left out almost a full question and my last two parts of questions odn't have half the detail they should.

Arrrgghhhh. I hate when you know the stuff, you just don't have time to write it.

Biology tomorrow. My teacher has said it's a tough enough paper so it should be interesting.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ambergambler

nearly finished, only 2 left.. cannot WAIT until the midterm.
    Just out of chemistry.. not good!:rolleyes:

does anybody know whats coming up on the German higher Level DEB exam? :(

bad times bad times,seriously regret taking on german :confused::eek:

greatly appreciated, cheers :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I hate mocks! Theyre so hard and unrealistic! Great for shattering peoples confidence!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Anyone done the Religion exam yet?

Whats is like?

My teacher has given us the Science and Religion Q (I dunno which company or even if it is a company) because we havent done any of that section yet.

Not really looking for the questions tbh, just if theyre the really specific ones, or the kinda vague ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Had English I and Chemistry today.

I can never tell with English but Chemistry was a really nice exam, I fell at the experiments but I totally deserved to (still haven't even looked at half of them) and everything else was straightforward. Love the choice on the Chem paper, in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Had Irish 2 and Business today. Both HL

Im definitly not going to do well in any of them. :(

Oh dear...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Does anybody have any tips for OL Maths Paper I? It'd be much appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Does anybody have any tips for OL Maths Paper I? It'd be much appreciated! :D
    On my Paper (examcraft)
    The question 1 had percentage error and income tax where the after tax income had increased by such an amount, calculate the increase before tax. Exact same question almost in the exam papers not sure what year but the name in the exam papers is Colm if that helps
    An asymptote came up in question 6
    question 5-sequences and series, Part (c) is geometric series so make sure you know your formulae for that
    Question 7-differentiation was piss easy, just remember that dy/dx=speed and whatnot.
    Questions 2 & 3 are just very very simple algebra.
    I Thought it was an easy paper.

Bear in mind tho that this was the examcraft paper and you might get a different one.

Swizz wrote: »
    I hate mocks! Theyre so hard and unrealistic! Great for shattering peoples confidence!

they've all been incredibly easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Depends on the company used. Some of the exams are incredibly difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I had french today, DEB. I did crap. did grand on the comprehensions but I can't really make sentences for the written part :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I made a complete bo*****s of Maths Paper 1 (H), and I know I'll do the same with Paper 2 tomorrow. And Irish Paper 1 (H).

Other than that, fine. I'll be disappointed if I don't get at least a B in English (H). I think I aced that.

anybody doing spanish..help me with the opinion piece???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClUeLeSs-Xo

Omg please can sumone help with DEB business and DEB homec!..... also geography.....if yiz can help il b very grateful ;) xxx

Omg please can sumone help with DEB business and DEB homec!..... also geography.....if yiz can help il b very grateful ;) xxx

in DEB business Learn for the ABQ
    -enterprise characteristics and skills
    -management control
    -unfair dismisal
    and other q's know:
    breach and frustration of a contract
    debt equity ratio
    total quality management
    insurable interest
    indemnity
    inflation
    innovation
    long q's:
    equality athority
    letter to managing director about 4 characteristics to look out for when interviewing a candidate

thats all i can reli remember..hope that helps:rolleyes:...xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭lauratkd

That's not much help to anybody is it?! Sounds a bit condescending to be honest.

I don't get the point of looking for papers/hints in upcoming exams - if you haven't done the work, tough, deal with it!! Maybe a bad result will make you focus a bit better and get your ass in gear for June. Getting the paper beforehand and coming out with an A is a waste of everyone's time. Be honest with yourself and deal with the consequences of the (lack of) time you've spent studying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement