Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClUeLeSs-Xo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

lauratkd wrote: »
    I don't get the point of looking for papers/hints in upcoming exams - if you haven't done the work, tough, deal with it!! Maybe a bad result will make you focus a bit better and get your ass in gear for June. Getting the paper beforehand and coming out with an A is a waste of everyone's time. Be honest with yourself and deal with the consequences of the (lack of) time you've spent studying.

I'm fairly sure pretty much everybody knows they're not gonna be able to get a sneak preview of the real leaving cert and everyone will be getting their arse in gear regardless of the results they receive in the mocks. A few hints here and there aren't the end of the world.

People can study their brains out and still not be able to achieve the results they want due to the ridiculous amount of pressure placed on them due to these exams, a few tips can help ease the pressure somewhat. My exam timetable is horribly disorganized and all over the place, I'm expected to do a French mock oral and an Irish mock oral on the same day. Should everyone just be prepared to 'deal with the consequences' of stress and disorganization on the school's part?

Not everyone looking for tips on what's to come up is a waster who does no study whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

People can study their brains out and still not be able to achieve the results they want due to the ridiculous amount of pressure placed on them due to these exams, a few tips can help ease the pressure somewhat. .

Woah woah woah hold up here thats exactly what the mocks are NOT supposed to be! They shouldn't be a exam with tons of pressure attached to it as it accounts to 0% of your real exam. The mocks should be about pressuring yourself to get a grade it should be a tool to help you understand where you need to concentrate on. Seriously people you get one chance to sit a full paper under exam conditions before the real thing. That experience is invaluable and your only kidding yourself now by getting the answers.

Stev_o wrote: »
    Woah woah woah hold up here thats exactly what the mocks are NOT supposed to be! They shouldn't be a exam with tons of pressure attached to it as it accounts to 0% of your real exam. The mocks should be about pressuring yourself to get a grade it should be a tool to help you understand where you need to concentrate on. Seriously people you get one chance to sit a full paper under exam conditions before the real thing. That experience is invaluable and your only kidding yourself now by getting the answers.

I didn't specifically mean the mocks, I just meant the Leaving Cert in general. And knowing what questions are coming up isn't essentially "getting the answers" as such, people are still going to have to study the content of the question and get it down cold if they want to get full marks in it.

I think the amount of material people have to learn for different subjects is absolutely pointless if it's going to be condensed into the one question. If anything I think narrowing it down helps, saves alot of wasted time studying something that's not gonna come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

How many questions do you answer on biology???

i left my papers at school

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Had English paper 2 (DEB) today.

Single Text:
    Macbeth question: His actions disgust us but also arouses our sympathy.

Poetry:
    Bishop
    "Gives us an insight into her life and ordinary life" Write a personal response on it.

Longley
    "Longley's poetry is forgettable/memorable" Choose one and explain why.

Comparative:
    Cultural Context - authors portrayal of a cultural context had an impact on you as a reader.

A bunch of us were thinking of who might come up. There was a division among everyone. some wanted Longley, some wanted Bishop, some wanted Montague or even Rich!. People got pretty serious but the paper was nice in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

^That was a nice paper. Suited me down to the ground anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 checki-xx

I'm fairly sure pretty much everybody knows they're not gonna be able to get a sneak preview of the real leaving cert and everyone will be getting their arse in gear regardless of the results they receive in the mocks. A few hints here and there aren't the end of the world.

People can study their brains out and still not be able to achieve the results they want due to the ridiculous amount of pressure placed on them due to these exams, a few tips can help ease the pressure somewhat. My exam timetable is horribly disorganized and all over the place, I'm expected to do a French mock oral and an Irish mock oral on the same day. Should everyone just be prepared to 'deal with the consequences' of stress and disorganization on the school's part?

Not everyone looking for tips on what's to come up is a waster who does no study whatsoever.

i agree...its way to much to learn especially with all the courses not finished. i got soo stressed out abou the mocks it made it harder for me to study and when i was given a few points on what was goin to come up it helped me so much.it wasn necessarily cheating because i still had to learn the q! oviously we have 3 months to study for the real thing and i dont tink gettin help with the mocks is going to affect that studying in any way! just chillax:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had spanish today examcraft

the opinions were:
    los jóvenes de hoy tienen razones para ser optimistas

or
    los mayores no entienden las dificultades de ser joven en la sociedad moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Biology is finished! 9 down, one to go! Thank god!

Biology was fine. My teacher had said it was a really difficult paper, repeatedly, so I was expecting to fail. But it wasn't difficult so much as, odd. The questions were answerable for the most part, well apart from the short questions, where I sturggled to get 5 together.

The wasn't even a hint of
    photosynthesis, or respiration, apart from the alcohol fermentation experiment. There was no genetic crosses either. And there were many weird questions on plant bits and what they did/how they relate to one another and stuff.

My teacher is marking them himself, so I know he's going to mark it really easy, because he thinks its a bad paper.

Geography tomorrow, still a ridiculous amount to do for it.... Must leave Boards now, or else I'll be here 2 hours later :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Has anyone even done HL Geography and/or HL Physics?

Seems like everything on here is about Irish/English and the volume of a sphere..:D

If anyone has any tips on the HL Physics and HL Geography please feel free to share! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭happyfeet22

anyone know whats coming up on the deb religion mock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

DCG (DEB)
    Section A; Perspective, axonometric, circles in contact and focal sphere/ellipse

Section B; Interpenetration, Intersecting planes, oblique planes

Section C;

Q2 was hard enough tranlation of parabola. Part b was plane director and all that stuff, looks trickier than it is

Q3, didnt do it but twas a development and then a standard roof question deguised as a hoppe

Q4 Very easy road part and mining, oretty much the same as the sample paper, diff measurements and the like though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Had Chemistry today and it was the biggest pain in the arse ever. Sure, don't ask me anything I know well! :pac:

History tomorrow. I can't find my book on European history so I am absolutely fecked as all the notes I've done are pretty useless. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Attention anyone doing french!

I would greatly appreciate if you could tell me topics for essay and letters etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Does anyone know if crime is on paper 1 in higher level Irish. I had paper 2 today and this was one of the questions:
    Fiche blian ag fas question is about the behavious of young boys not changing from generation to generation
    and it had M.8 in the top right corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

had french aural today! the fecking cd keep skipping for one section :mad: plus I thought it was really hard anyway! did ****

I got my art history back today, I got 55%. I was actually happy cos I honestly thought I failed and my mother was like, that's ****! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Yggdrasill wrote: »
    Does anyone know if crime is on paper 1 in higher level Irish. I had paper 2 today and this was one of the questions:
    Fiche blian ag fas question is about the behavious of young boys not changing from generation to generation
    and it had M.8 in the top right corner.
    Yeh tis

How it is a serious problem for ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Soprano7

had french aural today! the fecking cd keep skipping for one section :mad: plus I thought it was really hard anyway! did ****

I got my art history back today, I got 55%. I was actually happy cos I honestly thought I failed and my mother was like, that's ****! :pac:

what were the q's on it? :D if u had DEB? cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Yggdrasill

Jammyc wrote: »
    Yeh tis

How it is a serious problem for ireland

Thank you kind sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

Why is everyone getting so worked up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Soprano7 wrote: »
    yeah u got the DEBS :D and on paper 2 the macbeth q, is
    macbeth is a deeply disturbing character whose actions disgust us but also arouse our sympathy
    or
    in the play macbeth shakspear brilliantly portrays a supernatural world over which no one has any control , write a response to statement

annnd comparative was..
    well vision and view point or cultural context

poetry was
    elizabeth bishop, john keats, longley or walcott
    =]

any other q's u got, i have the paper beside me ;)

What was the question for Walcott??anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

Can anyone gimme a hand??

Please lol!!

hes gonna make move down to pass if i dont pass tomorrow!!

i don't know which paper it is though!!

please help????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Soprano7

What was the question for Walcott??anyone?
    yep this is the DEB paper btw =]

derek walcott
    " it is easy to identify with the poetry of derek walcott" do u agree with this assessment of his poetry? write a response supporting.. etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

:D:DThanks Soprano7!

Also anyone no whats on the irish paper OL with the des bishop comprehension?

Does anybody know what's on OL Irish in general? Both papers tomorrow. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

Does anybody know what's on OL Irish in general? Both papers tomorrow. :pac:

i had the paper one with the tick on it

there was a
    letter on telling your friend you can't go to there party, there was another letter on applying for a job. the conversation was about how you wanna get a job when you finish the leaving and your parents want you to go to college. the oher conversation is you talking to your friend about a film you liked and they didn't. donno about the rest

one comp was on des bishop

P2 has bean og, cearr bhach, gealt, faoimseamh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Music could have gone better, possibly because I rarely bother my arse to study the set pieces. It's always hard to know how I've done in the composing Q but I don't think it was a disaster anyway.

Irish I was a bit of a stupid paper, comprehensions were really straightforward and the essay was nothing more or less than
    An cúlú eacnamaíochta agus na fadhbanna a ghabhann leis

Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I had that Irish Paper today, though I did the diospóireachet. I thought it was a really nice paper, the comprehensions were pretty easy and the essay titles were quite broad and easy to write on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

DEB Physics Higher Level - Easy peasy!
    Section A
    1. Relationship between Force applied to a trolley and its acceleration
    2. Snells Law
    3. Fundamental frequency and stretched string with tension
    4. relationship between I and P.D for a copper sulfate solution
    Section B
    Q5 = mixed as always
    Q6 Mostly on Newtons Laws, know why 1st law is a special case of the 2nd
    Q7 Constructive interference and coherent sources and a concave surfave
    Q8 EMF P.D resistors wheatstone bridge
    Q9 Magnetic field current carrying conductors ampere rectangular coil of wire(like in DC motor)
    Q10 options as always
    Q11 Xrays other stuff I didnt do so dunno what it is
    Q12 do 2 of the following a) S.H.M b)heat capacity c) lenzs law d) photoelectric effect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement