Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

flag123 wrote: »
    does anyone know whats coming up on geography HL and home ec HL???:)

what paper for home ec deb or examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Finical wrote: »
    Anybody know anything at all about accountancy(HL). I am totally frigged in it. :(

i am not sure which paper i sat...but
    60m

published a/c
    deprecation a/c
    tabular a/c

100m

services a/c
    incomplete records backwards method
    Q5 has aways been da same, but its the one about the debentures me thinks

80m
    cash budget came up

MODEDIT: USE SPOILER TAGS

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

strongr wrote: »
    what paper for home ec deb or examcraft?

emm I dont know but any of them dosnt matter just want a fair idea whats comeing up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

~Candy~ wrote: »
    60m

published a/c
    deprecation a/c
    tabular a/c

100m

services a/c

80m
    cash budget came up

Thanks a million! Since I don't really know how to do any except the
    tabular
    I better start trying to do some of them :D

MODEDIT: USE SPOILERS WHEN REFERRING TO QUESTIONS, DEAR LORD

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I come on here and find the only subject I'm well and truly fupped for, Biology, is very light on info. I know that
    effect of heat, H20 and O2 on germination
    is on mine because the teacher told us, anybody got any more info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

yup

Would you mind telling me whats on the home ec paper?plz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Could someone tell me the part (a) of the question on physical land formations (coast etc) of Examcraft HL please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

60m

published a/c
    deprecation a/c
    tabular a/c

100m

services a/c

80m
    cash budget came up

Please God let that be the same paper I get!! Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

phasers wrote: »
    I come on here and find the only subject I'm well and truly fupped for, Biology, is very light on info. I know that
    effect of heat, H20 and O2 on germination
    is on mine because the teacher told us, anybody got any more info?

Ok I know something to do with
    germination
    came up on our exam, but I didn't do that question so I don't know if that's the one you're talknig about, but anyway my Biology exam was examcraft and what came up was:
    Respiration, effect of light or co2 concentration on photosynthesis, test for reducing sugars and proteins (*PROTIP*: Know what is and what isn't a reducing sugar (maltose is, sucrose isn't), the heart came up- more specifically draw a detailed diagram with all the main blood vessels and the pacemaker. Gah my exam was only a week ago and I can't remember anything else >.< I'll post if it comes back to me!

Oh yeah, male reproductive system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Can anyone tell me what's coming up for Stair Na Gaeilge on the examcraft mock?

• Advertisement

I can only remember the ones I did which were
    An Fhiannaíocht and An Ghaeilge Sa Mheáin Cumarsáide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sco

so is der one DEB paper and one examcraft paper for Hl business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eamo1234

racism,traffic,europe,discipline in schools,role of father.
    there the ones i remember
    i think they were deb papers.

MODEDIT: SPOILERS PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Jam-Fly wrote: »
    DEB History, is the moon landing coming up or Rossa Parks?

DEB French, eh, any/all help appreciated :D

Help please..anything on French, you can't get too specific!

Anyone got info on the chemisty HL paper either company will do plz!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Any help on whats comeing up on Geog HL and Home Ec HL???

please need some info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Arggh o no i just came on to this post for a look and now iv ended up lookin at all the spoilers!! anything to keep me from study over midterm!! mine start next thursday...think were usually 1 of the latest in the country? iv got irish paper 2 and maths paper 2 on the first day...both higher level...so thats 3hrs 20mins irish, 2 and a half hours maths...eurggghhhh :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

Anyone have DEB history yet? topics 2 and 3 in Irish history and topic 3 in europe! any info on those would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

Hey folks!

Helpfuls the name and helping is the game. Someone asked early bout Hl business and the providers.

Generally there is two companies who do up the mock papers, Examcraft and the Dublin Examing board (DEB) and generally thats what you get, however I do know that some teachers will litterally get the two companies papers and make one paper out of them.

So my advice to you folks is take what is said here with a pinch of salt cause you might get stung! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mr.Helpful wrote: »
    Hey folks!

Helpfuls the name and helping is the game. Someone asked early bout Hl business and the providers.

Generally there is two companies who do up the mock papers, Examcraft and the Dublin Examing board (DEB) and generally thats what you get, however I do know that some teachers will litterally get the two companies papers and make one paper out of them.

So my advice to you folks is take what is said here with a pinch of salt cause you might get stung! :D

Im sure paying for the use of both paper is fun :) (Not saying its not done though)

• Advertisement

Anyone got info on the chemisty HL paper either company will do plz!!:D

My paper was Examcraft
    for experiments the iron tablet titration, tests for anions, tests for metals (sodium, potassium etc.) and preparation and testing of ethanol all came up. There were questions on the alpha particle yoke with the gold foil to demonstrate the existence of a nucleus, a calculation on heat of combustion of carbon and associated questions, a question on equilibrium, but thankfully no calculation with that!, a question about rates of reaction: define, explain why iron catalyses the formation of ammonia, describe an experiment to investigate temperature and concentration on rate of reaction. There was a question about electronegativity and ionisation energy. You had to draw a graph of sodium to chlorine (except it said sodium, atomic number 11 to Chlorine, atomic number 18. Chlorine is 17 so I just did to Chlorine and not the one after chlorine) and answer questions about the shape of the graph.

Can't remember much else but if you study all that you'd come out with a decent mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Anyone have DEB history yet? topics 2 and 3 in Irish history and topic 3 in europe! any info on those would be great!
    from what I've gathered, the 1913 Strike and Lock out is coming up. The other options in that section are vague/unlikely to have been studied for (like no Home Rule or Land or Unionism questions).

I think the moon landing is on DEB, and Rossa Parkes on ExamCraft, but I'd really like someone to confirm :)

MODEDIT: USE SPOILER TAGS FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

draaagon wrote: »
    my exam's tomorrow :(
    Mocks...during the mid term?? You poor poor soul..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

Would anyone be able to tell me the questions that came up for An Triail in the examcraft paper?!! :confused:

Stair na teanga in the examcraft one would also be good...!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hi, can someone tell me the stories and poems on the Irish Mock papers (DEB and Examcraft - in spoilers of course). Can't find them in the Mocks thread.

Thanks. :)

I can only remember what I did which was
    An Triail: Wrote about Máire;s mother and bean uí chinsealaigh and their role in the drama and connection to Máire. Stáir: An Ghaeilge sa mheáin chumarsáide and An Fhiannaíocht

Piste wrote: »
    My paper was Examcraft
    for experiments the iron tablet titration, tests for anions, tests for metals (sodium, potassium etc.) and preparation and testing of ethanol all came up. There were questions on the alpha particle yoke with the gold foil to demonstrate the existence of a nucleus, a calculation on heat of combustion of carbon and associated questions, a question on equilibrium, but thankfully no calculation with that!, a question about rates of reaction: define, explain why iron catalyses the formation of ammonia, describe an experiment to investigate temperature and concentration on rate of reaction. There was a question about electronegativity and ionisation energy. You had to draw a graph of sodium to chlorine (except it said sodium, atomic number 11 to Chlorine, atomic number 18. Chlorine is 17 so I just did to Chlorine and not the one after chlorine) and answer questions about the shape of the graph.
    Can't remember much else but if you study all that you'd come out with a decent mark.

Thanks anyone got deb's paper?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Also in Examcraft:
    An Triail, one q was on "is minic a bristear na rialacha" or something, the other gave a list of 5 or so characters, including Molly, Bn Ui Chinsealigh, Bn Ui Chathasaigh, Seanin an Mhothair... more?
    Stories - I did a character Q on Mairtin from Lig Sinn, there was one on An Bhean Og too, might have been relationships? Second one was on Cearrbhach, talk about two of aibheil, greann, draiocht, something else; can't remember the other Q.
    Filiocht, for the pass ones I did Bimse Buan and Faoiseamh a Gheobhadsa, there were other though, damn my memory... HL poems were Dá mb'fheidir or an chead drama (is meafar leanúnach é was the 20 marker)
    That's all I can remember right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

the essays on english paper 1 were so hard:(
    scrapped mine halfway through and started over! not a good idea... i know!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

We have DEBS paper and so far got English 1 and 2, Irish 1 and 2, Biology, Art history and life drawing done, :( so much left to do!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement