Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Hiiiii!!!!!!

I just had biology!!!!!!!!!!! Variation and evolution; and genetic engineering (ch. 18, 19) came up!!! And, am... The skeleton and muscles, sexual reproduction in flowering plants; and vegetative propagation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Study them and you'll be set!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bother studying anything else. Just do that and you'll get your A!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds as believable as Fine Gael coming to power and taking Ireland out of a recession this year!!...thats all I have to say on that matter! :rolleyes:

or how about the progressive democrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Hiiiii!!!!!!

I just had biology!!!!!!!!!!! Variation and evolution; and genetic engineering (ch. 18, 19) came up!!! And, am... The skeleton and muscles, sexual reproduction in flowering plants; and vegetative propagation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Study them and you'll be set!!!!!!!!!!! Don't bother studying anything else. Just do that and you'll get your A!!!!!!!!!!

omg thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was rly screewd :o

Wait, I don't even do Biology. Damn! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

heya, any chance sum1 cud tell me whats comin up on Honours Irish homec or biology?! pleasssssssssssssssssssssssse!:D

Ha ha, no. Seriously, no.
    Hiiiii!!!!!!

Oh my. K THX JAMMYD, LYK OMG IM SO SRTD NOW BBZ. xXxX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

wats the first exam?

• Advertisement

wats the first exam?

It's different in every school; but, typically, it's English.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

mines history
    blergh

Just did English paper 1 today.

Comprehensions were alright but my essay was utter ****. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

Davidius wrote: »
    Just did English paper 1 today.

Comprehensions were alright but my essay was utter ****. :pac:

'twas the other way round for me. Actually, now that I think about it... I did **** in both of them. :(

HUNK wrote: »
    'twas the other way round for me. Actually, now that I think about it... I did **** in both of them. :(
    Well of course you did, I have all the good genes. :pac:

Why are we conversing on intrawebs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Mine are starting next week, but we've already done our listening and stuff. Really happy because I'd been to Irish college in a place mentioned, and knew how to spell it- I'd have been f*cked otherwise!

Anyone else have two exams with loads of writing on the same day? My school tried to put both History and Religion on Thursday, but we got our teachers to change it THANK GOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

when is ur business or economic exam on ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

Im starting written papers monday, stress levels are about to hit the roof! Im pretty sure im gonna fail english, religion and classics.

want to crawl under my duvet and never come out again.. ahh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClUeLeSs-Xo

Cud sum1 PLEASE tell me wats cumin up on english paper 2 nd homec.... please!....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

^ No they couldn't.

A because different companies make different papers, and B because you should study.

Cud sum1 PLEASE tell me wats cumin up on english paper 2 nd homec.... please!....:(
    I'm not sure about Home Ec but I know all about English paper 2.

Let's see, there's a question
    on a single text, a comparative question, a question on an unseen poem and a question on a studied poet.
    GLAD TO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
    :pac:

Anyhow:
    I'm so very glad English is out of the way. I'd almost lost the will to live in the final half hour.

Maths on monday. This weekend will be filled with joyous study. But then again Irish is on Tuesday...but Irish isn't interesting...but I really need to go over it...but teh mathz0rz. Decisions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Our mocks start on Monday week, and our English teacher started giving us broad hints after I asked her not to. I was like what the ****? Won't say what it is though because I hate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Mine are starting monday week! This year its quite interesting though. We have English maths and irish on the first 4 days (spread as you would in the real thing). Then we have our midterm break(1 week of massive study!) Then back to school for another few days of our choice subjects.

Obviously im delighted as i can focus on Maths, Eng, Iri, then focus on the remainder over the break!

Needless to say im fairly stressed! So worried that i wont have enough time in English. Not too worried about irish really though, its OL so a few hours on Pros and Poetry should be all i need. Maths should be ok(I hope!) but then again, it all depends on the day!

Good Luck Everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Only have Maths and Irish paper 2,Business and Geography left.

The rest have been fairly easy although I have to do really well on maths paper 2 to make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

have mine starting on monday, english paper 1... should be ok (i hope)
    had my irish oral already, she said that went well anyway, i just need to work on tenses cos' i always talk in past tense... ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

Maths was hard :(
    English was grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Eeeek! Starting with Maths Paper 1 on Monday. It's all too close now.

My teacher said it's a 'fair' exam. She always says everything is easy, so 'fair' means difficult. Oh the joy, I can't wait :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

I'm not liking Geog+Business. The geography course is so long, it's sick. And you have the field report too. My teacher said if you cover 2006-2008 you'd be able to have a good stab at the mocks; but its meant to not be predictable hence why they changed the course. Any tips for studying and sitting Geog? Having to get all the SRPs is really sick, too.o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I'm not liking Geog+Business. The geography course is so long, it's sick. And you have the field report too. My teacher said if you cover 2006-2008 you'd be able to have a good stab at the mocks; but its meant to not be predictable hence why they changed the course. Any tips for studying and sitting Geog? Having to get all the SRPs is really sick, too.o

I like Geography. But I'm one of those people who can learn vast amounts of info and then spew it all back out again. And the field report allows you have up to 20% (I think) going in to the real exam, so I prefer it that way. Our teacher has told us pretty much everything on our Geog mock, which I didn't want him to do, because now, to do well, all I have to do is learn off the 4 questions or whatever, prefectly and write them out on the day. So it won't give me any indication on my chances in June, and so is now pretty pointless.

But I agree with you on Business. I loved Junior Cert Business, (and I really liked the accounting aspect but my school wouldn't run the class for 3 of us :(). Like I said, I can learn & reproduce, but with business, it seems like you could know every single word in the book, and still not be able to give them the answer they're looking for. I hate LC Business.

Yeah, but the field report is really just another question at the end of the day. It's not like you go into the exam with 20%, you still have to get 40% in the written exam to get 20% more to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

I'm wondering if the Economics mock is going to be overly topical?? anyone know?? i mean, is it just recession recession recession?

I think something on the banks will probably come up..I'll probably end up avoiding that question though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm wondering if the Economics mock is going to be overly topical?? anyone know?? i mean, is it just recession recession recession?
    Question 1: Draft a 20-page report on how to fix the world economy. (100 marks).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Irish, English Maths are before the mid term and the rest after.

Not so bad I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

I’m guessing that will come up is:

Theory for holding money, cannons of taxation, banking, different types of taxation, LCD, effect of a increase unemployment, imperfect competition and effect of balance of payments diffrent trypes of budget accounts....just study them you should ok

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement