Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Jus did my LCVP mock... biggest heap of ****e ever...sooooooooooooooo long and boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Tomorrow is my last day. Just Accounting and German left. Did Physics and Chemistry (both HL and the ones with the barcode in the top left hand corner) today and found Physics fairly tough. Chemistry..... well.... a story for another day.

Anyone got any info on Accounting HL from either company?? I'd be most grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

English Paper 1 was horrible, Paper 2 was grand. Studied 3 poets and the 3 came up.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

johnk123 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my last day. Just Accounting and German left. Did Physics and Chemistry (both HL and the ones with the barcode in the top left hand corner) today and found Physics fairly tough. Chemistry..... well.... a story for another day.

Anyone got any info on Accounting HL from either company?? I'd be most grateful!
    q1 manufacturing q2 tabs q3 published q4 deprecation q5 interpretation q6 incomplete q7service q8 job costing q9 cash budgeting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

cautioner wrote: »
    Got 76% in Maths, not bad for a complete and utter cram job :D

It's the one with the tick... Is that examcraft?
    Yeah, tis.

And fair play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

English Paper 1 Examcraft wasnt too bad, my composition wasnt great though.

Maths Paper 1 Examcraft again wasnt too bad, could have been worse, I'd say weaker OL students didnt do so well.

I've tried going back and looking for them, but cant find them, what essay titles are on for Irish? (Both companies please)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

Anyone do the Ordinary Level German paper or the Higher Bilogy. If someone could give me some detail on the long questions it would be brilliant. Biology more so than German

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

sheehy898 wrote: »
    q1 manufacturing q2 tabs q3 published q4 deprecation q5 interpretation q6 incomplete q7service q8 job costing q9 cash budgeting
    Thanks! Lets hope it all goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

howyaiz!... anyone know the theme for DEB english paper one! ;)xx
    paper 1 - Essays on:
    -speech to politicians about how you'd change Ireland
    -talk about importance of goal-setting
    -how you see yourself in the future
    and some others that I can't remember

section B of comprehension:
    Interview with a famous person
    Diary
    Newpaper article inspired by a picture

section A of comprehension:
    Kirsten Dunst
    Guy exploring Africa
    Pictures and writing piece about 'Changing Times'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

HL English paper 2. The company that doesn't have the tick (DEB?). Any tips?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    HL English paper 2. The company that doesn't have the tick (DEB?). Any tips?:)

Had that paper today, it was alright, yeah.

Basically..
    Macbeth:
    Macbeth is a deeply distubing character, but we still feel sympathetic towards him
    Comparative:
    General Vision and Viewpoint/ Cultural context. The CC question was about the impact of the CC on the reader. Pretty handy.
    Poetry:
    Bishop- we gain insight into both her own life and life in general. There was also Keats, Walcott & Longley.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

anyone have questions (everything if possible :)) on :

HL French (comprehensions please)
    HL Economics (absolutely everything)
    HL History (doing 1870-1914 and 1914-1949 in Irish books)

ASAP plz!!!

All DEB papers

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

Anybody no whats coming on up on french HL? both if possible but one will be very helpful??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Fad:
    Examcraft: (All I can remember, sorry)
    Cúlú Eacnamaíochta agus na fadhbanna a ghabhann leis.
    Ní raibh an Ghaeilge go deo chomh laidir is atá sí inniu.

Had English paper one today, was grand but Biology was terrible!! All really detailed questions on short and long!! Experiments were ok though!!

cautioner wrote: »
    Fad:
    Examcraft: (All I can remember, sorry)
    Cúlú Eacnamaíochta agus na fadhbanna a ghabhann leis.
    Ní raibh an Ghaeilge go deo chomh laidir is atá sí inniu.

Thanks much, any one any idea if the
    recession
    comes up on DEB too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Just had my first exams today! English paper 1 and Geography(both DEB). English was lovely bar one or two weird comprehension questions
    attitude towards Africa, wtf?
    . Geography was fair, I was just completely unprepared! Reckon I got a high C/low B if I'm lucky(okay, very lucky :p).

Fad wrote: »
    Thanks much, any one any idea if the
    recession
    comes up on DEB too?
    No it bloody well doesnt!!

Made an arse of mine!

Dont mistake the word for
    crime (coiruilacht or something like that)
    for the culu!
    Poverty (bochtannas)
    comes up as an essay title too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I know on the DEB English paper 2 the Macbeth Theme Q has to do with
    the supernatural
    but could someone tell me the wording of the question if they've done it already? Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Fad- I had examcraft my teacher said the DEB was way easy-
    Bochtanas comes up in three diffierent formats on the DEB paper. You could always say that poverty is a widespread problem in Ireland today because of the recession?!

• Advertisement

I know on the DEB English paper 2 the Macbeth Theme Q has to do with
    the supernatural
    but could someone tell me the wording of the question if they've done it already? Thanks. :)
    Shakespeare brilliantly portrays a supernatural world over which no one has contol

Biology was terrible!! All really detailed questions on short and long!! Experiments were ok though!!
    DEB or Examcraft? I'm screwed for Biology

Jammyc wrote: »
    No it bloody well doesnt!!

Made an arse of mine!

Dont mistake the word for
    crime (coiruilacht or something like that)
    for the culu!
    Poverty (bochtannas)
    comes up as an essay title too!

:eek:
    merryhappy wrote: »
    Fad- I had examcraft my teacher said the DEB was way easy-
    Bochtanas comes up in three diffierent formats on the DEB paper. You could always say that poverty is a widespread problem in Ireland today because of the recession?!

Nah I shant risk that, instead, I'll do the even riskier thing of just learning for the Examcraft one..............

Thanks for the help guys.

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    DEB or Examcraft? I'm screwed for Biology

The one with NO tick on it!!
    Ere what i remember.
    Short Questions
    q.1:Food tests etc, q:2 tissue's, q: detailed chloroplasts and mitochondrion,q:4 Monocotyledon and dicotelydon, q:5 Lymphatic, q:6 DNA and RNA

Experiments
    1. Alcohol Fermentation, 2. T.s of Dicot 3. The heart dissection

Long
    q.1 Veg. propagation and plant reproduction, q:2 Genetic's, q:3 Ecology, q:4 Digestion q:5 Nuerons, T cells and exp on temp effect on enzyme, q:6 chloroplasts, photosythesis, turgor pressure and mutation, evolution

Hope it helps!!

merryhappy wrote: »
    Thats what I did, It definitly wasnt the worst thing to be written on my paper tho. Id say it was one of the highlights...

God, I know I did badly..:(

Jammyc wrote: »
    Thats what I did, It definitly wasnt the worst thing to be written on my paper tho. Id say it was one of the highlights...

God, I know I did badly..:(

Nothing can compare to my question on Maigdileana at xmas "Thus Íosa an A-Ok do Maire Maigdileana"

Forgot the word for forgiveness >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Has anyone done Examcraft Economics???? I have it 2morro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Fad wrote: »
    Nothing can compare to my question on Maigdileana at xmas "Thus Íosa an A-Ok do Maire Maigdileana"

Forgot the word for forgiveness >_<

Lol..

I came across this essay when I was studying for p1 I got a few useful phrases from it: Good Luck!

Whoops, seems that url's are unspoilerable?!

MODEDIT: tinyurl'd that for you. ;p

Hope it helps!!
    Sure does. Grazie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Did anyone here answer question A on text 1 in DEB English paper one? The last question was worth 20 marks and said something along the lines of
    'How does the writer portray Kirsten Dunst'
    , but there was only like a paragraph on her personal input, the rest was just Kirsten Dunst answering questions. I got pretty confused at that point because I only had that single paragraph and the questions she asked to work from, and that totalled at about seven lines. How did you guys answer that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement