Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

HL history anyone? The company depending on this: I've had the OL Irish paper with
    Des Bishop
    and the HL English paper with
    Kirsten Dunst
    so far, what companies are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Did anyone here answer question A on text 1 in DEB English paper one? The last question was worth 20 marks and said something along the lines of
    'How does the writer portray Kirsten Dunst'
    , but there was only like a paragraph on her personal imput, the rest was just Kirsten Dunst answering questions. I got pretty confused at that point because I only had that single paragraph and the questions she asked to work from, and that totalled at about seven lines. How did you guys answer that?

I wrote a lot of **** to be honest, got about a page out of it.
    The writer obviously admires Dunst from the intro... blah blah.... Judging from the direction of the questions I think the interviewer is almost disbelieving of Dunst's seemingly perfect life (it's quite weak but I don't think they can fault you for it; the questions I referred to were the ones about paparazzi, growing up in the spotlight, I made out that the interviewer was trying to find faults in her life and can't believe how good she has it, blah blah)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭crunchycorner

Anyone know whats on the examcraft home ec paper (hl)?? i think the compulsory Q1 is about vitamins.....

Or has anyone done the paper where the home design elective is about systems and services (lighting, insulation, ventilation, water, heat, electricity etc)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 IrishDesperado

Hey any one got Ordinary History. Also is there much of a difference between deb and the other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

merryhappy wrote: »

Whoops, seems that url's are unspoilerable?!
    EVen flashes red like a christmas light when you hover over it!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I did the DEB English Paper 2 today...

Absolutely bottled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I done my geography exam today, easy:D
    one or two of the short questions where hard enough
    I wasnt ment to do economic processes( as we didnt cover it yet) but done it anyway and waffled!!:cool:

anyway heres a few hints Spoiler:
    short qs, drainage patterns, warm and cold fronts know costal formations like sea stack, cave etc,
    long qs. for regions know south asia and india, sambre meuses vallety in belgium and dublin, all i can remeber hope it helps

MODEDIT: There's a button that says "spoiler" when you're writing your post, you need to press on that to make the spoiler tags work properly! (I just select the section that needs to be spoilered, then press it, and it puts it in tags for you.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

flag123 wrote: »
    I done my geography exam today, easy:D
    one or two of the short questions where hard enough
    I wasnt ment to do economic processes( as we didnt cover it yet) but done it anyway and waffled!!:cool:

anyway heres a few hints
    Spoiler: short qs, drainage patterns, warm and cold fronts know costal formations like sea stack, cave etc,
    long qs. for regions know south asia and india, sambre meuses vallety in belgium and dublin, all i can remeber hope it helps.

Spoiler it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 IrishDesperado

dude theres button for
    spoilers
    . or the mod will be all like :mad:. Anyway how bout that history ordinary level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

oficially finished! :D failed music, it was so hard!

and economics, I love it, it's so easy to just chance your arm

and also I passed maths! good day :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

1 down, 8 to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Maths fully done, Eng paper 1 done, Irish paper 1 done.

Irish Paper two tomorrow........3 hours and 20 minutes *Winces*

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

10 more left...ah jesus

Really enjoyed both the English papers so feel quiet confident there...Maths Paper 1 and Geography tomorrow, now that will be a disaster.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Economics HL DEB please!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Doing DEB papers I've figured out.:cool:

Had Ordinary Maths paper 1 and Irish paper 1 today, both were handy enough saying that a few of the Maths Q.c's were a bit tough. Irish was great
    done the letter on when your in the Gaeltacht writing a letter back to your mate, and the great thing was one of the comprehensions it was about Des Bishop and part of it was about how he learned Irish so I took advantage of that in my letter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Did anyone here answer question A on text 1 in DEB English paper one? The last question was worth 20 marks and said something along the lines of
    'How does the writer portray Kirsten Dunst'
    , but there was only like a paragraph on her personal input, the rest was just Kirsten Dunst answering questions. I got pretty confused at that point because I only had that single paragraph and the questions she asked to work from, and that totalled at about seven lines. How did you guys answer that?

well just did that paper today!!nice questions too!
    itsabout the authors attitude towards Kirsten
    i answered it lik saying dat she admires her by her description of her in the opening paragraph!
    and that she fells very friendly towards her as some of heer questions are in a slight informal way i think shes says ''fairly''in one question or something like that!!

Also if anyone needs help wit english paper 1 DEB HL,Home ec HL not sure the company but question 1 is fish and protein!Our OL german DEB just message meand ill get back to ya!!

MODEDIT: SPOILERS PLEASE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

Anybody do OL Maths paper 1? have it tomorrow. whats the one without the tick on it? i saw the one that had the tick!

Anybody do OL Maths paper 1? have it tomorrow. whats the one without the tick on it? i saw the one that had the tick!

fairly sure without tick=DEb
    with tick=Examcraft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 batmansuperman

anyone done HL AG science?examcraft!need help asap...exam tomorrow!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

fairly sure without tick=DEb
    with tick=Examcraft

Did you do the examcraft Maths OL or did anybody?

• Advertisement

Did you do the examcraft Maths OL or did anybody?
    no sorry im not doing it till thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Had Ordinary Maths paper 1 and Irish paper 1 today, both were handy enough saying that a few of the Maths Q.c's were a bit tough. Irish was great
    done the letter on when your in the Gaeltacht writing a letter back to your mate, and the great thing was one of the comprehensions it was about Des Bishop and part of it was about how he learned Irish so I took advantage of that in my letter

Cheers Gav, I'll do that for Irish as well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

82% in Examcraft Chemistry.

Had my Music practical today, went ok but still making stupid little slips... Gotta love the technology though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Thanks, didn't know which ones I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

OL DEB French?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I just finished today.

Accounting DEB
    I cheated. Looked up the test on the web. The guilt. The shame. Still though, it did make me study the
    manufacturing account
    in question 1. ****ed up Management accounting, total guess work. But I'll guess for a low to mid b.

Chemistry
    DEB
    Balls. Absolute **** arse of a test. I felt confident going into it but staggered through it. I hated it. The only think I can console myself with is that there's no way it can be that hard in the leavin.

Physics Examcraft
    Nice paper. But I've a poor teacher. Large chunks that I guessed at.

Maths DEB
    Paper 1 was a mess.
    Paper 2 was grand, easy to ace if I had studied, but I didn't.
    Scrape a pass.

French DEB
    Lovely. B

Irish DEB
    Lovely. B
    Didn't help that my teacher told me the whole test before.:mad:

English DEB
    It all hinges on my essay. Depends so much on the interpretation of it. I took a philosophical rambling view on my essay. I dunno.
    Was caught for time in Paper 2.

Overall
    I didn't think it could be so tiring. Seriously. It's horrible. Changed my whole view on the Leaving. It's horrible. Disgusting process of determination of college places. Didn't help that I had two exams a day everyday though and half hour break between some. Ah well. I have serious work to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sco

any1 done HL examcraft geography?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

English paper 2 wasn't as bad as I had anticipated! It's amazing what you can remember under pressure! Think I'll get a B overall, finger crossed just to be sure! :) HL Maths paper one tomorrow, I'm so screwed it isn't even funny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

English paper 2 wasn't as bad as I had anticipated! It's amazing what you can remember under pressure! Think I'll get a B overall, finger crossed just to be sure! :) HL Maths paper one tomorrow, I'm so screwed it isn't even funny :(

Ah you'l be grand! when people say honours maths is impossible thats pure bollox! sure the pres are always harder than the actual leaving. And believe me the pres mean absolutely zilch! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Thanks for the encouragement :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement