Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Mr.S wrote: »
    Over to allhonours.ie for you;)

I'm probabl just blinded with the excitement, but whereabout on the site is the economics paper :) thanks!

EDIT: never mind, found it. thanks|!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

Pass Maths anybody?? Paper 1!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pass Maths anybody?? Paper 1!!:(

Examcraft:
    Q1- a-percentage profit.
    b-(i)Speed (ii) Scientific Notation
    c-Income tax.

Q2 algebra, simple stuff, learn the indices rules for Q3

Q3 Algebra again, a-simple, b-simultaneous w/ one eq x+y=2 & other X^2 + Y^2=10, c- fraction then a quadratic.

Q4, a- simple complex no multiplication, b- argand (w/conjugate and solve quad, c-modulus thingy

Q5 sequence and series, didnt do, so if I went through it id get it worng.

Q6- a f(x)=kx-4, given that f(-5)=11 find k, b, differentiate 2x^2-3x by first principles, c- find a derivative, tangent to a curve, and local max & min thingy

Q7- a Diff w/ respect to X, b-multiplication rule & chain rule, c- ball thrown up thing.

Q8-Reciprocal Curve Q

Hope thats enough detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

DEB or Examcraft?

DEB or Examcraft?

It does say examcraft in the post..............:pac:

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    It does say examcraft in the post..............:pac:

Was refering to Fred Flinstones post, but you posted seconds before me.:mad:

Thanks Fad!

Was refering to Fred Flinstones post, but you posted seconds before me.:mad:

Ah, he was asking for Examcraft, that thing took so bloody long to type put, I could be learning Stair An Gaeilge right now!

English and maths finished, and I've the day off tomorrow so all's good. Our sneaky maths teacher gave us paper one from examcraft and paper two from DEB; so, in case people are wondering, it does happen.

English and maths finished, and I've the day off tomorrow so all's good. Our sneaky maths teacher gave us paper one from examcraft and paper two from DEB; so, in case people are wondering, it does happen.

If that happens in English, I will be so screwed, it just wont be funny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

sco wrote: »
    any1 done HL examcraft geography?

Yup I did both the ExamCraft and DEB geo papers.

English
    Honours. DEB.
    Thought the paper was easy enough, did Macbeth essay and poetry. Rambled a bit on the unseen poem.
    B.

Irish
    Pass. DEB.
    Was easy enough, answered almost every question.
    B/C

Maths
    Honours. DEB.
    Coped with paper one okay, I thought paper two was diobolic. Ran out of time.
    Need a C.

French.
    Honours. DEB.
    Comprehensions weren't bad, average enough.
    Maybe a C.

Geography.
    Honours. DEB and Examcraft.
    Did both companies full papers due to a mix up.
    Thought both were around the same level.
    Hopefully C.

Home Ec.
    Honours. DEB.
    Managed to answer most of the questions, time was pretty tight.
    C

Biology.
    Honours. DEB.
    Not my strongest subject, waffled a lot.
    D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Every single paper so far (we have only Irish II and German left) has been examcraft, unfortunatly for many today Geography was DEB. I have been told the look of horror from many of the lads who have sailed through everything else, after getting on the internet was something to behold! They didnt touch anything they didnt think was coming up.
    Moral of the story: don't put all your eggs in one basket!:D

Also, for anyone who was around last year did all this widespread posting of exam papers happen or is it strictly a 09 phonomenon?

I personally don't understand cheating on the mocks, but that's probably because of the school I go to and the parents I have.

My parents have a kind of lax, it's your life attitude towards college and school so i don't need to get good results for them.

And my teachers have made us understand that these results are for us, not them.

I ddn't cheat in any exam, I think I knew one 20 mark part of a question and that was it. And the availability was there because I did some of my exams later than the rest of my class.

But honestly, I paid €90 to do these mocks, so why the hell would I cheat on results that only matter to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

I personally don't understand cheating on the mocks, but that's probably because of the school I go to and the parents I have.

My parents have a kind of lax, it's your life attitude towards college and school so i don't need to get good results for them.

And my teachers have made us understand that these results are for us, not them.

I ddn't cheat in any exam, I think I knew one 20 mark part of a question and that was it. And the availability was there because I did some of my exams later than the rest of my class.

But honestly, I paid €90 to do these mocks, so why the hell would I cheat on results that only matter to me?

Agree 100%, but each to their own I suppose. I just feel that at this stage you are doing the exams for yourself so if you dont want to work for them why fool everyone else by getting an extremely inflated grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

ok this thread isnt about cheating !!
    its not like where dishing out answers.
    people are telling each other TOPICS that are coming up they still have to revise and learn how to answer on the topics and for some people its how they get motivated for the exams and at least you will no all those topics inside out for the leaving:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I agree that its only knowing the topics that come up, not what the answers are. Just because you have the maths equation doesnt mean you have a clue how to do it :pac: Maths paper 1 DEB was alright! Definitely passed, maybe even got a C.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

Des23 wrote: »
    Every single paper so far (we have only Irish II and German left) has been examcraft, unfortunatly for many today Geography was DEB. I have been told the look of horror from many of the lads who have sailed through everything else, after getting on the internet was something to behold! They didnt touch anything they didnt think was coming up.
    Moral of the story: don't put all your eggs in one basket!:D

Also, for anyone who was around last year did all this widespread posting of exam papers happen or is it strictly a 09 phonomenon?
    ya i had geography today but i was talking to my teacher yesterday and she said dat they had changed it to deb because she had told us some hints for each question alot of people were freaked it was so funny i still failed though i thought it was so hard i was very sick though while they were doing the option and find it hard catching up especially when the teacher was like just look over it yourself over midterm

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Just had Geography there don't think I could be any happier great paper one or two slightly dodgy questions but just manipulated them slightly to my advantage and the teacher said it was grand so looking for a good grade there...didn't put the pen down til the last minute.

Double Post

• Advertisement

Had Irish Paper 2 today, wasn't the best tbh.:D But it's only 18% of the Irish exam so I should still pass (hopefully a C).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

English 2 and Chemistry today, thank God they moved it back for the real thing! Today was so awful, and I had a migrane and did terribly in chemistry... what did others get for
    the % of iron in the tablet?
    Nobody in my class would tell me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ToteFraggle.

Examcraft Pass Maths PII anyone?
    Pleeeease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GMFF

Examcraft Pass Maths PII anyone?
    Pleeeease
    http://www.allhonours.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Anyone got the solutions for HL DEB maths paper 1 actually? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Had Geography earlier, they gave us last years DEB, very sneaky.

Wasn't bad though, there was one 30 mark question I just couldn't answer so that's 5% gone already but the rest wasn't too bad. Few tricky short questions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

My maths teacher did exactly the same thing!
    I had decided not to cheat anyway, so it made no real difference to me, but I pity anyone who did!

I've Irish, English and Maths totally done now.
    I'm absolutely wrecked after the 2 irish papers. Can't believe
    the recession
    didn't come up as an essay for Irish! bah!
    I still fit it into one of the other essay titles though.. Ahem.
    Hopefully I got an A in Irish, I'd be a bit annoyed if i didn't. Thought the comprehensions were hella hard as well though. DEB that is, eugh/

French (:() and Chemistry tomorrow. Bah. Bah!

Maths, English, Accounting and Biology done!! Only Irish, French and history left:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Started getting my results back on Monday, eep not great. Though I never expected them to be seeing as I basically just crammed loads the few weeks before.

Got a C1 in Maths, was delighted as I thought I did really badly on paper 2 but in fact there was very little difference between papers 1 and 2. All I need is a D3 anyway but it'd be nice to get a B in the real thing.

Got a B2 in English, have to say I was a bit disappointed. My teacher said that this examiner was particularly harsh. I was very taken aback by the marks I got for some of my paper 2 essays. Essays that my teacher had given me an A1 for had only gotten a B3 or 2 =/. One other class had this corrector and she was just as tough on them, I don't think anyone got a B1 or above whereas there were a good few As in the other half of the year because they had a different corrector.

Scraped an A1 in French, was delighted as I thought I'd completely failed the aural because it was so dire, but as it turned out I got an A1 in that!

Got a B3 in music which was disappointing, but relaistic as I didn't do the melody properly (modulated incorrectly and only did a 12 bar melody) so I only got 12 marks out of 40! Hopefully my music practical which is tomorow will bring that grade up a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Elonex

Finished these before the mid term. Got 380 points. Chuffed :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement