Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Well basically all finished now, just the orals to do and will be done :D

Had all DEB papers. Thought pass maths was dire! Eugh, reckon I barely passed paper two, and totally lost about paper one :(.
    Biology was strange too, not much of the course questions and thought a lot of the questions were loads of different topics put into one question crap paper, but answered all but one question.
    Thought music was grand, but some strange questions and
    Raymond Deane
    as question one?! Eww and as for and the essays were weird but managed to get a page and a half in the 12 minutes :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Exam craft has a tick on the page, and DEB has a bar code on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

DEB all the way!:) got 89% in my cluaist, dead chuffed:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

My English teacher said to me that I wouldn't recieve the results til after Easter, wtf?

I really hope I passed it, struggling at HL English big time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Had my Spanish Oral today..82% in the oral!

****in A!

Still waiting for results! Goddamn I finished like 2 weeks ago! Most of ours were posted like nearly 3 weeks ago now!! Jaysus, takin their time!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

My exams have a tick and a barcode :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Piste, I got a B2 in English in my mocks, general consensus was that the corrector was dire. Gave people the same marks for answers of wildly different standards, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 byrne17

is there anybody hu can help me with examcraft ag science mock ? lost any help greatly appreciated !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Okay. I'm going to say this again, because people don't seem to understand.

IF YOU REFER TO SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THAT WERE ON YOUR MOCK PAPER,
    YOU MUST PUT THAT INFORMATION INSIDE SPOILER TAGS.
    IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I AM PROBABLY GOING TO DELETE YOUR POST.

You can then reattempt the post, if you desire. If you succeed in understanding the simple point of using spoiler tags, your post will not be deleted. I'm getting sick fixing people's posts. If you don't take the 5 seconds it takes to, a) notice the rules for this thread, and consequently b) use spoiler tags appropriately, I'm not going to spend that time for you fixing your post.

I may go back to being nice if someone does my Mechanics assignment for me. Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 byrne17

okaaay !!!!

u do feel strongly about that dont u !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

She has a life. I'm sure she doesn't want to spend it sticking spoiler tags on posts. It's not that hard to hit a button to cover the questions you're giving out. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Jammyc wrote: »
    Had my Spanish Oral today..82% in the oral!

****in A!

Still waiting for results! Goddamn I finished like 2 weeks ago! Most of ours were posted like nearly 3 weeks ago now!! Jaysus, takin their time!

The only result I've gotten back is from a teacher who is so nice, he'd have had it that afternoon if I'd asked for it! On the other hand, my maths teacher has had my test 3 weeks, she works part time, and there's only six of us in the class. Really don't understand what's taking her so long.

We were warned any that were sent out could take 4-5 weeks to come back, so I wouldn't be expecting much back yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Pretty sure I'm gonna fail maths paper two after looking over Trig and the circle, i remember nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

byrne17 wrote: »
    okaaay !!!!

u do feel strongly about that dont u !

Kinda her job...........

PFM is much like the Russian police, stern, but fair*

(A jackass reference, how avant garde!)

Okay. I'm going to say this again, because people don't seem to understand.

IF YOU REFER TO SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THAT WERE ON YOUR MOCK PAPER,
    YOU MUST PUT THAT INFORMATION INSIDE SPOILER TAGS.
    IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, I AM PROBABLY GOING TO DELETE YOUR POST.

You can then reattempt the post, if you desire. If you succeed in understanding the simple point of using spoiler tags, your post will not be deleted. I'm getting sick fixing people's posts. If you don't take the 5 seconds it takes to, a) notice the rules for this thread, and consequently b) use spoiler tags appropriately, I'm not going to spend that time for you fixing your post.

I may go back to being nice if someone does my Mechanics assignment for me. Maybe.
    I would help modding if I were a mod *flutters eyelids*

Jokes! But I would help tho.

I would help modding if I were a mod *flutters eyelids*

Jokes! But I would help tho.

Tip from a current feedback thread; Never Ask:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Isn't there a proverb which says "too many mods spoil the broth"? :pac:

Piste wrote: »
    Isn't there a proverb which says "too many mods spoil the broth"? :pac:
    A watched mod never boils!:pac:

A watched mod never boils!:pac:

Dont throw the mods out with the eh.......modwater?

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Tip from a current feedback thread; Never Ask:pac:
    Damn and I was so looking foreward to taking the AMP test:pac:
    Was kidding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I've done English, Art History and History so far. I had a mixture of DEB and Examcraft papers I think. I'm relieved I didn't cheat in any of them cos it was well worth getting the experience of real LC circumstances, it was very tempting though! Ugh, I didn't enjoy English at all. I usually get B1s or A2s but I'd say I scraped a C in that paper. I was mentally unprepared for Paper 1 and Paper 2 requires a ridiculous amount for the time given. My comparative was awful as I needed WAY more time, I'll have to slim my essays down a lot! Art History and History, on the other hand, were lovely! Although, I got a bit freaked out when I was looking back over the History paper and reread the question
    What were the circumstances that brought about the decline of the Home Rule Party and the rise of Sinn Fein during the years 1914- 1918
    ... I literally just mentioned the fact that
    the HR party were popular until the 1916 Rising and then declined and SF grew blah blah blah so I didn't really talk about HR from 1914- 1916
    at all I just launched in to the rest of the essay Did anyone else do this or did they mention
    1914-1916
    in detail? Sorry, hope this makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I just did Maths 1, not as awful as I thought but not great. My teacher is correcting them right now, oh my god...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Swizz wrote: »
    DEB Physics Higher Level - Easy peasy!
    Section A
    1. Relationship between Force applied to a trolley and its acceleration
    2. Snells Law
    3. Fundamental frequency and stretched string with tension
    4. relationship between I and P.D for a copper sulfate solution
    Section B
    Q5 = mixed as always
    Q6 Mostly on Newtons Laws, know why 1st law is a special case of the 2nd
    Q7 Constructive interference and coherent sources and a concave surfave
    Q8 EMF P.D resistors wheatstone bridge
    Q9 Magnetic field current carrying conductors ampere rectangular coil of wire(like in DC motor)
    Q10 options as always
    Q11 Xrays other stuff I didnt do so dunno what it is
    Q12 do 2 of the following a) S.H.M b)heat capacity c) lenzs law d) photoelectric effect
    Ooh, thanks so much for the info, are you positive that was DEB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

First the mocks yesterday didn't do great :(

History O - did really well A or B
    Maths O - well lets just not talk about that one
    Geography H - may have scraped a pass
    Religion H - Did crap, no study done for it
    Home ec H - was fine short ans bit hard tho
    Business H - Again long ans where fine but but short ans went really bad!
    English O - Went really well
    Irish O - Paper one was sound paper two on the other hand well half of the exam hall was gone after 20 minutes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

Geog Deb???

Have it tomorrow its my birthday :)

Did anyone else think that the DEB maths paper 2 ordinary was alot harder than the past papers? It seemed everything had a twist to it. I couldn't fully complete a single question. After doing so well in paper 1, this fooked me up :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

creggy wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that the DEB maths paper 2 ordinary was alot harder than the past papers? It seemed everything had a twist to it. I couldn't fully complete a single question. After doing so well in paper 1, this fooked me up :mad:

+1

Had it today and thought it was horrible, couldn't even get Simpsons Rules right.:mad:

Had DEB Ordinary French today, was easy apart from the 2 french comprehensions which were unusually hard. Aural was nice and easy.:)

+1

Had it today and thought it was horrible, couldn't even get Simpsons Rules right.:mad:

Had DEB Ordinary French today, was easy apart from the 2 french comprehensions which were unusually hard. Aural was nice and easy.:)

Thank lord I'm not alone. I couldn't get that Simpson's rule question either...

I reckon I more than likely failed ordinary maths over paper 2 :(:mad::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GMFF

I prefer paper 2 in general, and didn't put much effort into 1 thinking that I'd make up marks in two. But oh no, 2 was brutal. I'm hoping to have scraped together a pass but it depends on how liberal the examiner is with attempt marks to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement