Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Examcraft HL maths paper 2 is EVIL!! fingers crossed paper 1 is a bit better 2moro!! :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Examcraft HL maths paper 2 is EVIL!! fingers crossed paper 1 is a bit better 2moro!! :P:P

Oh nooo, paper 1 examcraft is really long and awkward! Quite tough. I found paper 2 a lot easier than paper 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Oh nooo, paper 1 examcraft is really long and awkward! Quite tough. I found paper 2 a lot easier than paper 1.

Same with DEB. DEB Paper 1 was impossible though. Paper 2 wasn't as bad but still fairly gay all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

robz18 wrote: »
    Ooh, thanks so much for the info, are you positive that was DEB?

Yeah definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

creggy wrote: »
    Did anyone else think that the DEB maths paper 2 ordinary was alot harder than the past papers? It seemed everything had a twist to it. I couldn't fully complete a single question. After doing so well in paper 1, this fooked me up :mad:

Is that the paper that had a really weird standard deviation question? It was grand except for that and the 2nd question on trigonometry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Jack Bracken

Oh wow, I was destroyed by that geography paper today. Guess it's time to pull the finger out, lol.

Apart from that and German, though, everything else has been fairly easy. Physics tomorrow. Woot. D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭hello_there_jim

can someone please tell me higher level irish, paper two deb or examcraft? cos our school is sly they bought both companies, what are the essays on both, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it tomorrow!!!
    ty in adavance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Which irish paper 1 has these essays:
    Culu eacnamaiochta + fadhbanna
    An triu domhan
    coras daonlathach

Sorry there aren't any fadas, I can't do them on this keyboard! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Swizz wrote: »
    Yeah definitely
    Thanks.
    :D
    I found paper 1 a bit easier, but not by that much. It is a tough enough paper in general though. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

LivingDeadGirl- that must be examcraft. because i had DEB and there wasn't a
    cúlú
    essay in sight :mad:

hello_there_jim:
    Irish Paer 2, DEB:
    Prose:
    An Bhean óg or Fiche Blian ag fás. And an cearrbhach as the obligatory.
    OL Poetry:
    Jack was compulsary, Níl Aon Ní and Faoiseamh were there.
    HL Poetry:
    Dá mB'Fhéidir & An Chéad Dráma
    Stair:
    Ogham & Gluaiseanna (or) Gaeilge mar theanga cheillteach(or) An Fhiannaíocht.
    Hope that helps. Wasn't too specific, much, but that's something for you to go on!

Sort of worried about geography, everyone's saying it's horrible. I have it tomorrow.
    Bam! Still resisting the temptation to cheat though - :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

haha physics was a mess for me. ohh well here's to hoping my perfect exp questions pull me up to a C at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GMFF

Which irish paper 1 has these essays:
    Culu eacnamaiochta + fadhbanna
    An triu domhan
    coras daonlathach

Sorry there aren't any fadas, I can't do them on this keyboard! Thanks :)
    That would be examcraft! Find paper two here: http://www.allhonours.ie/node/5233

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Allhonours is such a mess of a forum, friend of mine mentioned setting up a forum for next year, sounds like a plan tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I may go back to being nice if someone does my Mechanics assignment for me. Maybe.

I'm sorry! Accept these equations as compensation.

x = sin(wt + A)
    Si = (u^2 sin2A)/g

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

strongr wrote: »
    First the mocks yesterday didn't do great :(

History O - did really well A or B
    Maths O - well lets just not talk about that one
    Geography H - may have scraped a pass
    Religion H - Did crap, no study done for it
    Home ec H - was fine short ans bit hard tho
    Business H - Again long ans where fine but but short ans went really bad!
    English O - Went really well
    Irish O - Paper one was sound paper two on the other hand well half of the exam hall was gone after 20 minutes :D

Which Business paper and will you post details on it plz!?! What questions were on the short and long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

95% in my music practical, lost my ten marks in the technology too which is piss easy but unpracticed... happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

Got 71 in my Chemistry. It was marked by some lazy marker who complained about people's handwriting, yet the people with the worst writing got no complaints from the English Examiner. Also, we had to go through ours again with marking scheme, almost everyone had lost marks because this person hadn't gone through the paper vary thoroughly. Some people were moved up over 10%. I went up from 65.
    I bizarrely got exactly the same marks on both maths papers. 70 in those. There's a trend forming.
    Not looking forward to DCG I'm way too slow, and we had barely done any of the options, Examcraft's Dimetric was not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had DEB Higher Geography paper today, wasn't too hard if I had of studied I'd have easily got an A tbh. Still say I done quite well but those SRP's wreck my head.:D

Yeah, I had the DEB geography paper today too, thought it was actually really nice! Was a bit worried by what people here were saying about it being horrible... but, it was graaaand. Ran out of time a bit when I was writing my essay for the option so cohesiveness went out the window a bit and I just threw down the main points.
    Still got an A on it hopefully.

I've only Biology left now! ><

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Had Examcraft Irish Paper 2 today, thought it was fine, but would have been better if I studied! Answered everything anywayand thought my answers were pretty decent, but was finished 45mins early! Bad sign? :confused: I finished Paper 1 really early too, over an hour to spare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Heggy wrote: »
    Not looking forward to DCG I'm way too slow, and we had barely done any of the options, Examcraft's Dimetric was not nice.

That question was a balls of a question. Whoever engineered that question must not know the dimensions of an A2 sheet because it was absolutely MASSIVE. I had to get another sheet and stick it under the main sheet for more space! You only realise how big it is when you have all your angles set up and you start drawing it so you can't scrap it and start another question:mad:

The assembly question is from the old TD course, we done it in class already.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

that geography one was a right pain in the arse... i'v never sat a full one before and didnt get the whole thing finished so lost about 40 marks on the options question... rest of it wasnt too bad though

is it true that in the actual leaving cert that they give you about 20 mins extra at the end of each exam to finish up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Got three results back today
    60 in biology and irish and 58 in history.
    so far thats 190 points i think.

Dubs wrote: »
    that geography one was a right pain in the arse... i'v never sat a full one before and didnt get the whole thing finished so lost about 40 marks on the options question... rest of it wasnt too bad though

is it true that in the actual leaving cert that they give you about 20 mins extra at the end of each exam to finish up?

Geography is a total cúnt for timing alright, couldn't agree more.

I don't know about that extra 20 minutes thing tbh! Last year as soon as the time was up the examiner collected our scripts. If you were mid-scrawl he'd leave you off for a minute or two, but 20? Don't think so. Unless you got a particularly lenient one, which I wouldn't bank on.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Home ec today...wasnt enough time..missed out on a good bit..:confused:
    I had to fly through the exam..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

flag123 wrote: »
    Home ec today...wasnt enough time..missed out on a good bit..:confused:
    I had to fly through the exam..

did ya get the one with fish and protein for Q1..i barely got that paper done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Dubs wrote: »

No, they've added 20mins to some exams but you don't get 20mins at the end of every exam to finish up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

I finished Paper 1 really early too, over an hour to spare!

Only done paper 1 myself i was the same!it was soo easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Fred Flinstone

Irish paper 2 today, wasn great, hope i passed!! Had to leave out a 20mark question and only half page each for the characters in An Triail!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Got an A in English. Really should have been a B.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement