Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Bit of both >_>

Yeah truth be told I havent even applied out of Dublin. Not only that, I havent even applied out of South Dublin.

Piste wrote: »
    Bit of both >_>

Yeah truth be told I havent even applied out of Dublin. Not only that, I havent even applied out of South Dublin.

You didn't apply for med in Cork or Galway?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

No, can't commute from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Well, good luck then Piste. I'm sure you'll be grand.

I hope everyone gets their course, and personally, would love to be in TCD/UCD next year having a laugh in my course. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

hey for the economics mock (DEB) does anyone know how to answer this:
    Use the pricipal of PED to recommend new tax levels in indirect tax
    - i don't have a clue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Had Higher Physics DEB paper today, wasn't the hardest paper in the world, certainly a bit easier than past papers but well I can't seem to grasp physics nor remember the formulas so in that aspect I doubt I'll pass, can see me doing Ordinary come June.:(

Saying that I haven't cheated yet in one exam so I'm happy.:cool:

Higher Level Business, Irish Aural, French and Irish orals to go. In for 15 mins on Wednesday and Thursday and off Friday.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Did anyone else find that DEB chemistry paper. . . . oh . . how can I put it . . . Awkwardly difficult?
    I mean
    what do ethanoic acid and wood react together to form?
    . . . . WTF!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

have finally started getting them back

got geog back, 50%... highest in the class was 65%
    and maths (pass) 80%

happy so far anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

GA361 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find that DEB chemistry paper. . . . oh . . how can I put it . . . Awkwardly difficult?
    I mean
    . . . . WTF!!!!

We havnt done it yet but our teacher warned us about that question...she told us the answer cos she said the question was so unfair!! its
    cellulose ethanoate
    ....i think thats what she said!! Hope thats what you said :D:D hmmmm...dont remember seeing that in the book!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

k8hm wrote: »
    hey for the economics mock (DEB) does anyone know how to answer this:
    Use the pricipal of PED to recommend new tax levels in indirect tax
    - i don't have a clue!
    Most Vat taxed goods are goods with elastic demand and in order to increase tax revenue levels of VAT should be dropped
    Goods that have inelastic demand have few substitutes, eg petrol, alcohol,etc., are also charged excise duties. thus in order to increase tax revenuesincrease the level of excise duty charged

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 batmansuperman

anyone have examcraft DCG pre done?!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

did ya get the one with fish and protein for Q1..i barely got that paper done

yeah got it all done but was just about finished..i was put under pressure, not enough time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

We havnt done it yet but our teacher warned us about that question...she told us the answer cos she said the question was so unfair!! its
    cellulose ethanoate
    ....i think thats what she said!! Hope thats what you said :D:D hmmmm...dont remember seeing that in the book!! :P

That defo wasn't in our book either:Chemistry Live.
    Well at least we can be comforted by the fact that nothing that ridiculous will come up on the real thing. . . . . I hope :o

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Biology and Art History left tomorrow and that's the written papers finished. Will just have Art Craft on Wednesday and French and Irish Mock Orals next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

I mean
    . . . . WTF!!!!

I no!!WTF was that about!!i mean who even needs to no that lol!
    flag123 wrote: »
    yeah got it all done but was just about finished..i was put under pressure, not enough time.

ya that home.ec paper was my longest paper fortunately didnt have to rush it though!just got it done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I mean
    . . . . WTF!!!!

Some of the quesstions were ridiculously stupid though. Like 5 marks for both 'How would they change the temperature' and 'Name a change of state that is exothermic'? There's ten marks for people who don't even do chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Art history anyone? :( I searched the thread and couldn't find it! In trouble here!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Heggy

anyone have examcraft DCG pre done

Yeah, I if I remember correctly
    1st long was lamina, usual intersections and stuff, second was intersection of solids, and third was a colossal dimetric which I would recommend staying away from.
    There were absolutely no conic sections on the paper. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Hi, I recently dropped down to pass Irish and I have my Irish paper 2 mock tomorrow but I did not get a chance to ask my teacher what poems, stories etc to study for ordinary level. Anyone know?

I dont have the time to root around threads for the answer:P

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Art history anyone? :( I searched the thread and couldn't find it! In trouble here!

We did the papers of the company with the tick (can't remember which one that is) I forget a lot of it now but from what I can recall
    Irish Section:The Ardagh Chalice, Dorothy Cross, Jack B. Yeats, Georgian architecture and the Rock of Cashel. European Section: Romanesque architecture, El Greco, Rembrandt, Michelangelo, Renoir(?), Dali. Section 3: Something about public artwork and also an exhibition Q which asks you to discuss two exhibits and they layout, lighting, catalogue etc
    There's obviously far more I just can't remember it, hope that helps a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Ya I need these aswell, any help appreciated!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Thanks a million :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

SEC exams are set according to what is on the syllabus, not what is in any particular textbook.

I'm not familiar enough with Chemistry to comment on the particular question quoted here, but an error on a commercially produced 'mock' paper would not be surprising. There have been some right clangers over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Gealt OR Jack, + the story about those two lads who get locko.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Gealt OR Jack, + the story about those two lads who get locko.

That's Examcraft, DEB was different.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Thanks a million :)
    You're welcome! Oh and I think that it was actually
    Gothic architecture not Romanesque :S for Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I mean
    . . . . WTF!!!!

There were so many dodgy questions every now and then. I remember
    draw C8H10
    . It took me so long and I'm pretty sure I ended up getting it wrong anyway. Organic chemistry is usually really easy once you know your stuff but it was so bad on this paper. It's good for marks since they usually ask the same thing every year but the one on
    fuels
    was just so vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

If you mean what you have to study for the LC it's:

Poetry
    Gealt
    Jack
    Nil Aon Ni
    The old poet one with Prince Charles or whatever
    Faoiseamh A Gheobadsa

Pros
    Cearrbhach Mac Chabha
    An Bean Og
    The underage drinking one
    The college one
    Forgot the last one

I've pretty much forgotten everything though when I dropped from Honours to Pass. You do so little work in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I imagine you didn't have time to read the first post of the Mocks thread that states it's the only thread for discussing the contents of the mocks, too...

However, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt here and say the following;
    In HL you study the same poems and stories as those in OL, you simply do additional HL poetry/novel/etc. on top of it, so you should have already covered anything that'll come up on the OL course.

And now to merge the threads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone have notes for answering the art appreciation question? I'm absolutely stumped for it.

I have searched around for some info but, no dice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement