Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I've the entire DEB HL History paper here if anyone wants to know anything. Using it as revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

blue-army wrote: »
    Anyone know what type of
    Service Firm Account
    comes up in DEB Accounting???????

Also, what section 3 question is easiest?

Thanks.
    anyone? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

blue-army wrote: »
    anyone? :o

Might be of some use to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Did anyone do the German HL DEB tape yet? How'd you find it? I was pretty much sitting there with this expression on the face for the entire thing: :eek:

I was really annoyed aswell, because I got an A in my oral and I'm pretty sure that I done well on the paper, but this is gonna mark me down a LOT.
    Frick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

Did anyone do the German HL DEB tape yet? How'd you find it? I was pretty much sitting there with this expression on the face for the entire thing: :eek:

I was really annoyed aswell, because I got an A in my oral and I'm pretty sure that I done well on the paper, but this is gonna mark me down a LOT.
    Frick.

Hahaha! My class were exactly the same, it was actually impossible. Especially section 4 and I don't know what the hell they were on about for the 'Problem' in section 2 :s I got an A1 in my oral and I found the written pretty easy but that tape was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Biology was strangely good, there were a lot of common sense type questions. Just history today and I'm done! I'm kind of sad because it means I have to go back to class on monday...

Finished, YAY. Had my French oral this morning and that's a rap on the Mocks.

Asked our English teacher this morning what our results were like and she said alright, not looking forward to Monday as I thought I done quiet well in English.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I thought I done quite well in English.:(
    I'm sorry, this irony is too good to ignore.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

hahahaha awe brilliant

How long did it take to get the results backs for thos whose mocks were sent away?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I was finished my mocks yesterday!:D...not looking forward to monday, class :(..cut sure no matter!..
    any way...anyone know when the Orals start????

• Advertisement

Feck.:(

Brillaint spot PFM.

And I'm done! History paper was lovely, I finished with a worrying amount of time left though, almost 20 minutes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

phasers wrote: »
    And I'm done! History paper was lovely, I finished with a worrying amount of time left though, almost 20 minutes...

i was left with 1 hour 10 mins in irish paper 1, 45 mins in french, an hour in biology and 40 mins in chemistry....all higher level...dammit!! So i dont think you should worry about 20 mins...:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Nearly finished my mocks. Just Spanish tomorrow. Most of my friends are finished and are celebrating in town tonight. :(.... while I'll be studying :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Had still life and life drawing today. Still life and the 30 minutes pose were okish but the 15 minutes pose was a disaster as usual, makes me feel like I'm useless at art! :(
    At least I only have the craft exam left and then I'm completely finished my pres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

People who did DEB HL English Paper1:
    Did you find the part B question on the newspaper report quite ambigous? I wrote an article while it said report. But there was no title given so how the f**k was I supposed to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Heggy wrote: »
    Well, considering that mock papers are usually marked (as far as I know) by college students, who get around €3 or €4 a paper, you can't expect top quality marking.
    Leaving Cert is corrected by experienced teachers, who get a lot more, anywhere between €15 and €40, depending on the subject. They know the marking process much better, and are obligated to tally everything up fully.
    That said, mistakes still occur. That's what rechecks are for. :D
    teachers do not get anywhere near that amount per paper! not even a fraction of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

K4t wrote: »
    People who did DEB HL English Paper1:
    Did you find the part B question on the newspaper report quite ambigous? I wrote an article while it said report. But there was no title given so how the f**k was I supposed to know!
    Two of my mates done the exact same thing, but I didn't though my report was meh and I didn't get my essay finished. Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Finical wrote: »
    Two of my mates done the exact same thing, but I didn't though my report was meh and I didn't get my essay finished. Doh!
    English is my strongest subject and I'll be lucky to get an honour in paper1! Messed up the comprehension, did an article instead of a report (awfully phrased question though) for partB and only had time for a two page essay :(

Still, it's only the mocks. Better I f**k up now than in june.

i was left with 1 hour 10 mins in irish paper 1, 45 mins in french, an hour in biology and 40 mins in chemistry....all higher level...dammit!! So i dont think you should worry about 20 mins...:P:P

Ah now I finished with half an hour for French and nearly 2 hours for Biology and Irish, but History is one of the subjects I thought I'd be pressed for time on! It's a really long exam, I'm just worried my essays were too short

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Fineeeshheed the mocks!!!! Woooooooo!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Soooo.....when will these results be back? :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

Fineeeshheed the mocks!!!! Woooooooo!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Soooo.....when will these results be back? :eek::eek:

Me too :cool: Our teachers are correcting all ours

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

me three:)
    dont know hot to react thou...kinda dreading the oral

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Those exam craft history questions are ridiculous :confused: anyone have any tips on how to write 5 pages on the suffrage movement? There's only one page on it in my revision book and i dont even have the full book :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Goldshlager

teachers do not get anywhere near that amount per paper! not even a fraction of it!

I'm ALMOST certain the do get a fraction of it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yellow belly du

Anyone have maths paper 2 ordinary level examcraft? If so, could you post up the kinda questions that were on it? Did terrible on paper 1 so any help would be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kazzaj

David Trim wrote: »
    HI i would be grate full for any help on the biology mock !! please help me !!! i start mine monday !! I would be soo grate full you could mail me on adrian3melvin@yahoo.ie
    i need da Qs For Da Biology Mok Pleez Iv My Exam On Thursday
    N E Help Would B mUCH aPPRECIATED...pWEEZ??
    Email me @ kjoyce07@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

kazzaj wrote: »
    i need da Qs For Da Biology Mok Pleez Iv My Exam On Thursday
    N E Help Would B mUCH aPPRECIATED...pWEEZ??
    Email me @ kjoyce07@hotmail.com
    Please use ENGLISH on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kaitymck

english p2 today did **** even though I knew what was coming up. I wrote a grand total of 1 page on
    michael longley
    and I didn't even know the names of any of his poems except one.

Art history failed for sure. if anybody wants to know what's on that I had the examcraft one

woud love to know wats comin up on the art history..have it in d mornin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

Hah, you're in the 2009 thread, we're well finished.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement