Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Question 1: Draft a 20-page report on how to fix the world economy. (100 marks).
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but the field report is really just another question at the end of the day. It's not like you go into the exam with 20%, you still have to get 40% in the written exam to get 20% more to pass.

I suppose you could see it like that, but you have your books and your teacher to help you with it, and so you can go in with a pretty good uestion already answered and you don't have to learn it off and reproduce it. Much easier marks than you'll get on the day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I suppose you could see it like that, but you have your books and your teacher to help you with it, and so you can go in with a pretty good uestion already answered and you don't have to learn it off and reproduce it. Much easier marks than you'll get on the day! :D

When I did my Leaving in 2004 we had to go in and reproduce our field report question complete with graphs, maps and pie charts. It sucked and took up far too much time. It's much better now, as long as you put the work in to guarantee yourself good marks in that question.

janeybabe wrote: »
    When I did my Leaving in 2004 we had to go in and reproduce our field report question complete with graphs, maps and pie charts. It sucked and took up far too much time. It's much better now, as long as you put the work in to guarantee yourself good marks in that question.

Oh god, I'm so glad I'm doing mine in 2009. I would prefer not to have those marks and do another regional/physical/whatever question than have to reproduce a whole field report!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

So I just found out that for History we send away a mock research topic? Is this true or is my teacher just trying to scare students into getting them done? Either way I'm glad I did mine in September :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

Good luck all of ye...god I feel sick just reading this thread and I did mine last year:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭riverstick

anybody know whats coming up for german hl in the following
    a. the grammer section
    b. the letter section
    c. the ausserung zum thema section.
    thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I'm so unprepared for my mocks. In maths especially. History will probably be my best cos the teacher always puts every topic we've covered on our house exams. So the mocks will just be an extra question on top of our christmas exam. But maths......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Haven't studied for my mocks. How many people are usng their mocks to see what they already know and how many are studying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Mine start on Thursday but I'm strangely relaxed. Doing a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mocks start on wednesday

Don't really care about them, was gonna study this weekend but, 18th Birthday so studying went out the window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

cautioner wrote: »
    Mine start on Thursday but I'm strangely relaxed. Doing a bit though.

yep same here!I'm just useing it a way to see what I dont know then brush up on it over the midterm.Break?I should think not.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Mine dont start for 3 weeks!

The wait is getting really annoying GAH!!!!!!!!!

Be wary of using the mocks as a way to see what you do or do not know. I really don't feel that they reflect the Leaving Cert. correctly. One company tends to be far too easy, the other is far too difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭riverstick

janeybabe wrote: »
    Be wary of using the mocks as a way to see what you do or do not know. I really don't feel that they reflect the Leaving Cert. correctly. One company tends to be far too easy, the other is far too difficult.

which company is which is it debs are the though ones and examcraft are the easy paper

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The only really reliable mock papers are previous exam papers.

riverstick wrote: »
    which company is which is it debs are the though ones and examcraft are the easy paper

I don't know. I don't remember tbh.
    spurious wrote: »
    The only really reliable mock papers are previous exam papers.

I completely agree. The companies that make them are there for profit, not to predict results for students.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Hey,
    Has anyone taken the German HL mock yet?
    I don't want to know what's on it, just want to hear if it was difficult or not...
    I am terrible at the aural so I hope it's not too difficult.... :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Fad wrote: »
    Mine dont start for 3 weeks!

The wait is getting really annoying GAH!!!!!!!!!

Thats cutting it tight with the orals

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

landyman wrote: »
    Thats cutting it tight with the orals

I cant imagine that theyre concerned, Rugby is a far better thing to schedule a school year around then academics (Or so it would seem) in their eyes.

That said, I dont think, any one thought the orals would be as early as they are. Apparently theyre really this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

feeeeck!!

mocks start in 10 hours.
    id better pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Hey guys. Just wonderin, Im thinkin of takin the day off tomorrow and getting as much cramming in as I can before the exams. (they start tuesday)
    Reckon its a bad idea? No?Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Jammyc wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wonderin, Im thinkin of takin the day off tomorrow and getting as much cramming in as I can before the exams. (they start tuesday)
    Reckon its a bad idea? No?Yes?

Honestly ask yourself if you'll actually do more work at home than school and then homework/study after school?
    If you can then all the more power to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

one down... 9 more to go...

had english paper 1 today, was fine, like the essay, just didnt like the choices for the part b's in the comprehensions.

Maths Paper 1 was an absolute disaster. It shouldn't have been, I had seen all the questions before (not the actual mock paper, but the types of questions, if you get me) but all the answers were weird and long and difficult and just blaaaaaaahhh!

If I get the marks for my pathetic attempts at the part (A)'s (Don't even talk to me about the rest, ugghhhh), I'll be lucky....

English Paper 1 and Maths Paper 2 tomorrow. ENglish should be grand, I mean it all depends on what comes up but it should be fine. If Paper one was anything to go by, I'll run out in the middle of maths paper two screaming with frustration. Oh the joys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Maths Paper 1:

Almost every question was trying to trick you/trip you up in some way. Also some of the questions took too long for what they were worth. I don't think it's right to have the (b) part be as hard as the (c) part, or even harder.

The paper seemed to focus too much on applying tricky bits to each question rather than just a handful of them.

I attempted all but one question because I hadn't covered it. I know I made a balls of Q8(c). Would have loved to have been allowed do it again but they decided they weren't going to give us the 5 minutes even though it started 5 minutes later than it should have.

Also my first booklet had a load of pages torn out as there was only 6 pages in it.

Did it have to snow during the mocks. Why not during a school day with double French! I WOULD HAVE HAD AN EXCUSE! D:

EDIT:
    Forgot my +c in Q8, OH FOR **** SAKE GOD****INGDAMMIT********BOLLOCKS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

are ye talking about higher or ordinary maths?

anyway my mocks were meant to start tomorrow, postponed until at least wednesday cos of the snow!:D yeaah

are ye talking about higher or ordinary maths?

anyway my mocks were meant to start tomorrow, postponed until at least wednesday cos of the snow!:D yeaah

I was talking about HL.

Damn sea, stopping the snow. Ughh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm wondering if the Economics mock is going to be overly topical?? anyone know?? i mean, is it just recession recession recession?

my teacher said there's one really topical mock and one that isn't at all, she wouldn't tell us which we're getting though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

This thread is suprisingly quiet... i remeber last year there was loads coming on asking what was on the papers and people replying with literally the entire paper

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement