Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

our mocks dont start till the 13th but for honours irish we were told by our teacher that
    an bhean óg
    was definitely coming up. For honours history it was hinted that the
    gaa and the irb nfluence on it
    would come up. hope that helps people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

history; what the
    GAA
    that is not coming up for sure :p

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

well accounting didn't go too well.. Left straight after, I hate analysing who did what!

English 1 tomorrow, shouldn't be too bad.

My oh so clever mother has mislaid her car keys and a whole loada my notes & my pencil case are in her car :(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

oh joy maths paper one and english paper one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Dante

Anyone else wanna join my failboat? Have done **** all study and I got English paper I tomorrow! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Did English paper 1 today, it was a nice theme and all the questions were fairly straightforward. I just hope the lack of structure isn't completely obvious in my QB and Essay. I thought I was being all clever quiting Voltaire in my functional writing piece, until I found out the girl sitting beside me did all the same questions, and also quoted Voltaire, so that's going to look pretty fishy!

I think I might have messed up the personal essay, I always took to it mean write about yourself. So my essay was all me me me, I I I, My my my. Very self-absorbed. I since found out loads of people did the same essay but just wrote about their take on the particular issue, not the issue in relation to them (which is what I wrote) whoopsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

english paper 1 and maths paper 1 tomorow.
    history wasnt too bad everything i revised came up so id better pass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

english paper 1 and maths paper 1 tomorow.
    history wasnt too bad everything i revised came up so id better pass!!!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

I'm sure you did well, guys. Keep thinking positive. Don't stress over previous exams - keep looking forward!

Great to hear that Ais. Just hope the same works out for me! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

yesterday I had paper 1 and paper 2 with a 15 minutes in between.I felt ill after that ordeal.I'm fairly pleased with it but English is a hard one to call points wise.If anybody wants a heads-up give me a shout.I was supposed to have Irish paper 1,Irish aurals and maths paper1 today but our school is closed because of the snow.Oh well onwards and upwards as they say.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

My school,being the scrooges they are,haven't closed. So I missed Maths Paper 2 and soon enough,I'll have missed Biology. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Had English paper 2 today.
    Wasnt awful! Put me in a decent mood to ehh, 'study' for paper 1 tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Anyone done engineering yet? How'd it go? I'm not too worried about it myself, concentrating more on the practical side of things now 'cos we're re-doing every topic from the closing date of the project to June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Anyone else wanna join my failboat? Have done **** all study and I got English paper I tomorrow! :(

Can I be first mate? I haven't touched an english book.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Jammyc wrote: »
    Had English paper 2 today.
    Wasnt awful! Put me in a decent mood to ehh, 'study' for paper 1 tomorrow! :D

What poets came up on your paper 2?? thanks. put them in a spoiler!

oh and if anybody can let me know about honours Irish paper 1 and 2 when they do them thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Can I be first mate? I haven't touched an english book.

I dont have one :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

I'd just like to say that
    I HAVE ONLY ONE EXAM LEFT HAHAHA
    . :D:D Its Applied maths tho :mad::( X 236!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had maths paper one and geography today

maths was grand... but i did manage somehow to get 7 questions done in just over an hour, so i think it's either a really good sign or a really bad sign... i'm hoping good.

geography... i have never made up so much as i did in that exam, i didn't open my book before so should be interesting to see how i did!

found maths horrible, eng paper1 was lovely though, i had seen a good few of the essey titles already from actually exam papers, and the images were all from the sunday times magazine, nice seeing something familar

chem tomorrow though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

It's paining me not to look at that spoiler Jammyc :(
    I have English paper 2 tomorrow and have done sfa yet. Not looking forward to trying to learn of a heap of crap later!

Today was English Paper 1 and Maths Paper 2.
    English Paper one was grand. I would hate to be the person reading my 14 pages of absolute waffle though...

Maths Paper one was awful, as was expected. Everything I didn't know was there. I hate not knowing formula, when the question would be so easy if you knew it. I also learned a heap of proofs and not one of the ones I knew came up. All in all, maths was a complete shambles. I'm glad I don't have to see another sum for 3ish weeks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

It's paining me not to look at that spoiler Jammyc :(
    I have English paper 2 tomorrow and have done sfa yet. Not looking forward to trying to learn of a heap of crap later!
    Sorry!
    I just kinda realised, I should probably take it down. Ill leave it for 15 mins more and then be rid of it.

sarcastic fairy, wanna say what trig proof came up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Guitarist-JEM

anyone do their music mock exam yet????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ClUeLeSs-Xo

Heya!, my mocks strt nxt week and dus anyone knoe what most schools use DEB or examcraft? Im so ****** for irish and homec....:mad:

Irish 1 tomorow hope i understand the essay

if not im just going to write on all the bad things i can think of because they are generally depressing essays.

maths paper 1 wasnt crazily bad though they did have one question that they said leave in the form w+xi or something but there was no w in the fecking thing!

and english paper 1 was a crazy amount of waffleing.theme of childhood is evil!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Heya!, my mocks strt nxt week and dus anyone knoe what most schools use DEB or examcraft? Im so ****** for irish and homec....:mad:

What a fitting user name you have, so!

The teachers are usually sent on both, and they choose the one that they think is better/ their students are better prepared for/ whatever.
    I got a pretty even mix last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

RE and English 1 tomorrow, my first exams. At least I don't have to do any study for English 1, so I can concentrate on RE tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Irish 1 tomorow hope i understand the essay

if not im just going to write on all the bad things i can think of because they are generally depressing essays.

maths paper 1 wasnt crazily bad though they did have one question that they said leave in the form w+xi or something but there was no w in the fecking thing!

and english paper 1 was a crazy amount of waffleing.theme of childhood is evil!!

W and X are just variables meaning they could be any number. All that they were looking for you to do was it leave it in the form of say:

2+3i.

Which is in the form w+xi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

english and maths P1 tomorrow, I'm unbelievably dead for maths, I'll only be able to do the 2 algebra Qs, I can't do anything else! :(

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    W and X are just variables meaning they could be any number. All that they were looking for you to do was it leave it in the form of say:

2+3i.

Which is in the form w+xi.

realllly?:(

it didnt look like the standard question though.ill ask the teacher in the morning

:(:(:(:(:(:(
    just realised how gauranteed a fail i am in irish.
    spent today revising my aistes/dispoireachts and oireads and i cant write any one of them.i also only understand around 4 questions that have come up out of all the years.
    havent looked at any poems or stories except and trial because ive been so focused on not failing history.i really have to consider dropping now.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement