Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I realised last week I'm going to fail about half my subjects, but I've come to terms with it now! doesn't matter just get it together and start doing some work for the real thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 stressedshaz

anyone know whats coming up in geography?:(:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

ENglish paper two over and done with, THANK GOD!

And finally, a paper I don't think I'm about to fail! English went well, everything came up nicely and I could slot in what I'd learned quite nicely! Yay!

Irish papers one and two tomorrow. I can see them going quite badly really. Must go and learn some poems or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Thank **** mine arent till after the mid term!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

hap irish paper 1 and the aural today
    was a disaster... after having done the whole of the first comprehension i still didn't have a clue what it was about... the second one i had a general jist, just because of some of the names mentioned. the essay... well that's a few pages of bullsh*t... i wasn't even sure what the title meant, i understood to of the words and off i went thankfully i think it had something to do with what they were asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

realllly?:(

it didnt look like the standard question though.ill ask the teacher in the morning

:(:(:(:(:(:(
    just realised how gauranteed a fail i am in irish.
    spent today revising my aistes/dispoireachts and oireads and i cant write any one of them.i also only understand around 4 questions that have come up out of all the years.
    havent looked at any poems or stories except and trial because ive been so focused on not failing history.i really have to consider dropping now.:(

You could just get one real number and then the imaginary part would be 0.
    Eg. 2=2+0i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Im finished im finshed
    / Does dance

Whoop Whoop.......

Oh crap im sorry ^^
    I shouldnt rub it in :pac::pac::pac:

:D:D:Dim finished:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Dá mbfheidir dár gcumann
    is meant to be on both papers for Dánta Dualgais breise as well as
    an cearrbhach mac caba and an bhean óg

On the DEB paper i think there is a
    diospoireacht on "an córas sláinte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 flyingpixie

Hey, Just letting yous know that my teacher read the biology paper out to my class, word for word. So, if anyone wants to know what's on it pm me.
    Also, if anyone has already had the home ec, or higher level maths paper would you pm me please!
    Thank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 David Trim

Hey, Just letting yous know that my teacher read the biology paper out to my class, word for word. So, if anyone wants to know what's on it pm me.

Also, if anyone has already had the home ec, or higher level maths paper would you pm me please!

Thank :D
    HI i would be grate full for any help on the biology mock !! please help me !!! i start mine monday !! I would be soo grate full you could mail me on adrian3melvin@yahoo.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I want to make it clear that I am in no way trying to get questions out of anyone, just looking for a little assurance.

Our class has studied, Bishop and Montague fully so far, a little bit of Derek Mahon, and we're just about to finish Keats. Alot of my class has been saying they arent going to study Keats for the actual LC, (Myself included). Our teacher has been dropping hints that Keats might be the only poet that we have studied that will come up. Is there any truth in this?

So would anyone kindly say which poets came up (DO NOT GIVE ME THE Q's PLEASE!) so if I have to, I will prepare another one. (PFM/Piste, if there is a problem with this delete it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Fad wrote: »
    So would anyone kindly say which poets came up (DO NOT GIVE ME THE Q's PLEASE!) so if I have to, I will prepare another one. (PFM/Piste, if there is a problem with this delete it)
    Nah, so long as nobody is exchanging copyrighted material, we don't really care if you cheat in your mocks. We're not your mother (unlike her, we're classy dames).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

For the lc i would take a guess itll be bishop, keats, wallcot and either montague/longley
    In terms of the mocks, bishop keats wallcot, and montague..i think! :D Cant remember if it was montague or longley that was on the paper but you get the gist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

irish 1 today the leamhthuiscints werent too bad but my essay was crap.
    it was on the recession and problems associated with it but i couldnt think of anything so wrote about drink and drugs as people with no jobs and no money need an escape from there depressing lives:P

MODEDIT: Please use spoiler tags if you're referring to specific questions.

maths 1 and english 1. I did alright in english not great, will probably do crap overall with paper 2 and I failed maths, definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

We're not your mother (unlike her, we're classy dames).
    OOOOOooooo!oOOOOOOOo!oooOOOOo!oooOOOo!oO!oo

Whoopish!

:p

and if anybody could tell me what's coming up on art history I would love you forver, especially the european part pweaase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I don't have my mocks until after the mid-term! I found out today that my mock papers are from DEB. I think I have to avoid the Leaving Cert forum for a while. Full of spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

creggy wrote: »
    I don't have my mocks until after the mid-term! I found out today that my mock papers are from DEB. I think I have to avoid the Leaving Cert forum for a while. Full of spoilers!
    This thread should only contain spoilers behind spoiler tags, obviously can't guarantee that, but otherwise, there shouldn't be any talk on the mocks outside of this thread. Of course, getting away from boards will probably help you in your mocks anyway. ; p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

and if anybody could tell me what's coming up on art history I would love you forver, especially the european part pweaase

Pm me
    Edit: thought you ment history not art history so dont bother i dont do it! Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

ok so i have my maths (honours) mock tomorrow and i haven't started studying yet! anybody have any help?

like has anyone done the mock and know whats on it?

Or does anyone know which questions would be the best to leave out? So i dont end up studying a section and then leaving it out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

landyman wrote: »
    Pm me
    Edit: thought you ment history not art history so dont bother i dont do it! Sorry!

you've upset me :(

yeha i found that after i posted it but i didnt know how to move it! :confused:

thanks annyway! :)

factor theorem, alpha and beta making a new quadratic, integration volume of a sphere, area between curve and line, trig first principles

ehm that's all I can think of really but you mighn't even get the same mock anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Anyone know if the pass maths paper is hard?

thanks!!!!

think it might be the paper because she hinted at volumes! I was going to learn the cone though!

:eek:

I have maths paper one tomorrow and i havent started studying

oops.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Mannn , took up geography this year , didn't realise how big the course actually was..

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Or even better could anyone give me some hints on whats coming up in either of the papers?

I'll have the course fully covered by June , but I need to keep my parents happy for the mean time. Any help appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I have maths paper one tomorrow and i havent started studying

oops.:eek:

I thought I was the only one that had this technique of studying. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement