Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

*Sigh* Your all lucky doing your mocks now and getting a mid-term. I dont get a midterm instead i get a 6 day week of mocks =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

How'd everyone feel about the Higher Maths. I thought paper 1 was alright, but paper 2... WTF? :mad: Well I got a lot of work to do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

English Paper 1 tomorrow, totally dreading it, I can't write essays for all the tea in China. :(
    My Irish Paper 1 was really good actually,
    essays on the recession and the problems linked to it, another essay choice on the Third World.
    Economics:
    Imperfect competion, capital, short questions on oligopoly, interest rates
    God, I wish I could remember more! Failed it for sure anyway. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

english paper 1 2mrw:( i dont knw my letters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

Had maths paper 1 today was quiet hard!
    intergration u have to derive a volume for a cone, and find the area in between a line and a curve
    .Differenciation was ok.
    Gave us an cubic equation asking us to find 3 real distinct roots and then newton rhapsdon!parametictric equations with t in them as well.

MODEDIT: Please use spoiler tags when referring to specific questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Feel sorry for you all doing your mocks now!

Mine aren't until Febuary 25 (I think)... after the midterm anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Heh, done Physics HL, Section A was easy, Section B was a disaster.

Irish Aural OL was eww

French Aural HL was freaking easy.

English P1 HL, easy enough, got lazy and didn't bother doing the seen poetry.

Got GCD tomorrow, i only know 1 question in section A, 2 in Section B and a half a question in Section B. Our teacher got lazy :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ambergambler

english1 today...meh
    so-so i thought, essay titles were a bit **** imo.. different worlds theme, wtf?
    gaeilge2 tomorrow...should be interesting!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

English One and RE today- I thought my hand was going to fall off! Didn't help that I fecked up the timing, so had an extra half an hour for both papers. I got everything done and all, but I was really paranoid coming out of the exams, i kept thinking I'd missed a question!

I was really pissed off because
    the relationship between the transcendent and the human person
    came up in RE, and I hadn't revised it properly because it was on the LC paper last year! And I was able to regurgitate a history essay for my Qb in English, just wrote about
    partition, linking it with the picture of Gerry Adams and Rev. Ian Paisley.

English Two tomorrow. Stupid English teacher still has my CC essay, and I don't have another copy of it! If I can't get it off him tomorrow morning, I'm going to scream. Especially if it comes up (which I heard it would- not a spoiler, just a rumour).

A gentle reminder, it's just the mocks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Irish paper2 today.I knew what was coming up but i blanked it.I even forgot some key action words.bring on irish1 and the aurals{We have irish aurals and irish1 next week because of the weather}I heard a recsession essay is coming up?I'd assume a 'an tioger celitach thart' should suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

WolfForager , how was Physics HL?

Any hints on whats coming up on section B and in the experiments?

and what the hell is GCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

:rolleyes:

so far

English, good enough, considering it's only ordinary.

Business, ok, the short Q were odd enough
    ...ABQ was a bit of * no comment -_-*
    the other Qs were good enough

Maths ...:(:(:(
    i messed up my algebra Q big time !!
    and Q3..its like WHAT THE HE**!!!!

had paper two today...
    messed up Q4...got odd answers for the circle

maths was overall bad

Home ec, could have done better..-_-
    i didnt't like the paper...

i am halfway thu guys :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Blahh89 wrote: »
    Mannn , took up geography this year , didn't realise how big the course actually was..

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Or even better could anyone give me some hints on whats coming up in either of the papers?

I'll have the course fully covered by June , but I need to keep my parents happy for the mean time. Any help appreciated!

I don't have any tips on what's coming up, but I'll give you a few cramming tips, because I'm nice like that.

Know your essays for the optional unit REALLY well. It's worth 40 marks and so so easy to get full marks in.
    I'm not sure which option you do, but if you do Geoecolgy then write up and learn essays on:
    Soil Characteristics, Soil Formation, An Irish(Brown) Soil.
    A biome you've studied (Under the headings climate, soils, flora, fauna & human interaction)
    Human impact ona named biome (The Sahel region's easy to doo for this one and there's loads of information online, just do a bit of googling. Work under the titles desertification, overgrazing, overcropping, deforestisation, etc).
    You might need more. I've about 8 written up and I have a pretty good idea of them all. The 40 marks go a long way.

___

On an aside, does anyone have any pointers for the patterns and processes in economic activities section? I don't want to know what questions are coming up on the mocks! Just a few general hints on what areas to cover. I haven't done it yet this year, been putting it on the oul' long finger a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Our Irish paper 1 today was postpined cos of the snow \o/. I'd be sitting it right now if it weren't for the crazy weather. I had Maths Paper 1 yesterday and paper 2 today. Paper 1 was nice, I'd be happy if something like that came up in June, though I was made to collect my classes papers at the end of the exam so I couldn't properly finish my integration Q (though I think I remembered my +Cs). Paper 2 today was a bit ugh, they threw something a bit nasty into every question, and there were some bits where I didn't really understand what they were asking us to do. I think paper 2 brought me down a grade or two, but I'm sure I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

i should be doing maths paper 2 right now but the school sent us home because it snowed.blergh.i jsut want to get theese stupid exams done and over with.

had biology this morning if i pass its a miracle!

Blahh89 wrote: »
    WolfForager , how was Physics HL?

Any hints on whats coming up on section B and in the experiments?

and what the hell is GCD?

Physics...
    revise newtons laws, tension, waves, electromagnetics, experiments wise look at sound due to tension, copper sulphate electricity thing (can't think atm).

GCD is Graphics communication design, new name for Technical Drawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Irish papers one and two today. Totally thought I'd fail miserably but the questions were lovely. I wasn't mad about the questions on the honours poem in paper two, and the leamhthuiscints were a bit whaaa'? in paper one, but other than that it was grand :D

Now I'm off til Monday. I need some proper sleep already. I fell asleep mumbling in Irish about stuff I had still to learn off for this morning. Ah the joys of cramming! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

GCD is Graphics communication design, new name for Technical Drawing.

Thecourse is called Design and Communication Graphics (DCG) not gcd

I see.. Ah well, only 4 more months of getting it's name wrong and then i can forget about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

had irish paper 2 today, was horrible... didn't attempt the stair na gaeilge question, we only covered them the 2 days before the mocks and i was out one of them.
    the whole thing was a mess, really have to study for the rest of them

had maths paper 2 aswell, was fine, one or two bits that i wasn't sure of but overall went pretty well... even though we could only do 5 questions cos we haven't done trig or the option yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

Anyone got any tips for the dcg exam.Got it 2moro :eek::eek::eek::eek:

sheehy898 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for the dcg exam.Got it 2moro :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    It's exactly like the sample paper, without the skew lines in section A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

Can anyone tell me what's coming up in Irish paper 2, or even what's likely to come up? I'm completely dreading it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

anyone got any hints for examcraft hl maths paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

It's exactly like the sample paper, without the skew lines in section A
    Was that deb or examcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

hey i have english paper 2 tomorrow and i am going to fail :confused:

anybody wanna give me some hints?

im doing an exam craft paper!

sheehy898 wrote: »
    Was that deb or examcraft.

I don't know, how do i find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

I don't know, how do i find out?

exam craft has a tick on the front of the paper and deb has nothing:)

• Advertisement

I don't see any ticks so this must be deb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement