Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaB!

go over
    bishop and deception in macbeth if your doin them

thanks a million!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

sheehy898 wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips for the dcg exam.Got it 2moro :eek::eek::eek::eek:

DEB DCG higher level exam:
    interpenetration, oblique planes, perspective can't remember the rest, I've seen the paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 <~Nem~>

uuuhhh
    is all mocks the same for evry skul????:confused::confused::confused:
    can any1 help mee!!!
    i need help wid my h/l eng!!!!esp. qus in macbeth???:confused:
    :(:(
    :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

i have the DEB papers

just did irish paper 2
    pros:
    1.cearrbhach mac caba, bhean og and coileach ghleann phadraig
    2. clar sa speir, la bui bealtaine, lig sin i gcathu and fiche blian ag fas with the themes of athas, uaigneas, greann, gra no fuath, oige no seanaois and saol an mhic leinn.

filiocht:
    learn either gealt or faoiseamh a gheobhadsa
    ( tip for an gealt learn the the contrasts in the poem)

and then learn bimse buan ar buairt gach lo with the themes of bron, meas, uaigneas, eadochas, feintrua, briseadh croi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

what about geography ??? anyone done the exam yet ??? any tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Done physics today, not too bad. Just to note, if you are doing ordinary level, examcraft (company with a tick) they forgot to put the formulae on the paper so make sure you say it when you get it. The ord. level lads in my class didnt do anything until the physics teacher came in with about half an hour left! He asked me for one of them so we done a bit of bartering and he gave me one on the Doppler effect!

For guys doing DCG, our teacher read out the paper in class. He dosent want us to fail cos we were focusing on the project. This is exactly what he gave us:
    Sect A:(short Q's)
    Sphere
    Perspective
    Traces/VTH
    Skew boreholes

Sect B (long Q's)
    Skew lines
    Interpenetration
    Trimetric
    These are examcraft. Anybody any ideas what is coming up for examcraft german? Letter, topical thing and grammar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Anyone done the honours chemistry yet?really wouldnt mind a hand with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xsarahxpressx

Anyone know the honours business leaving cert...
    the ABQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Just because you get one company for one exam doesnt mean your going to get the same company for another exam, the teachers choose whatever one they want it =)

Anyway...
    Irish paper 1 ordinary leavel examcraft =
    Fine, you shouldnt really looking for any hints for this, it's honestly grand and if you find trouble in it, i'd be worried..
    But just look over
    Invitations for the letter, in the giota leaunach look over places you might go with a friend ceolchoirm :rolleyes:, cine,a etc...., for the sceal it's fine and the comprehensions were realtively easy

Economics on Tuesday, urgh....
    Anybody know if it's topical or ...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Anyone know the honours business leaving cert...
    the ABQ.

i dunno do i have the same paper as you

but its on
    5 enterprising skills/charastics , legislative method to solve conflicts and a report about that comany's porblems and something about importance of control

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xsarahxpressx

~Candy~ wrote: »
    i dunno do i have the same paper as you

but its on
    5 enterprising skills/charastics , legislative method to solve conflicts and a report about that cowman's porblems and something about importance of control
    merci beaucoup. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

anyone know what experiments are up for the mock??

i reckon the ammonium iron (ii) sulfate titration for june, but our teacher's telling us the mock isn't all that realistic in terms of the experiments that they stuck on...so i'm wondering..:confused::confused:!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Economics on Tuesday, urgh....
    Anybody know if it's topical or ...?
    Getting more and more topical each year.

Keynes Keynes Keynes. I'd be flabbergasted if he didn't pop up.
    Banking System is a sure bet.
    Fiscal/Monetary Policy.

Oh, and how would you solve the recession? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

I saw my history mock paper n i aint due to sit it till next thursday... looks dead easy....... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cat_<3

maths paper 1 any hints :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

english p2 today did **** even though I knew what was coming up. I wrote a grand total of 1 page on
    michael longley
    and I didn't even know the names of any of his poems except one.

Art history failed for sure. if anybody wants to know what's on that I had the examcraft one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

So... tempted... to... highlight... spoilers.

That's it. I have to stay away from this thread before the temptations beats me!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cianjg

anyone know what experiments are up for the mock??

i reckon the ammonium iron (ii) sulfate titration for june, but our teacher's telling us the mock isn't all that realistic in terms of the experiments that they stuck on...so i'm wondering..:confused::confused:!

just did HL chemistry today heres most of what i remember :
    spoiler:
    Q1 was on redox reactions -determination of percentage of hypochlorite in bleach now why you use strach, how to work out the conc. basically the whole expirement. Q2 was on prep. of ethanoic acid, Q3. was on the rates of react exp. with sodium thiosulfate and hcl (the one where you wait till you cant see the "x" at the bottom of the flask anymore

the rest of the questions are fairly easy
    spoiler:
    Know about atomic radius and first ionisation energys, ketones, and also about octane numbers
    theres a good deal more but that should help if you get them same paper :D

=]™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Anto, I know you're reading this just so you know, you sly fox.

Need tip offs for Geography lads, that's one sick paper. Economics too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭k8hm

I saw my history mock paper n i aint due to sit it till next thursday... looks dead easy....... :cool:

any particular topics please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

bythewoods wrote: »
    So... tempted... to... highlight... spoilers.

That's it. I have to stay away from this thread before the temptations beats me!

Im kinda tempted too, English, I truely couldn't care less, but any other subject, I nearly highlighted the Chem Paper ARGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

laura! wrote: »
    i have the DEB papers

just did irish paper 2
    pros:
    1.cearrbhach mac caba, bhean og and coileach ghleann phadraig
    2. clar sa speir, la bui bealtaine, lig sin i gcathu and fiche blian ag fas with the themes of athas, uaigneas, greann, gra no fuath, oige no seanaois and saol an mhic leinn.

filiocht:
    learn either gealt or faoiseamh a gheobhadsa
    ( tip for an gealt learn the the contrasts in the poem)

and then learn bimse buan ar buairt gach lo with the themes of bron, meas, uaigneas, eadochas, feintrua, briseadh croi

higher or ordinary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

Anyone do Geo yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 arthistoryinfo

english p2 today did **** even though I knew what was coming up. I wrote a grand total of 1 page on
    michael longley
    and I didn't even know the names of any of his poems except one.

Art history failed for sure. if anybody wants to know what's on that I had the examcraft one

Please Sinead tell me what came up for pre-christian, rennaissance or impressionism.

I have the exam tomorow and its definately examcraft!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 arthistoryinfo

Please, I have the art history exam in the morning! Your reply would be SERIOUSLY appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

Paddy001 wrote: »
    higher or ordinary?

ordinary level irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ted Bundy

xxxsokissmexxx.....

could you tell me the other parts to that eng paper.as in poets, other macbeth q and the comp q's.
    as you can see, im up s**t creek!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Yep, I am so tempted to read the spoilers that apply to me but so far I haven't.

I've looked at the irish ones and I'm jealous because I so could easily do them.. but I don't do Irish this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

Paddy001 wrote: »
    higher or ordinary?
    I've got the two Irish papers from two different companies. They were dead easy. I'm a 5th year and my teacher gave them to us after the lads finished with their mocks.
    Sinead's already given the question of my first OL company's test.
    The second OL is
    Get back to your fckuing studying and quit pretending, you're not cheating.
    Grrrr you. Get cracking on the books now!!

Nobody but one lad in our school had anything on
    STUDY HARDER
    planned out. Betcha he got an A.

I couldn't believe that the higher level question was the same for both companies.
    Won't it be tough in June without a fair idea of you would fare in a proper unseen exam? The mocks are there to give yourselves a clue. To the rest of ye who've already done your exams good luck!! Hope I've helped someone with these messages. If you gave into the spoilers leave thanks. Admit it.

If I sat either of the HL papers I don't think I would've got a good grade even though I went to a gaelscoil for 8 years. Some people, I tell ya.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wow the above post was really clever :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement