Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

I've got the two Irish papers from two different companies. They were dead easy. I'm a 5th year and my teacher gave them to us after the lads finished with their mocks.
    Sinead's already given the question of my first OL company's test.
    The second OL is
    Get back to your fckuing studying and quit pretending, you're not cheating.
    Grrrr you. Get cracking on the books now!!

Nobody but one lad in our school had anything on
    STUDY HARDER
    planned out. Betcha he got an A.

I couldn't believe that the higher level question was the same for both companies.
    Won't it be tough in June without a fair idea of you would fare in a proper unseen exam? The mocks are there to give yourselves a clue. To the rest of ye who've already done your exams good luck!! Hope I've helped someone with these messages. If you gave into the spoilers leave thanks. Admit it.

If I sat either of the HL papers I don't think I would've got a good grade even though I went to a gaelscoil for 8 years. Some people, I tell ya.:rolleyes:

Wow original. Right I'll bite then.

Just because you know what's coming up on the test doesn't by any means mean that you're going to get an A, you still need to put in the work for the respective questions. Maybe knowing what's coming up is the only way some people will get motivated for these tests. Mocks are there to get you used to time keeping nothing more, nothing less.

You're trying to tell me the mocks are a fair reflection on how the leaving cert will go 4 months away? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

So so happy!!
    cúlú
    came up for the Irish essay, and I had it pretty much learned off. The comprehensions were pretty easy too. Yay, whole weekend off now :P!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I've got the two Irish papers from two different companies. They were dead easy. I'm a 5th year and my teacher gave them to us after the lads finished with their mocks.
    Sinead's already given the question of my first OL company's test.
    The second OL is
    Get back to your fckuing studying and quit pretending, you're not cheating.
    Grrrr you. Get cracking on the books now!!

Nobody but one lad in our school had anything on
    STUDY HARDER
    planned out. Betcha he got an A.

I couldn't believe that the higher level question was the same for both companies.
    Won't it be tough in June without a fair idea of you would fare in a proper unseen exam? The mocks are there to give yourselves a clue. To the rest of ye who've already done your exams good luck!! Hope I've helped someone with these messages. If you gave into the spoilers leave thanks. Admit it.

If I sat either of the HL papers I don't think I would've got a good grade even though I went to a gaelscoil for 8 years. Some people, I tell ya.:rolleyes:

If you've nothing constructive to add to this thread than don't bother posting. Some people want to know what's coming up, others don't, this thread exists so those two groups can post in harmony, it's entirely someone's decision as to whether they want to find out in advance what's on the papers and you belittling them is adding nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Just because you get one company for one exam doesnt mean your going to get the same company for another exam, the teachers choose whatever one they want it =)

Thats not true. Its more than likely one of the teachers that is over the exams in the school that decides where they get the mock papers. Is in ours anyway. ( Its actually a post in d school so the teacher gets paid for it aswell. He organises all the house exams aswell. ) Do you honestly think that he is going to be messing around, sending papers to different mock exam companies just because the teacher wants one over the other, when they don't get to see it anyway.... Think about it man, Its whoever is cheapest! Im finished now (except DCG) and all have been examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

When I did my mocks last year some papers came from different companies, because my teachers knew which companies were better for what subjects, I presume... Just because your school does it one way doesn't mean everyone else does it similarly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Delta Kilo wrote: »
    Thats not true. Its more than likely one of the teachers that is over the exams in the school that decides where they get the mock papers. Is in ours anyway. ( Its actually a post in d school so the teacher gets paid for it aswell. He organises all the house exams aswell. ) Do you honestly think that he is going to be messing around, sending papers to different mock exam companies just because the teacher wants one over the other, when they don't get to see it anyway.... Think about it man, Its whoever is cheapest! Im finished now (except DCG) and all have been examcraft

In the school I teach in the teacher with responsibility for the mocks gets in samples of papers from both companies. She gives them to the teachers and posts a price list. Each teacher chooses whichever exam they want, collects the money, and sends it away with the completed exam scripts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Delta Kilo wrote: »

Most schools would decide which company to use, on a department by department basis. Examcraft might do a Physics mock with the perfect difficultly level, but then their Chem one will be absolute shíte, think the Chem teacher will be happy with a substandard paper? Doubtful, they'll go for the other one if its an improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tea-spoon

Any ideas whats coming/came up? Im doin the DEB mocks.. Im ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

tea-spoon wrote: »
    Any ideas whats coming/came up? Im doin the DEB mocks.. Im ****ed
    Cash Budgeting and Manufacturing
    will probably be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

The school was supposedly closed due to weather conditions today.

So...when am I going to sit the French and History papers? Mad, completely. (zomg deh offbbq)

Also I didn't like the way they deliberately mumbled the answers in the Irish aural. Everything was clear as day then "ach nímhurhurhauhr go mach!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

HL chemistry and home ec anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Yere all lucky yere schools closed, mines still open. Hopefully some freak storm will destroy the school over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 andy2854

hated my leaving cert but also loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ahhhhh weekend :D

Didn't study fook all, but...

English Papers 1 & 2 went fairly well except in Paper 2 I ran outa time and didn't get started on the "prescribed" poetry :(

Irish Paper 2 was shocking and Paper 1 was grand tbh, but my essay could have been better!

Maths Paper 1 was unreal, done fairly bad :(

Roll on mid-term I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

andy2854 wrote: »
    hated my leaving cert but also loved it

Explain? :D

Ahhhhh weekend :D

Didn't study fook all, but...

English Papers 1 & 2 went fairly well except in Paper 2 I ran outa time and didn't get started on the "prescribed" poetry :(

Irish Paper 2 was shocking and Paper 1 was grand tbh, but my essay could have been better!

Maths Paper 1 was unreal, done fairly bad
    :(

Roll on mid-term I say!

Here, here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xprincessashx

Did anyone get an essay title for HL Gaeilge that wasn't on the recession? Like was there a general essay where you could write about a few things?

Also HL Biology, History, Spanish and English...any tips would be great :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I've just had Maths 1 (the one with the tick on the front page, forget which company that means) and English 2 (devoid of said tick).

Both went quite well considering, hard slog starts on Monday though when we start getting 2 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Only 2 left now, physics and dcg on wednesday and thursday morning! Only 6 hours of school next week! Yeh! :D

Also have english 2 to do after midterm cause it was cancelled because of the fricken snow day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

Just had the mock listening in Irish today...

It was examcraft... very easy we all thought... some people caught out on
    the word "ceardlann" for "workshop" and the craziness of northerner Tadhg in Cuid B, Comhrá 3,
    but other than that very straightforward.

Anyone know if recession essay in coming up on the examcraft paper one or the dbs?

EDIT: Please use spoilers when maknig reference to specific questions- Piste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

cianjg wrote: »
    just did HL chemistry today heres most of what i remember :
    spoiler:
    Q1 was on redox reactions -determination of percentage of hypochlorite in bleach now why you use strach, how to work out the conc. basically the whole expirement. Q2 was on prep. of ethanoic acid, Q3. was on the rates of react exp. with sodium thiosulfate and hcl (the one where you wait till you cant see the "x" at the bottom of the flask anymore

the rest of the questions are fairly easy
    spoiler:
    Know about atomic radius and first ionisation energys, ketones, and also about octane numbers
    theres a good deal more but that should help if you get them same paper :D

=]™

Thanks for that!! :D

Just had the mock listening in Irish today...

It was examcraft... very easy we all thought... some people caught out on
    the word "ceardlann" for "workshop" and the craziness of northerner Tadhg in Cuid B, Comhrá 3,
    but other than that very straightforward.

Anyone know if recession essay in coming up on the examcraft paper one or the dbs?

Tadhg! The bane of my life! Was it just me or was that cluaistuiscint more Donegal-flavoured than most?

EDIT: Gah! Had to edit in even MORE spoilers!- Piste

Yeah I thought the Irish listening was very Donegal-Flavoured.
    I couldn't understand ha;f of what Tadgh was saying

See what I did there? I used spoilers when I was referring to a specific question, WATCH AND LEARN!

I'm deeply apologetic. It never occurred to me that canúints were considered spoilers.

Nope it wasn't your post you just quoted the guy who hadn't put spoilers in his post, you quoted it just before I edited it so the spoilers didn't show and I had to edit them in.

Anyone know whats the composing questions on the mock without
    Kirsten Dunst
    in one of the comprehensions? The composing qs for the mock with her on it, start off with
    "I couldve been anything....curator...etc"

I got the other mock. I can't remember all the titles, but the one I did was
    The importance of Imagination
    as a personal essay

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Anyone do the DEB German paper yet? If so, how did it go??:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Piste wrote: »
    I got the other mock. I can't remember all the titles, but the one I did was
    The importance of Imagination
    as a personal essay

think had the same paper but i did the
    modern fairytale
    essay.not a bad paper but i didnt really like it.

if anyones done the examcraft higher irish paper 2 could they let me know how it was?
    have it on monday and i havent a clue.hope the an trial question is ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

Im gonna assume nearly no one can answer this but ,the classics studies mock ?has anyone done it yet ?my school has the same as 3 other schools apparently im assuming one of them in Gonzaga College

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement