Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister Ahern read this article!

Options
  • 25-01-2009 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

“It’s new and has never been used. It’s a clean gun,” said the underworld arms dealer, as he handled the .357 Magnum revolver that he was offering to sell.
    “This baby will set you back a few grand. If you want something different or more powerful, I can get you an AK-47, or a machine-gun pistol, but it will take time. There are a few AKs knocking about, but these will cost more and attract a lot of attention if found by the police.”
    The asking price for the stainless steel revolver, one of the most powerful handguns available and similar to the weapon used to kill two men in Dublin earlier this month, was €4,000. The ammunition came free

The variety of weapons on sale is extensive and includes handguns, machine-gun pistols, semi-automatic weapons and shotguns, as well as pistols and replica firearms

Times online

Just goes to show the pointlessness of Aherns proposed handgun ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I believe that at this stage anyone with a normal level of inteligence knows that the legal arms trade and the legal possession of firearms has no connection with the illegal weapons trade and possession. To be honest we have to admit that a few formerly legally held firearms end up in the criminal circuit every once in a while but in the total context of what's going on in Ireland at the moment this is less than a drop in the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I believe that at this stage anyone with a normal level of inteligence

Unfortunately a 'normal level of intelligence' is not a prerequisite to becoming a government minister.........;)

Advertisement