Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All-Ireland "Worst Comms Minister" Award

Options
  • 25-01-2009 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭

Vote now!

Interestingly, when looking up the "communications" department website, guess what I got when clicking on Ryan's name?

Can't make this **** up.....

Who's the worst? 33 votes

92 - Maire Go-Go Quinn
    0% 0 votes
    93 - Charlie McCreevy
    3% 1 vote
    93-94 - Brian Cowen
    6% 2 votes
    94-96 - Michael Lowry
    6% 2 votes
    96 - Jawn Brutal
    3% 1 vote
    96-97 - Alan Dukes
    3% 1 vote
    97-2002 - Mary "promises" O'Rourke
    3% 1 vote
    2002 - Dermot Ahern
    30% 10 votes
    2004 - Noel Dempsey
    21% 7 votes
    The current Wood Pellets Genius.
    24% 8 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your link is broken

Funny thing is people will vote for most recent minister, my vote goes for
    2002 - Dermot Ahern
    or
    2004 - Noel Dempsey

If this thread is just about three getting the NBS then we already have threads on it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

From March 2004
    http://broadband.oireachtas.ie/Chapter02.htm

We needed to be putting our house in order years ago. By 2003 it was well known what needed to be done.

The current Minister has inherited 10 years of inaction, lack of regulation and lack of vision. Bicycle lanes, wood stoves, light bulbs and Insulation consultant scams take up all his attention. Hence my 1st choice is 2002 - Dermot Ahern. However none are stellar in this area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Why isn't "Wood Pellets Genius" winning? :mad:

</rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Cabaal wrote: »
    Your link is broken

Nope, that's the error message the DCMNR website gave me when I attempted to look up Mr. Ryan. I found it somewhat ironic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Got to be O'rourke for my money - she had the brief at exactly the right point in the boom times, held it for a long time, and could have saved a good solid 10 years of grief for telecoms in this country by introducing ducting requirements and FTTH for new construction, enforcing a proper LLU, and preventing the existance of ComReg. Instead she sat on her fat arse and did nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mary Mary of course, 5 years at the critical point of teleco development.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Dermot Ahern was easily the best in the past 10 years . He had very little competition in fairness .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Dermot Ahern was easily the best in the past 10 years . He had very little competition in fairness .

+1

The introduction of FRIACO by him (pushed by IOFFL and resisted by Comreg and Eircom) was one of the most important steps in the development of BB of any sort here in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ahern actually grasped the key issues and DID something .

neither Dempsey or Ryan have issued a ministerial directive under the comms act 2002 as they are entitled to do , nor have they sanctioned Comreg for ignoring still standing directives from Ahern to Comreg .

Advertisement