Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US bombs Pakistan

Options
  • 25-01-2009 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

At least 19 people have been killed in two missile attacks by suspected US drones flying over northwest Pakistan

Al Jazeera's correspondent in Pakistan, Kamal Hyder, said: "The attacks are the first since President Barack Obama took office and announced his special envoy for Afghanistan and Pakistan and, more importantly, on the eve of tribal chieftains meeting the president of Pakistan."
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2009/01/2009123144715473921.html
    Asif Ali Zardari, the Pakistani president, has called on Barack Obama, his US counterpart, to end American missile attacks in South Asian nation's tribal border regions with Afghanistan.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2009/01/2009124203957198804.html

napalm burns the little children
    all the children of the world
    red and yellow, black and white
    they're the same when they ignite
    napalm burns the little children of the world

NO WAR

Comments

Were they civilians?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Matt Holck

Eight alleged foreign fighters, including one aligned with al-Qaeda, were killed with 14 other people in a double strike in the Waziristan area on Friday, according to Pakistani security officials.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2009/01/2009124203957198804.html

I think others count as civilians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

I love the fact that Al Queda isn't even a paramiltary organisation.Its basically the name for any muslim terrorist group.Al Queda was more an ideology than a group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Obomba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I love the fact that Al Queda isn't even a paramiltary organisation.Its basically the name for any muslim terrorist group.Al Queda was more an ideology than a group.

It "Justifies" killing people when you say they are Al Queda millitants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The US is bombing some where, it must be a Monday!!!

Anyway, to be serious, the current Pakistani government is probably complicit in this some how. Sadly, the Pakistani Peoples Party, who are in power, are a largely secular party, and these attacks, could back fire and the Pakistani public may vote in religous parties, who will take a hard line against these attacks. In fact, it would not surprise me if this happened, as when people feel there under attack, they tend to get fiercly jingoistic and will vote in whoever will take the hardest line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OP, if you have some actual opinion, please come PM me and I'll reopen and allow you to post it.

Otherwise, we're not a newsfeed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement