Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top menu -> Sports

Options
  • 25-01-2009 12:26pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just noticed it today for the first time but now when I click on "sports" on the top menu the drop-down menu appears with a sidebar.

It's not very important but I don't think the sidebar looks all that professional and thought that it may be possible to group certain forums as was done for the games category just to avoid the sidebar ?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Got a screenshot? I'm not sure what you mean.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

sidebar.jpg

FF & IE 1280 x 800

Again, not all that important and maybe like that for years without me ever noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ah. Simply from the top of the page to the bottom of the dropdown it's 700px roughly. Add the height of the status bar and your browser bar on the top of the browser and you may struggle to fit all of that onto your 800px high screen.

Get a bigger monitor!

Yeah, it may be an idea to group them as 700px for the dropdown is quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Might be a good time to bump this thread because some good suggestions were made.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Aye badly need to be grouped - quite difficult to navigate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

How difficult is it to navigate a vertical, alphabetical listing of sports?

I don't think adding sub-menus for balls sports, watersports, crap sports etc will make anything easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Dades wrote: »
    How difficult is it to navigate a vertical, alphabetical listing of sports?

I don't think adding sub-menus for balls sports, watersports, crap sports etc will make anything easier.

I used to think that. The re-organisation of Biz and Games converted me though.

Sub-sub-grouping ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Not sure you could have such clear "genres" in Sports as in games. Sub menus will lead to stuff not being seen / found, posts in wrong forums...

It'll all end in tears, mark my words :)

Possible groups:

Dangerous Sports:
    Shooting
    Airsoft
    Archery

Not Dangerous Sports:
    All others

That should do it ;)

Advertisement