Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

chorus UPC vs SKY

• 25-01-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi folks

I coughed up for a 40" Samsung HD Ready LCD over the christmas. I have ChorusUPC didital TV in Limerick. I'm using a scart to connect it up, but i have to say I'm faily dissappointed by the picture quality when watching TV.

I've read on other threads about it being down to the fact that the picture is being scaled up or stretched to fit the larger screen. I've also read somewhere that the Sky signal is supposed to be better than the chorus signal. Am I imagining things or are some channels worse quality than others? Setanta seems to be terrible quality when watching football, there is a dreadful lack of clarity almost to the point where the white lines on the pitch are clearly pixelated and jagged when the camera moves past quickly. This is pissing me off I have to say!

Is the Sky signal any better? Anyone got chorus digital on a 40" HD Ready LCD, whats the quality like?

Is it more likely that there is something wrong with my setup(I'm a relative newbie)

thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

I had both at one stage on my 43" Pioneer and NTL s*cked big time. So for me Sky is superior and yes even on Sky some channels are better than others!

If you want to change the settings on your tv it might help the picture. Have a look on www.avforums.com. Search for your tv make and model, most times you will find different settings to try which may help!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

aha! so it's not just me then

I'll check out avforums. thanks for your post

Advertisement