Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Bank - Help!

Options
  • 25-01-2009 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Has anyone else had the following experience and if so, how did they deal with it.

On Friday afternoon I went to my local branch of my bank and lodged (i) a cheque for 9,000 to my business client account and (ii) 150 cash to my own personal account. I did the transaction at the desk and got receipts for both - I did not do a quicklodge. The account details were correct on both receipt slips.

The money is still not showing as being posted to either account and this never happens with this particular bank. I telephoned both the business and personal telephone banking lines and they said they could see no record of the transactions at all. They basically took a defensive attitude with me and wouldn't commit to any course of action as to how this could be fixed.

Surely their cash and cheque lodgements would have been out of whack at the day's end? I'm completely freaking out now and it is totally unacceptable on the part of the bank.

What does anyone think.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gangu

Has anyone else had the following experience and if so, how did they deal with it.

On Friday afternoon I went to my local branch of my bank and lodged (i) a cheque for 9,000 to my business client account and (ii) 150 cash to my own personal account. I did the transaction at the desk and got receipts for both - I did not do a quicklodge. The account details were correct on both receipt slips.

The money is still not showing as being posted to either account and this never happens with this particular bank. I telephoned both the business and personal telephone banking lines and they said they could see no record of the transactions at all. They basically took a defensive attitude with me and wouldn't commit to any course of action as to how this could be fixed.

Surely their cash and cheque lodgements would have been out of whack at the day's end? I'm completely freaking out now and it is totally unacceptable on the part of the bank.

What does anyone think.

Thanks.

We had a similar problem recently, exacerbated by the fact that the person lodging did not keep receipts. You have your receipts however, so I would suggest you ask to speak to a manager in the branch where you have an account, reference the receipt numbers and look for assistance. If you get blanked mention moving banks and getting legal about it, and also request details of their formal complaint process. It tend to focus their minds and also, once a paper trail starts, they will have to deal with it. Good luck and come back and tell us what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You lodged a cheque on a friday, it's sunday, it takes 3-5 working days for a cheque to clear, not all cheques come up on the system immediately. Some accounts do. The till would have been over by 150, they would cross check this with all their paper trails and dockets. See where it went wrong, I wouldn't worry about it but do go into the same bank branch and talk to them about it. Cash should have been in immediately but it happens that it is lodged into a differant account. I cannot think of much more at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fliptzer

I had a similar problem and after complaing for over a week the bank called and apologised saying they'd mislaid my lodgements.

Typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Moved to Banking

Advertisement