Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hows is WAR these days?

• 25-01-2009 2:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,im just wondering how the game is going these days?

I left after the free month that came with the game mainly because i realised nobody was playing the pve element of the game.

Pretty much the only thing happening in the game was the rvr scenarios and that was pretty much that stupid lave map over and over.

While i loved my little shaman and the combat system of the game i just got bored of the constant scenarios,i simply could not find people to do public quests with.

Have things changed folks?
    While i do enjoy the scenarios anf the rvr id like to see more of the pve in the game.
    Are thee any pve raids these days?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks,im just wondering how the game is going these days?

I left after the free month that came with the game mainly because i realised nobody was playing the pve element of the game.

Pretty much the only thing happening in the game was the rvr scenarios and that was pretty much that stupid lave map over and over.

While i loved my little shaman and the combat system of the game i just got bored of the constant scenarios,i simply could not find people to do public quests with.

Have things changed folks?
    While i do enjoy the scenarios anf the rvr id like to see more of the pve in the game.
    Are thee any pve raids these days?

Depends on the server a bit still. There's been several rounds of server transfers which has consolidated the userbase considerably. In the case of Karak Azgal there's pretty much onstant open-rvr fighting these days, including sieges of Altdorg. Fort siege crashes have been pretty much wiped out. The large guild KDS has deleted all their destro toons to roll order instead, leading to a much more balanced population, leading to several fort attacks by order. It's pretty easy to find a group for the high level dungeon runs as well.

Edit: two new classes, black guard and knight of the blazing sun have since been added, with two more, choppa and slayer to come in patch 1.2 soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill probably sub for a month to give it a shot.
    I think my shaman was approaching T4 as was my sorceress.

Thanks Spear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dcully wrote: »
    Ill probably sub for a month to give it a shot.
    I think my shaman was approaching T4 as was my sorceress.

Thanks Spear

Healers on the destro side are in short supply and are a recruiting priority for guilds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sweet, i think my shaman is rank 28 , also got them other healer class on destro at rank 24 or so [cant remember name :) the freaky dude holding the skull ]

Just subbed for a month, updating now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

The game is alive and kicking at the moment, alot of my guild members quit a few months ago and are back due to Mythics thought on feedback and changing what is needed. I'm enjoying the game alot more over the past month. WWWAARRRRR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just got to T4 myself and am enjoying it lots. Here's hoping for positive stuff from today's announcement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Jim wrote: »
    Just got to T4 myself and am enjoying it lots. Here's hoping for positive stuff from today's announcement.
    i haven't been on in a month :(

what server are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Mirror wrote: »
    i haven't been on in a month :(

what server are you on?
    Karak Hirn, have a 31 DoK. Have random lowbies on other servers as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Do characters change now? ie: grow in height, beards etc.

The only reason I quit was because all the other chosen npc's were taller than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Jim wrote: »
    Karak Hirn, have a 31 DoK. Have random lowbies on other servers as well.
    aha, 31 WE on Karak Norn. i miss her :'(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I liked my engineer but the pvp felt like being forced to play Team Fortress with idiots, forever. The servers felt empty when doing PVE and often it wasnt possible to proceed for lack of a group. My mates guild were the first to supress The Eternal City (amazingly) and were rewarded with... wait for it.... a few gold bags. They were not impressed.

I still hanker after it but I've been consumed by Lotro which is ALL about the questing...
    Horses for courses imho...

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    I liked my engineer but the pvp felt like being forced to play Team Fortress with idiots, forever. The servers felt empty when doing PVE and often it wasnt possible to proceed for lack of a group. My mates guild were the first to supress The Eternal City (amazingly) and were rewarded with... wait for it.... a few gold bags. They were not impressed.

I still hanker after it but I've been consumed by Lotro which is ALL about the questing...
    Horses for courses imho...

DeV.

Gold bags from the city siege PQ's give high level set gear such as invader pieces, hardly a trash reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

Well for me and my partner the experience was like a rollercoaster...

Following the mad activity after launch, with queues on servers, there was a decided lull in activity. We had some Order characters on Burlok (roleplay) and some Destro on Karag Dron. This was a pretty uneventful time, we had trouble finding other people on the servers for a good few weeks, and we thought of quitting ourselves.

Thank goodness we didn't!

Three events turned our game experience around for the better: 1) server transfers 2) joining a friendly casual guild and 3) the first live event.

Burlok became one of the target servers for transfers, and all of a sudden the world looked busier. Scenarios popped, you could rally people for PQs or questing, and nowadays it's rarely a problem finding RVR action in all tiers. We joined Stout n Sturdy on Burlok, and to be with their Destro side Smelly n Scary on Karak-Hirn we transferred our baddie chars over there. Our guild plays 95% on Burlok, but we have a destro night tonight!

What can I say, the game is rocking for us now. We have TONS of fun. We organise a few fun events a week in our guild, and often end up rushing through the RVR, which is immensely satisfying.

My advice is if you're not enjoying WAR, do a little homework and find an active guild that suits you on a server that suits you, and you're sorted. To me, with all the recent changes and improvements, WAR is pretty close to how an MMORPG should be like.

If anyone wants to hook up with us give us a shout - we're on most nights :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ABE

mm am also thinking of giving it another look.

nothing guild wise just mostly open rvr etc and fun play when i have the chance.

ABE wrote: »
    mm am also thinking of giving it another look.

nothing guild wise just mostly open rvr etc and fun play when i have the chance.

GOA still haven't sorted the free trials in the EU out yet, whereas Mythic have moved forward and free ones are available straight off Fileplanet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

They really need to get their ass in gear, I'd be tempted to try the game out again.
    But not so tempted that I'm willing to pay for it :D

Advertisement