Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

name showing when not even logged in?

Options
  • 25-01-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

Not really a problem but curious.

My name is showing as viewing a forum yet i wasnt logged in. I did it several times to make sure and yet there i am.

Is there a time delay or something because i was on earlier alright but i noticed this when i first click on boards and havent even had a chance to log in.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah, there's about a ten or 15 minute delay. You can close your browser down but the stat will say you are looking at the last page you were looking at. This is so that the read/unread fora/posts aren't unaffected if you take ages reading a certain post/thread afiau.

Unless you mean that you physically logged out and then saw yourself viewing a forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Gordon wrote: »
    Yeah, there's about a ten or 15 minute delay. You can close your browser down but the stat will say you are looking at the last page you were looking at. This is so that the read/unread fora/posts aren't unaffected if you take ages reading a certain post/thread afiau.

Unless you mean that you physically logged out and then saw yourself viewing a forum?

No i was away from boards for a while doing other stuff and when i clicked onto boards i noticed i saw my name as viewing a forum but i wasnt logged in. i clicked out and in again a few times and i was still there however my name was not at the start of the list as it appears when i am logged in, it was as how others would see it. Know what i mean?

Advertisement