Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

merc 350 sl.

• 25-01-2009 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Any interest out there on these classics ? A friend of mine has one which he is no longer interested in . Its a 75 and is well rusted but has all the parts and a good engine. Is there a lot of interest in these ?:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

A rusty one will be worth very little, as the cost of restoring it will far exceed the price of a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yeah, am aware of that and that is why he has decided to break it. However there must be a few restoration projects out there . Lovely v8 engine with autobox on this one, pretty new soft top and hard top, all chromes , lights , lenses etc. Not easy to source this kind of stuff in Ireland.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What are the bumpers like??

Rear bumper is perfect, front one :pac:is off the car at the moment but is intact.

Would he sell them on their own I might be interested, where is it located?

• Advertisement

Yes, will do, car is in Limerick, see abandoned classics thread. pm me if you need details.;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I presume it's the one in this pic. :)

Sure it's a 350? They don't look like the original wheels.
    The bumpers look okay, though.

I have one but the only thing I might be interested in are the sun visors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Looks like a 380 or a 500, doesn't it?

Yes it is definitely a 350 , cannot vouch for the originality of the alloys , however they are also in good nick...;) Quite a bit of interest , if you want any parts , I suggest you don't delay. Not many of these breaking in Ireland. Just need the space at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

any interior left in it?

• Advertisement

Yeah all is still there, have pmd you re it. All seems okay.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭gdev77

what colour is the interior. whats the sunvisors like

Are the headlamps in good condition?

Both sunvisors are on the car as are the headlights. Both are okay, have a few enquiries so cant be sure they will be still there the weekend. Have pmd you with my nbr.

I have a black interior, so unfortunately the blue sunvisors won't work. Have you pictures of the headlamps?
    Cheers

Pic of headlights and car under aderverts.ie motor parts/accesories, mercedes 350sl:)

Shawnee

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

shawnee wrote: »
    Pic of headlights and car under aderverts.ie motor parts/accesories, mercedes 350sl:)
    Link to page on adverts here.

I see you've optimistically described the condition as "excellent"... :D

Afraid I've decided the only thing I'm spending on my SL this year is soapy water to wash it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

gdev77 wrote: »
    I have a black interior, so unfortunately the blue sunvisors won't work. Have you pictures of the headlamps?
    Cheers

.......just so you know the vinyl can be dyed very easily, about €15/per can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

MercMad wrote: »
    shhhhhhh...........i need those visors [and everything else]:(

• Advertisement

hey,
    how much are you looking for the sun visors?
    g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

Really?

Can the same be said for plastic?

Yeah excellent seems to be the ''default'' . However I'm sure reading the desccription and that the car is breaking, the message is pretty clear.:D However so far buyers have been very happy with what they've got. And as they say in retail... when they're gone they're gone...:)

maidhc wrote: »
    Really?

Can the same be said for plastic?

.............it dsepends on what type of plastic, but most interior car parts (plastic/vinyl/leather) can be either dyed or sprayed with the proper paint.

Hi Villan , that merc looks well with the snow as a hard top... Hope to see it complete when bumpers etc are fitted. Lovely colour and will look well when the sun shines and the bees are buzzing !!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

.............it dsepends on what type of plastic, but most interior car parts (plastic/vinyl/leather) can be either dyed or sprayed with the proper paint.
    I dyed the interior of my 250CE with this stuff. It was fine for doorcards etc but it will wear off anywhere which is subject to a lot of abrasion. It looked great though.

74merc wrote: »
    I dyed the interior of my 250CE with this stuff. It was fine for doorcards etc but it will wear off anywhere which is subject to a lot of abrasion. It looked great though.

............if it was vinyl it can weat off, though there is a primer that can be used. With leather, it should be dyed, therefore stained, so it should be impossible for it to "wear" off !

Does your 250CE have Tex leather ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭74merc

Hi Ben,
    the seats are covered in MB-Tex. I used to go to the meetings in Dublin when they were held over by the airport, so you may remember the car. It's a white 250CE with a tan interior (now red). I bought all the stuff to recolour the interior from Woolies Trim in England. There were 3 products, Vinyl Clean, Vinyl Prep then the colour. I assume that the Vinyl prep was a primer. Although it did start to wear off slightly, it wouldn't be that much hassle to recolour the worn bits.
    Martin

Hi Martin, yes I remember the car, looks like you got all the right bits there.

Would love to see photos of it now, inside and out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement