Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IPF Distinction Fees Due

• 25-01-2009 5:07pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If you have an IPF Distinction then fees are now due.

There is a new fee structure & they all fall due in January now. They have a new Lifetime Fee of €200.

More information here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Not a member of a camera club but now I know why.

You get a distinction for something or other and you pay an annual fee to retain it. Bizarre :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,562 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Covey wrote: »
    Not a member of a camera club but now I know why.

You get a distinction for something or other and you pay an annual fee to retain it. Bizarre :eek:

No different as to how an accountant has to pay an annual fee to his professional body.

It is quite normal.

The distinction is also not required to be a member of a camera club so don't understand your comment!

murpho999 wrote: »
    No different as to how an accountant has to pay an annual fee to his professional body.

Is that not called a membership fee :confused::confused:

I assumed, maybe wrongly, that a distinction was for a body of work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Yeah, was kinda wondering myself what it had to do with boards.

Sounds like you have to pay to have a distinction to prove you can take decent photos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

When you join an affiliated club, you are also joining the IPF.

Going for a distinction is optional & is a way to be assessed by your peers. There is no secret that a fee is attached. If this doesn't suit you then you don't need to participate.

I went for my LIPF last year as it was a goal I set for myself & was glad I did it. It doesn't mean my photo's are better or worse than anyone else's it is just something I decided I would like to try.

There are a few others on here who also have distinctions & have posted this to alert them to the fact that there has been a change in the system.

• Advertisement

To each his own :pac:

Advertisement