Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

balbriggan blazers (basketball)

Options
  • 25-01-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

some time ago there was a basketball team in balbriggan, is there still one ? dose any one know , is there any intrest in basketball in the town any more ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I used to play for Balbriggan Blazers a few years ago. As far as I know they dont play anymore.

I also think that there isnt any teams/clubs in Balbriggan playing Basketball anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭steifanc

so did i !!
    i wonder is there any more intrest ,or where did the strips go. took long egnough to get them !! i havnt seen any thing around about basket ball , but would be intrested in a team again , if for nothing else but fitness. i know there were nets put into the combined clubs hall , but from what i can remember the court was too small

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

At a quick guess I would say the small bearded man has teh jersies. He used to look after tem

it would be intresting to see if there is any intrest in a team any more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 dotnetster

Heya,

Don't think there is a basketball team in Balbriggan. I want to get back playing the game. Anyone interested in organising a game a couple of times a week? We could maybe hire out a hall or something? Am keen to get playing again! Am almost over the hill at 32 (;-) but would still like to shoot a few hoops!

Ross

• Advertisement

i ross,
    id give it a go too

Cool! I'll see if I can get a few others that would be interested. Will report back in the next couple of weeks... Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Could be into this too. Need the excercise!!

heya,

Trying to organize a game of bball in DCU one night a week. Its 60eur to rent the court for an hour, so the more the merrier! Anyone interested? It would just be for fun/fitness, nothing too serious. Its been years since I played, so am a bit rusty (to say the least!).

Anyways, get back to me if y'all are interested.

Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

dotnetster wrote: »
    heya,

Trying to organize a game of bball in DCU one night a week. Its 60eur to rent the court for an hour, so the more the merrier! Anyone interested? It would just be for fun/fitness, nothing too serious. Its been years since I played, so am a bit rusty (to say the least!).

Ross

Bit far to go for people from the Balbriggan area, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭robpurf

dotnetster wrote: »
    heya,

Ross

is there not a basketball court in the combined clubs or you could try gormanston college or clann mhuire gaa in the naul all a lot nearer than dcu

Advertisement