Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littering fine

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

So you dumped some bottles next to a bring bank, they caught you and now you're bulling. Next time, don't dump them there. Simple as. Most people are able to understand that concept.
    Next time just simply avoid these places altogether. One less location for having your movements tracked.

A few years ago the following article would have been material for the CT forum. Now its a reality.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-418631/Now-spy-cameras-rubbish-tips.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Again you are putting words into my mouth. I would agreee with you, that would be litter, however I or the OP never mentioned discarding "Plastic Bottles, Glass, Cans etc on the round beside a Bring Bank" Some are also unmanned 24/7. They should either have them one way or another, Its this type of confusion that causes human error.
    They indiscriminately spat out another one of their automated revenue making bills just like the Westlink.
    Fined for leaving bottles off at the incorrect time at a bottle ctr. What about those that work irregular hours and can't make it during CC times?

This is just as petty as the UK fining OAPs for leaving their wheely bins out on the wrong day.

Geez! The OP did leave his "2 big bags of bottles" at the side of the Bottle Bank.
    95% of such Banks are unmanned (you are thinking of Recycling Centres - this was a Bottle Bank - you know the type you find in a housing estsate, shopping centre carpark etc?). Human Error?? What is it - D'ah I didn't know a nice man wouldn't come and pick up after me!
    Indiscriminate spitting out of fines? It was a legitimate fine for indiscriminate littering. Your West Link comparison is irrelevant but shows your reluctance to pay any levy legally imposed. The UK reference is as out of place as your many previous references to news items in British tabloids.
    The Daily Mail article you refer to elsewhere is correct. These camera are there to catch people breaking recycling and littering laws and good on them for that.
    Look. He littered (didin't realise he did so but ignorance of the law...) he was caught, he was fined. So be it. Why all the moaning?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Geez! The OP did leave his "2 big bags of bottles" at the side of the Bottle Bank.:
    Better there than over the wall at some railway embankment. :rolleyes:
    95% of such Banks are unmanned (you are thinking of Recycling Centres - this was a Bottle Bank - you know the type you find in a housing estsate, shopping center car park etc?). Human Error?? What is it - D'ah I didn't know a nice man wouldn't come and pick up after me!
    We pay dearly for these "nice men" out of our taxes.
    Indiscriminate spitting out of fines? It was a legitimate fine for indiscriminate littering. Your West Link comparison is irrelevant but shows your reluctance to pay any levy legally imposed.
    I have nothing against paying a e3 fee crossing the West link but what I do oppose is the aggressive nature of which the authorities have been sending out summonses and threatening accusations to motorists that could genuinely not work the mess that they created or worse still those that were never even near the place.
    The UK reference is as out of place as your many previous references to news items in British tabloids.
    The Daily Mail article you refer to elsewhere is correct. These camera are there to catch people breaking recycling and littering laws and good on them for that. .
    The Daily Mail is on the button with any of its articles on surveillance. Next thing we will have CCTV out side churches, dart stations, collages and shopping malls to watch out for those that are flouting the law by distributing unauthorized fliers and newspapers, of course you will also say that this is a great idea because it prevents people from breaking the law. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh forget it:rolleyes:

Brick walls come to mind.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

RTDH - I don't want to be the one to break it to you - but there's CCTV everywhere already. The only reason they'd be remotely interested in tracking you is because of the tinfoil hat you're wearing...

• Advertisement
Advertisement