Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan car sales highest in region (but still dire!)

Options
  • 25-01-2009 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

Weird. The majority of new (09) cars in the whole of the north east region have been sold in Cavan. Even though places Louth and Meath have far larger populations, Cavan is well ahead in terms of new cars.

According to the Cavan Echo, there were just 216 new registrations in the north east since January 1 - a shockingly low figure. Anyway, 117 of these were in Cavan. 63% of the new cars are diesel.

Nationally, sales are down 60% compared to January 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Goes to show how much of the Irish economy is stuff into Cavan mattresses.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Goes to show how much of the Irish economy is stuff into Cavan mattresses.... :D
    LOL, that is what I thought too! Hard to believe how few cars have been registered in Louth, given the population of the county. I think they got over 10,000 reg's in the good aul days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

:):P

I think a lot of that was flushed out at the changeover to the euro. But then that was seven years ago.

Advertisement