Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Predictions

• 25-01-2009 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭

There doesn't seem to be a thread yet, so merge please if I've missed it. Thought I'd just throw some predictions out there and see what others think. I'm looking forward to it...I've a funny feeling it's going to be a good one.

30-man Royal Rumble match:
    As much as it seems as though Hunter will win this, what with the Vickie angle, I'm going to predict Randy Orton, with the last 4 as he, Undertaker, Ted DiBiase Jr and HHH. I look forward to seeing Orton each week on Raw, and I think he deserves to headline Mania. Something in me says that they won't merge the JBL/HBK angle with the title, so even if HBK enters at the last minute I think he'd fall short.

WWE champion Jeff Hardy vs. Edge:

Edge to win with the help of the stalker. I don't believe Jeff will go to the Mania with the belt. He might chase it alright, but he won't have it. If this does happen though, it'll make his debut title win a bit of a waste of a big moment.

World heavyweight champion John Cena vs. JBL:

Cena to win and face Orton at Mania. I have very few ideas as to how the HBK angle will play out in this. Something tells me HBK will be caught in two minds, reluctantly help JBL, but Cena will end up winning. It'll be the first night where visible cracks will be seen between HBK and JBL. JBL and Cena may even rematch at NWO with HBK/JBL then coming to a head.

ECW champion Jack Swagger vs. Matt Hardy:
    Not seen much of this, but I've heard decent reports on Swagger. I'm not a fan of really short title runs so I hope Swagger goes over and Matt moves on to other things, on other shows perhaps.

WWE women’s champion Beth Phoenix vs. Melina:
    Couldn't care less....I'll plump for Beth seen as she's by FAR the best wrestler in the division imo and having anyone else as champ right now would make the division even more of a joke.

Here's to a good night! :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd love to watch this live but I've to be up for 7am so I can't, but I'm predicting that SuperHunter will rise again and that all of sports entertainment shall tremble under the weight of his mighty ego!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Nice name, SlickRic! It looks like i'm your roman equivalent!:D

30-man Royal Rumble match:
    My heart goes with Michaels but realistically, he probably won't win it. Still, i'm gonna go with HBK!

Edge to win via outside interferance from Christian (Cage), wonder will they keep the Cage part or not? Should be interesting, can't wait to hear the reaction to Cage when he comes out - that is assuming he does.

Not too sure about this to be honest. If my theory on HBK winning the Rumble is correct (which lets face it, it's probably not), then it's got to be JBL. Otherwise it's Cena all the way.

Swagger - i sure hope so anyway because giving him the belt would be a waste of time if Hardy wins this.

Unlike the OP, i do care who wins this. I reckon this will be a case of Melina coming very close to winning and being screwed over at the end, thus leading to a stipulation match down the line. At least, that's what i'd like to see happen. Might Gail Kim make her debut and get involved in this? Ya never know, she's bound to be starting back one of these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

30 Man Royal Rumble Match
    Winner earns a World Title shot at WrestleMania 25
    - Confirmed names:
    The Undertaker,
    Triple H,
    Big Show,
    Shelton Benjamin,
    Vladimir Kozlov,
    Kane,
    Chris Jericho,
    Randy Orton,
    Rey Mysterio,
    CM Punk,
    Kofi Kingston,
    The Miz,
    John Morrison,
    Finlay,
    Mark Henry,
    Cody Rhodes,
    Ted DiBiase,
    Santino Marella,
    R-Truth,
    Carlito,
    The Brian Kendrick,
    The Great Khali
    Chavo Guerrero.

7 spots remain open

why dont we try to guess who the final 7 will be as well

i goin to go for the following:

HBK (dont know yet how hes goin to get in)
    Jeff Hardy (after losin the title to edge)
    Golddust (i think he will eliminate Cody)
    Christian (that if he returns tonight to help edge) (and jeff at wrestlemania)
    Matt Hardy (after losin his match)
    Umanga (due to return soon)
    kennedy (this is a guess but cant think of no one else only jim duggin:eek:)

yes super hunter to win settin up match with edge at WM 25

Edge to win with the help of the CHRISTIAN.

Not sure how this is goin to pan out but i think cena will hold on to it settin up a match with ortan at WM. dont think that ortin will get his shot via the rumble as it will be super hunter but ortan will prob win a no 1 contenders match on raw. I do think that HBK will cost JBL his chance of winnin the title thus settin up there match at wm BUT NOT FOR THE TITLE.

Not really bothered but do agree with slicus that swagger should win.

Melina to win this one, i think a combination of santino and the new girl rosie will manage to **** it up for beth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I'm predicting that SuperHunter will rise again and that all of sports entertainment shall tremble under the weight of his mighty ego!
    What he said! I might stay up to watch some Tennis, I dont think I can bring myself to watch the Rumble, the thought of Super Hunter overcoming the odds and winning the rumble make me sad0015.gifsad0147.gifsad0064.gif

Swagger v Matt – ECW Title
    Jack only won the belt two weeks ago and I just can’t see them taking the belt of him in his first PPV defence. I want to see how Jack does with the belt so I have no problem with him retaining.
    Punk v Regal – Intercontinental Title
    The same logic as above, Regal will probably eliminate Punk from the Rumble later to keep the feud going which is fine as their last match was ace.
    Beth v Melina –Women’s belt
    Neither of these women could get a reaction from the crowd to save their lives yet both have being pushed like hell over the years. Beth will win; I hope it’s quick though.
    Jeff v Edge – WWE Title
    Jeff SHOULD win, people have being crying out for him to get the belt so I want to see how he does as champion. Financially their is no reason to take the belt of him, he sells a ton of merchandise and the ratings have improved with him as champion but he seems destined to drop the belt so Hunter can bury Edge at Mania. Christian will probably enter this and screw him out of the belt which will lead to their Mania match.
    Cena v JBL – Heavyweight Title
    This match on paper should be awful but I want to see what HBK does, I can’t see both Jeff and Cena losing so I suspect HBK will screw JBL out of the belt, that’s fine by me. I don’t want JBL in the main event at Mania.
    The Rumble
    Umaga will return in this and I expect if Bourne and Tomko are ready to go we might see them in this as well. I would not even rule out a Batista return seeing as Vince seems to have developed a hard on for swerves over the last few years. Anyways I can’t look past Hunter for this. They have being building up to win the thing on ages for Smackdown and they already have begun a feud with Edge, well mainly Vicky but heh it’s the same thing! I like many would love to see Orton win but I have a feeling their will be some punishment tomorrow night from Steph for kicking Vince. SuperHunter winning would be truly horrendous and dull but my money is on him sadly right now. Vince pull a swerve please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

The Bull wrote: »
    7 spots remain open

why dont we try to guess who the final 7 will be

There's always a few legends brought in for this match. Bearing that in mind, i'm gonna go with:

HBK
    Honky Tonk Man (after the reaction he go in the match with Santino)
    Rowdy Roddy Piper
    Jimmy Snuka
    Jim Duggan
    Umaga
    Matt Hardy
    Apparently Bob Orton Jr is being flown in for this event. I doubt he'll be in the Rumble match, but it's he's bound to be involved somewhere if they're flying him in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Randy to win the Rumble and either Shane or Steph to join Legacy....sorry no other predictions....too much stout for one night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Cena to beat JBL and JBL to blame HBK and then HBK to knock JBL out with Sweet Chin Music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Honky Tonk Man (after the reaction he go in the match with Santino)
    Rowdy Roddy Piper
    Jimmy Snuka

Those would be great, and also give some exposure and an excuse to promote the legends of wrestlemania game.

And i would pay to see honky to get hit with his guitar by kane again :)
    But kane from back then.. not really present kane.

Advertisement