Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

and the oscar goes to...

• 25-01-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭

So we have winners in the 01/01/2009 challenge.

1st RoryW
    normal__DSC1894_avignon_TGV.jpg

2nd CabanSail
    normal_Sentinels.jpg

3rd HughC
    normal_D300_2009-01-01_DSC_3131.jpg

Congrats everyone. Now we just need a theme for the next challenge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Nicely done RoryW !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Congrats to the Winners.....:):):)

What about a Valentine Theme for Feb 14th!!!!

For all the lovers out there.....guitar-play.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Whoohoo! :) Thanks to all who voted for me - including myself (at the start in case I got no votes - its sads I admit)

Thoughts for a February theme

- Bodies or body parts (but not as gory as that exhibition on in town) - not just restricted to humans, animals but could also be inanimate

- Love

- Romance

- Red

- Opposites

- Contrast

- Selected theme + must be taken only with a 50mm

Look forward to see what other people suggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

where are those places?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

IIRC this was just a Mini-Challenge.

Wasn't the theme for the next challenge was set as Symmetry?

Just checked ..... 'Symmetry in the natural world'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Well done you folks.

Like the idea of "taken only with a 50mm" but I guess not everyone would have a 50mm so perhaps if incorporating 50mm it should be "taken with or at 50mm" ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Congrats Rory, lovely shot.

T.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Lovely shot Rory. Great use of lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

CabanSail wrote: »
    IIRC this was just a Mini-Challenge.

Wasn't the theme for the next challenge was set as Symmetry?

Just checked ..... 'Symmetry in the natural world'

I'll create a new album then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Did the 'must be taken within the period of the competition' rule kick in after all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Nicely done RoryW !

+1 :D

Well done to the others too

elven wrote: »
    Did the 'must be taken within the period of the competition' rule kick in after all?

I don't think there was any decision made. Personally I am not in favour of it as a general rule as we do not get enough entries as it is, especially when the theme is quite specific. We did have that in place for this mini-challenge as the image had to be taken on the specific day. It could be ok if the theme was something more general too. 'Symmetry in the natural world' is quite specific.

That's my 2c worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Tis mostly sheer laziness, mind you, to want to be able to use something from the archives... :/

'Symmetry in the natural world'

We'll be overrun with entries I fear. :):rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

'Symmetry in the natural world'
    ....please elaborate, explain as my brain seems to be mal-functioning (seems to be stuck in Stand-By mode) this early in the week !

Symmetry: something symmetrical, yes ?
    Natural World: something in Nature (outdoors), ie. not cities, or indoors (kinda) ????

....please elaborate, explain as my brain seems to be mal-functioning (seems to be stuck in Stand-By mode) this early in the week !

Symmetry: something symmetrical, yes ?
    Natural World: something in Nature (outdoors), ie. not cities, or indoors (kinda) ????

That'd be it I suppose.

Advertisement